Howard Catching On

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This all sounds very familiar.

August 2017 after lasik eye surgery:

He had PRK laser surgery, not Lasik. PRK takes longer to heal, and he scratched his cornea in TC also. I know a friend who had PRK done to become a RCMP, and it took a while before it settled.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I think Howard is my favorite player on this team. Love his attitude, love his work ethic, and love his performance.

So far, it looks like he might have a Peanut-like career trajectory where he kinda just quietly churns out year after year of production and is so solid, fans barely notice him until he fucks up now and then. I really hope he is on the team long enough for everyone to come around and realize what a stud he is. Shit, it only took like 6 years with Peanut or some shit.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Man, I think Howard is my favorite player on this team. Love his attitude, love his work ethic, and love his performance.

So far, it looks like he might have a Peanut-like career trajectory where he kinda just quietly churns out year after year of production and is so solid, fans barely notice him until he fucks up now and then. I really hope he is on the team long enough for everyone to come around and realize what a stud he is. Shit, it only took like 6 years with Peanut or some shit.

I feel like Peanut got zero national recognition until like, 2010, which was a crock. To this day I dont understand how it took so long, when several other guys on this defense were getting plenty of recognition during the Lovie years. He had great games against Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson that highlighted the early and middle , and several great games on national television (particularly the Cardinals game in 2007).

To the point, Howard is surely one of my favorites too. Here's to hoping he plays for us for a decade, like Forte, and ends up as one of the RBs that we tell children and grand children about. I have a feeling that he and Cohen are going to light the league up next year.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had PRK laser surgery, not Lasik. PRK takes longer to heal, and he scratched his cornea in TC also. I know a friend who had PRK done to become a RCMP, and it took a while before it settled.

The quote I provided has Howard himself saying that the changes to his vision were instant and improved.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
its nice that hes working on it but either you have hands or you dont, its not really something that can be learned. he might improve a bit, but i wouldnt count on his hands in big situations or when an opportunity for a big play presents itself.

just use him to pound the ball when need be and to keep defenses honest... and throw him a couple here and there, again, just to keep Ds honest. hes not and never will be a 3 dimensional back. i wish he was, im not big on rotating backs. they dont get into a grove, their rhythm is thrown off and the O is a little more predictable. thought there are exceptions such as NO. but i love a back that can stay on the field all game, any down, regardless of the situation and be a threat to run it up the gut or run a full route out of the backfield.

sure, he went down a little easy sometimes, but like i said before, i would have loved to see forte in his prime in this O. cohen can do it all, and take the hits, but being small i wouldnt want to subject him to that kind of punishment, even if he can take it, since its not worth the risk of losing such a dynamic player.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like Peanut got zero national recognition until like, 2010, which was a crock. To this day I dont understand how it took so long, when several other guys on this defense were getting plenty of recognition during the Lovie years. He had great games against Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson that highlighted the early and middle , and several great games on national television (particularly the Cardinals game in 2007).

To the point, Howard is surely one of my favorites too. Here's to hoping he plays for us for a decade, like Forte, and ends up as one of the RBs that we tell children and grand children about. I have a feeling that he and Cohen are going to light the league up next year.

National attention? There were fans that talked about cutting or trading him every offseason for his first 5 years. People latch on to fucking Cam Meredith but it took Peanut 10 years. Shit, it was similar with Forte.