Hub: Decision to start Fields over Dalton came right from George McCaskey.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Actually Fields played here and there week one, and almost all of week two. Except for getting paid a lot of money this year, the two guys on this team that got screwed over the most were Dalton and ARob. They REALLY did a tune on ARob starting with the unwillingness to even talk to him the entire prior year before.
He’s collected close to 80 mil from the bears in 5 years. I wish I can get screwed like him lol

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Interesting idea - did Matt Nagy leave Fields in a position to be destroyed by the Browns in order to "show" George McCaskey he should be allowed to start Dalton instead?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do have to admit though - this is the first time it ever came out confirmed that the owner meddled - not Pace, not Ted Phillips, but George McCaskey himself.

It's actually a little Jerry Jones-esque. I almost want to be proud of that pencil-necked collaborator for putting his foot down and acting like an owner for once. If it did come from him, then he made the right call.
No. Owners shouldn’t be interfering. The right call was to fire Chicago’s favorite Realtor last year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Interesting idea - did Matt Nagy leave Fields in a position to be destroyed by the Browns in order to "show" George McCaskey he should be allowed to start Dalton instead?
Yeah that’s an excellent way to protect one’s job ?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think this is bs story, and just don't adds up. How can possibly George fire Nagy now after asking him to start a unprepared rookie early. If Fields was in the QB competition right from the start then yeah.. Waiting till the end of the season..

Right now, I think what happened is something got out that shouldn't have in terms of the Bears thinking. Now everything they are doing is for PR to try to control damage.

What this may have done though is prolong nagys stay this year.

My only concern is the pace at which the mccaskey's move during a hire

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
ehh, fuck this, George could of kept quite or put Pace and Nagy on blast on their way out, but instead he's being their bodyguard, looking for an excuse to fucking hold onto Nagy.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Conspiracy theory. George and Pace were going to use tomorrow's game to give Nagy a fair shot to hang around longer but if the O still looked shit with Dalton against the crappy Lions, they would fire him.
This is the smartest thing I've read on this website today.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
ok, this is weird, and I think everyone is missing the big picture point of this. IF, and I mean IF, Hub is correct.

IF Hub is correct, and George made the football decision to play a player, then he lied last Jan when he said Pace and Nagy are the football guys. IF George made this call, then Pace has got to be shown the door. Or else Hubs sources are as full of shit as the guy who reported Nagy's fate.

Fucking CNN has infected the NFL as well.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
If I was a legit HC candidate, why the FUCK do I want to come to Chicago? Dynamics are bizarre as hell.

Shit s set up for another candidate that doesn't have a ton of options and would gladly be HC for the Bears because deep down, he knows he can't get a legit shot anywhere else.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If I was a legit HC candidate, why the FUCK do I want to come to Chicago? Dynamics are bizarre as hell.

Shit s set up for another candidate that doesn't have a ton of options and would gladly be HC for the Bears because deep down, he knows he can't get a legit shot anywhere else.
You would turn down a 5 year 25-50 mil guaranteed contract?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You would turn down a 5 year 25-50 mil guaranteed contract?

Me? I'd take it in a heartbeat but that's exactly my point.

A legit HC candidate has choices. The way this shitty PR explosion is going, we're setting up for a discount hire. To say a legit NFL HC candidate would have concerns about the way this organization is run is an understatement and frankly, probably is not possible to be discerned through the interview and vetting process that legit guys also do when they scrutinize which team they would like to coach for.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey man, don't shoot the messenger.
Don't diminish your worth. You're a CCS oracle. Every tweet you quote, every Brad Biggs report you interpret, we would all be adrift in mere facts without the musings that make it all make sense to you while you order your McDonald's breakfasts.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Me? I'd take it in a heartbeat but that's exactly my point.

A legit HC candidate has choices. The way this shitty PR explosion is going, we're setting up for a discount hire. To say a legit NFL HC candidate would have concerns about the way this organization is run is an understatement and frankly, probably is not possible to be discerned through the interview and vetting process that legit guys also do when they scrutinize which team they would like to coach for.
You’re right but look at all our hires. Only fox was a previous successful hc and he took the job knowing the disaster he was walking into. All hc candidates walking into bears job know they have job security being mediocre and know mccaskeys don’t like eating contracts. If I was a hc candidate what would steer me away from the job is pace being gm more so than how the team went about firing the previous hc.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You’re right but look at all our hires. Only fox was a previous successful hc and he took the job knowing the disaster he was walking into. All hc candidates walking into bears job know they have job security being mediocre and know mccaskeys don’t like eating contracts. If I was a hc candidate what would steer me away from the job is pace being gm more so than how the team went about firing the previous hc.

How the owners went about firing the HC? That's not what is going on right now.

This clusterfuck is far worse than just an awkward firing. The entire dynamics of communication and accountability is bizarre and haywire. And it's as public as it can be.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
How the owners went about firing the HC? That's not what is going on right now.

This clusterfuck is far worse than just an awkward firing. The entire dynamics of communication and accountability is bizarre and haywire. And it's as public as it can be.
You’re assuming these reports are true and not made up stuff

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You’re assuming these reports are true and not made up stuff

No, I'm not. Just look at what is going on. Think about how dysfunctional everything has to be behind the scenes irrespective of which report is true or partially true.