Hub Arkish basically calling Fields a bust on the score

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He didn't say those words but that's what he means.

Says that nothing would have worked against the Browns because Fields can't execute from outside the pocket.

Also says he clearly is not ready to play and by playing him when Dalton is healthy is throwing away the season. And if the Bears wanted to be the Jaguars, they would do just that.

Wow

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

Says that nothing would have worked against the Browns because Fields can't execute from outside the pocket.

Also says he clearly is not ready to play and by playing him when Dalton is healthy is throwing away the season. And if the Bears wanted to be the Jaguars, they would do just that.

Wow
I'm not trying to be an ass...but are you jumping to conclusions a little?

I'm going to be realistic about the situation too...and ppl have already been trying to put words in my mouth.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hub sucks, he's one of the reasons I don't listen to 670 anymore.

Pretty much all the Chicago radio personalities these days suck or have a co-host who sucks. Kap is unbearable to me. Fuck that guy.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I'm not trying to be an ass...but are you jumping to conclusions a little?

I'm going to be realistic about the situation too...and ppl have already been trying to put words in my mouth.
For Hub to say that Fields can't execute outside the pocket because he has not proven it yet in games is absolute bullshit. He has played in 1.5 games and has had less than a handful of play calls that utilizes him getting outside the pocket. I mean, he proved at the highest level in college that he can execute in this style. And this style can and has worked in the NFL as well.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Was he allowed out of the pocket other than when he was running for his life in an attempt to not let Nagy break the record for most sacks?

Anyone who calls a rookie QB a bust on their first start is a complete moron.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
If Hub thinks that this roster is ready to be a contender this year with Dalton at the helm, he is full of it. Honestly, I can't say I've been to upset with Dalton's performance given the play calls this year so if they run him out there when he is back healthy, it's not the end of the world to me. I don't think we our competitors this year with this roster no matter who the QB is. I'm more of the opinion this year is a lost cause and I'd rather use the time to get Fields reps and figure out if we actually have a potential franchise QB on our hands.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was he allowed out of the pocket other than when he was running for his life in an attempt to not let Nagy break the record for most sacks?

Anyone who calls a rookie QB a bust on their first start is a complete moron.
That’s quite a big list here on ccs

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
For Hub to say that Fields can't execute outside the pocket because he has not proven it yet in games is absolute bullshit. He has played in 1.5 games and has had less than a handful of play calls that utilizes him getting outside the pocket. I mean, he proved at the highest level in college that he can execute in this style. And this style can and has worked in the NFL as well.
Gotcha. You seem like a reasonable poster, so that's fair.

I do think Fields got a bit of a wake-up call on the "game not being too fast for me."

When he was pressured and Miles Garrett rolled up on him like it was nothing to catch him - that was a wake up call for me. I'm thinking of changing my expectations for him running.

I know he's faster than Mitch, but maybe only by a little??

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Hub is such a tool. Listening to him now. Not sure what game he was watching. Blamed it all on Ifedi. Yeah the rest of the OL was amazing….

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Wow
You missed the very end where he hedged his baes like the weasel he is and claimed he still thinks Fields will be a good quarterback.

Hubs just an asshat now trying to drive people crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Wow
Can we stop with this? He either called him a bust, or he didn't.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Me: We can't really judge Fields until we see at least 2 years of him play
Hub: He's a bust, I can tell after seeing him play one game

Okay then, I'm just a guy on the internet and Hub has 30+ years of experience analyzing football so....we'll see who's correct

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Me: We can't really judge Fields until we see at least 2 years of him play
Hub: He's a bust, I can tell after seeing him play one game

Okay then, I'm just a guy on the internet and Hub has 30+ years of experience analyzing football so....we'll see who's correct

Is your profile pic actually you with your car?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Gotcha. You seem like a reasonable poster, so that's fair.

I do think Fields got a bit of a wake-up call on the "game not being too fast for me."

When he was pressured and Miles Garrett rolled up on him like it was nothing to catch him - that was a wake up call for me. I'm thinking of changing my expectations for him running.

I know he's faster than Mitch, but maybe only by a little??
Fields is a fair bit faster than Mitch. The play in question was a rollout, so Fields isn't sprinting he's scanning down field while moving and never has a clue Garrett is barreling down on him from behind at full speed and he's insanely fast for a big man. That said, Fields isn't incredibly quick. He's a long strider There is a difference.