Hub: Decision to start Fields over Dalton came right from George McCaskey.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Hub's source=Matt Nagy

*Hub is also looking for a Real Estate agent

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I heard that weeks ago when the decision was made. Didn't think it was much of a secret

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Conspiracy theory. George and Pace were going to use tomorrow's game to give Nagy a fair shot to hang around longer but if the O still looked shit with Dalton against the crappy Lions, they would fire him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Conspiracy theory. George and Pace were going to use tomorrow's game to give Nagy a fair shot to hang around longer but if the O still looked shit with Dalton against the crappy Lions, they would fire him.
Fields isn't injured...it's Nagy's Last Stand.

George is a tricky fucker.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
They didn’t want him to enjoy thanksgiving dinner at home while the rest of the team had to suffer in Detroit after suffering years of Nagy incompetence. They spun it to Matt saying they respect him and want to see him go out with a W instead of an L…out of pure respect of course

1637776576213.gif

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So did he order Dalton to fake an injury? Or when Dalton was back healthy is that when he ordered Nagy to start Fields?

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
So did he order Dalton to fake an injury? Or when Dalton was back healthy is that when he ordered Nagy to start Fields?
It could be that George wasn't too excited about what others thought of Dalton and was even more excited when they landed Fields. So in the excitement, he wanted Fields to get any playing time he can. Notice how they played him here and there in the first two games... why? So then when Dalton really got injured but was ok a week later, George used that to his advantage to get Fields the starter position.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
It could be that George wasn't too excited about what others thought of Dalton and was even more excited when they landed Fields. So in the excitement, he wanted Fields to get any playing time he can. Notice how they played him here and there in the first two games... why? So then when Dalton really got injured but was ok a week later, George used that to his advantage to get Fields the starter position.
Plus it could have been that it was a way to see if the real problem is QB/team or Nagy.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes I know. It's all just ridiculous right now.

Yeah, it's getting that kind of Bears about to fire Mark Trestman level weird.

88a67eb7bc87ac6aac8cb7112a6bcf52.jpg

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t know how the contract is written, but could be in order for the buy out clause to kick in he may be made to coach this last game.. either way this is complete dysfunction like I’ve never seen before.

george on down need to go, what an embarrassment.

canceled team meetings with the shit show they’ve been putting out there? Unbelievable.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Actually Fields played here and there week one, and almost all of week two. Except for getting paid a lot of money this year, the two guys on this team that got screwed over the most were Dalton and ARob. They REALLY did a tune on ARob starting with the unwillingness to even talk to him the entire prior year before.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I do have to admit though - this is the first time it ever came out confirmed that the owner meddled - not Pace, not Ted Phillips, but George McCaskey himself.

It's actually a little Jerry Jones-esque. I almost want to be proud of that pencil-necked collaborator for putting his foot down and acting like an owner for once. If it did come from him, then he made the right call.