Hub Speculations....

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It has to be awesome to ask terrible questions, write terrible articles, and be painful to listen to, yet still have a cushy job that pays well with tons of perks. And yes, I am jealous

greg23

Liked Posts:
Look...if we're picking top 5 it means we won less than 5 games.....a qb is absolutely in play to draft unless Fields had a magical year but lost every game 35-31 because of the defense

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Look...if we're picking top 5 it means we won less than 5 games.....a qb is absolutely in play to draft unless Fields had a magical year but lost every game 35-31 because of the defense
Maybe he got hurt because the oline sucks

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Poles has been overly complimentary of Fields since he’s been hired. He’s brought Fields in to speak to the media during the introductory press conference and brought him in to watch film on prospects they were considering a week before the draft.

But if he has said at any time, ‘Justin Fields is going to be our franchise quarterback. I’m confident in that, and it’s one position I don’t have to worry about,’ I can’t find that quote or anything resembling it anywhere.
This is just a flat out REACH. It’s hard to blame Hub for being pessimistic, after covering the Bears for as long as he has.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think its ridiculous to speculate if Poles has one foot out the door on Fields based on next years QB crop.

This time last year everyone thought Spencer Rattler and Sam Howell were going to be the top 2 picks in the draft. Things can change quickly. Both Stroud and Young are losing their top 2 WRs. I wouldn't be too quick to start thinking about replacing Fields.

Plus, the schedule is too easy this year to pick near the top of the draft. At worst, Fields will play well enough to beat a few of the scrub teams we play. And he will do so by looking good enough for Poles to go out and make some splash signings to help him.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I think its ridiculous to speculate if Poles has one foot out the door on Fields based on next years QB crop.

This time last year everyone thought Spencer Rattler and Sam Howell were going to be the top 2 picks in the draft. Things can change quickly. Both Stroud and Young are losing their top 2 WRs. I wouldn't be too quick to start thinking about replacing Fields.

Plus, the schedule is too easy this year to pick near the top of the draft. At worst, Fields will play well enough to beat a few of the scrub teams we play. And he will do so by looking good enough for Poles to go out and make some splash signings to help him.
This is most likely.....but even a 6-7 win team in 2021 was picking 6th-11th

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hub knows what he’s doing. He, just like so many in the media, make unpopular opinions just to get people to talk about him/his work.

There’s no such thing as bad publicity.

You’re playing right into his hands

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reporters have too much time to think and try to be smarter than they really are