How would you guys rate the status of our division looking into next year

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Obviously this season isn't over yet and there's still the draft and free agency, but if you were to look ahead, how do you think this division is stacking up for the reasonably foreseeable future? Lions and Packers have had a ton of injuries this year, Vikings have some good wide outs and a tough defense to play against that isn't going anywhere. I actually don't expect the Packers to take much of a step back next year, as long as they have Rodgers they'll always be competitive. Their defensive coordinator is quite good, and whichever coach they hire will take a backseat to whatever Rodgers wants to do anyway. The Bears' ascendancy doesn't equate to the Packers being made irrelevant imo. All it means is that our two matchups against them every year are no longer automatic losses for the Bears. The weakest team is obviously the Lions. Matt Stafford is on the books until 2022, he's always been very beatable. Matt Patricia hasn't exactly worked miracles his first season. But assuming better health for our rivals and regression to the mean for us, I wouldn't be very surprised if this division is tougher next season

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Thinking about next season is for teams that have missed the playoffs.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Imagine making this thread last year. Seem stupid? Yes. Gotta wait for the draft and FA and coaching changes and training camp injuries before you can possibly even start this conversation.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Packers will cut Cobb and Matthews so they will have money to spend. Their problem is they have a hard time attracting people to play in Green Bay. Plus, I think Rodgers is starting to get labeled around the inner circles in the league as a diva. They don't have much going for them to be honest.

Bears should be the front runners even with little draft capital and cap room. The only thing that derails them next season is injury.

Rise

Liked Posts:
It’s always hard to repeat. We get the saints and rams next year while the others get to feast on bums in those divisions. That said no reason the Bears can’t compete and get better than this season on offense which should help to balance them out.

Our division is tough, this isn’t the afc east, but we as fans should have as much optimism as anyone.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The only certainty is that Detroit is going nowhere. Green Bay is rebuilding and Minnesota still has a window if they can get an offensive line.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Detroit sucking are facts, the rest are speculations.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The division is a mess.

The Bears are the most stable team.

In GB, we have seen coaching changes, they are not always positive.

Det, the Patricia hire looks terrible the roster sucks.

Min, best chance to bounce back, but I don’t think Kirk is that good.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The division is a mess.

The Bears are the most stable team.

In GB, we have seen coaching changes, they are not always positive.

Det, the Patricia hire looks terrible the roster sucks.

Min, best chance to bounce back, but I don’t think Kirk is that good.

I'm usually perceived as a negative guy, and I already think the Bears will cruise to 1st place next year.

Our division is overrated. Who would have predicted the Vikings would finish 8-7-1 & be in 2nd place? I haven't been impressed by the Vikings all year. The other two teams aren't even worth talking about.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If someone asked this Week 16 last year, they probably would've thought the Vikings and Packers were pretty well set up for the next several years. Now we know those team are on the way down, down, down, at least as they stand right now. I won't pretend to know what tomorrow brings.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cousins, so far, has been a horrid acquisition for Minny. Coaching change in GB, fine, but they still have their GM? It has to be the... no one wants to play in small town Northern, Central bumbles. And yes, Detroit is bad.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Vikings are a great offensive line away from being the best in the division. Can they make that happen? Based on their current track record, I would say it is possible but somehow they will mess it up.

GB has a chance for a quick turn around because of Rodgers. If they get a good new HC and OC with a good scheme, they could be the media’s darling before the preseason is over.

The Bears will have a tough go of it with next year’s schedule. If The offense and Trubisky takes the expected next step and starts making all of the layup plays to go with all of the wow plays, they could make it back to 10 and 6. However, Injuries will probably be back next year and limit us to a 9-7 team and some people will be calling to clean house. This year is probably the Bears best chance to make it to the SB for the next 3 years.

The Lions won’t have sustained success under Matt Patricia.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Vikings are a great offensive line away from being the best in the division. Can they make that happen? Based on their current track record, I would say it is possible but somehow they will mess it up.

GB has a chance for a quick turn around because of Rodgers. If they get a good new HC and OC with a good scheme, they could be the media’s darling before the preseason is over.

The Bears will have a tough go of it with next year’s schedule. If The offense and Trubisky takes the expected next step and starts making all of the layup plays to go with all of the wow plays, they could make it back to 10 and 6. However, Injuries will probably be back next year and limit us to a 9-7 team and some people will be calling to clean house. This year is probably the Bears best chance to make it to the SB for the next 3 years.

Funny how NcNooget disappeared

mecha

Liked Posts:

I think the Bears have to strike while the iron's hot, now. they'll have a lot of money tied up in keeping that defense together, money they don't really have now or next season. hopefully Pace hits more than misses on the drafts while he's still with the team. people have bitched for a long time about how the rebuild was taking so long, but I think to go from nothing to what they have now in 3 years was pretty good.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Cousins, so far, has been a horrid acquisition for Minny. Coaching change in GB, fine, but they still have their GM? It has to be the... no one wants to play in small town Northern, Central bumbles. And yes, Detroit is bad.

Why do people think Kirk Cousins is so bad? On the season he's got 29 touchdowns and 10 interceptions with a 70% completion percentage. That's better than Mitch. If Mitchell had those stats we'd be ecstatic

Monster

Liked Posts:
GB is a dumpster fire that will warm me for some time. The Bears are division champs until they aren’t.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Our first place schedule just means we get New Orleans on Chicago and go to the Rams. That's not as bad as it looks. Minnesota plays at Seattle and hosts Carolina. Green Bay plays at Atlanta and hosts Jimmy G and a healthy San Francisco. All three North teams will probably go 1 and 1 in those games.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see 3 teams whose QB contracts are limiting their rosters more than the one team with QB on his rookie deal.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Saints go as Brees goes. He's awesome this year for sure, but next year who knows. Hard to predict how 40 year olds will play year after year.

Brady is still good but statistically, he's having one of his worse years in a long time. He's thrown more INTs than the last two years combined and TDs are way down.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Much like this year, the Bears got a decent break in terms of where for the most part, they get the seemingly tougher games at home and their opponents have to play on the road

Home - Chargers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Giants, Saints, Division Teams
Road - Raiders, Broncos, Eagles, Washington, Rams, Division Teams

Minnesota
H - Raiders, Broncos, Eagles, Washington, Falcons, Division Teams
R - Chargers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Giants, Seattle, Division Teams

Packers
H - Raiders, Broncos, Eagles, Washington, Panthers, Division Teams
R - Chargers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Giants, San Francisco, Division Teams