I’m eating crow on Daboll

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was one blowout. Calm down. Probably gonna get spanked by Mahomes.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
There are a couple of things that impress me about Daboll that I didn't know earlier in the season.

The first is that coming out of New England, he already went through his "I didn't know what I was doing" phase a lot of coordinators go through, when they try to emulate the head coach they served under, usually to great failure, and then finally figured it out and evolved from that, with provable results in Alabama and Buffalo.

One of the issues with going after a guru is they haven't been around the league enough to really learn the craft, and instead are just a xerox of a system - but they don't really know what makes it tick.

Daboll struggled with that already and overcame it, which makes me less scared that he'd get hit with it again. He's already learned the most important lesson in the NFL - how to adapt.

That leads me in to the second impressive thing - he's build 2 very different offenses when in Alabama and Buffalo. Combine that with everyone saying he builds his offenses around his players, and you have someone who is more than a playbook, and more than a one trick pony.

I feel like this is someone who is a strong enough coach that he can adapt and actually grow as a coach, not because we hope he can, but because he already has in his career. It tremendously manages the risk of whether a head coach works out.
I agree with virtually everything you’ve said. I wonder if we share the same apprehension of him being a Belichek guy. That’s really my #1 concern, now.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t understand how people are so high on Leftwich when he works with the greatest QB to ever play the game.

id be hugely concerned that he’s just riding the coat tails of Brady. That and he’s very young in his career.
The idea that Leftwich is ready to run an entire team seems insane to me

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Leftwich has proven to be able too craft an offense around 2 different Qb's and remain in the top 5.
I don't about BRICE'S offense :unsure::) . But who doesn't take from others when it comes to offensive scheme.
Actually, Leftwich tweaked the offense to not include all those " no risk it, no biscuit it" low % deep throws.

No I haven't "forgotten how the whole Matt Nagy circus". And I don't lump Leftwich in with a former mediocre, arena football league Qb, turned R.E. agent. Leftwich was a quality college & pro Qb ( this can definitely help Fields' development). Lets be clear....... I was never in favor of Nagy coming here.

Leftwich is a respected leader. Nagy was never a leader. He lost the locker room and had a 3rd string Qb ( Foles) questioning his offense publicly. SMH. Nagy never crafted a high scoring offense around the existing talent. I see no comparisons with Nagy & Leftwich.

The majority of new non HC experienced hires bring someone "else’s offense". Now the good ones make changes to fit the existing talent. You've got ppl out here pumping Kellen Moore for HC, yet he doesn't have anywhere near the experience nor the resume of a Leftwich.

I don't get some of push back on Leftwich. When ya get ppl like joe judge( Giants) and Dan Campbell ( Lions) getting HC jobs SMH
And do you think Campbell and Judge are good HCs…?

(good star for responding to my typo…)

I was just adding a little levity. I know the "i" is next to the "u" on the keyboard. :)

So I think we can agree neither should've been HC's. I brought up those 2 as more of a sidebar. I didn't mean for them to be the focus and or meat of the discussion.

I feel the same way about Kellen Moore. But ppl are talking HC for him right now.

However, some ppl are going through Leftwich's background with a fine tooth comb. Please read the rest my of my comments. In the other comments. I was addressing what I believe are important thoughts on Leftwich related to the greater discussion.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Winston/Fitzpatrick had better numbers the year before. More TDs, less INTs, higher YPA.

Also, if he gets credit for yards/points he gets blame for 30 INTs. Can't have it both ways.
are you saying they had better numbers than Brady? I don't care about this Daboll shit, Bears aren't getting him anyway, Brady's entire statline dwarfed what they did. run and shoot's point is still correct, the Buccaneers offense was still plenty good before Brady, but it's significantly better with him. that man's nearly in his mid 40s and put up a 40+ TD/5000+ yard season, he didn't do that for the majority of his time with the Patriots. what Leftwich has done is better than what Adam Gase did with Manning holding his hand, and that guy was anointed the greatest thing since sliced bread. is Leftwich ready to be a head coach? probably not. I understand coaches need to be promoted and elevated over time, but some need to just stick with what they're good at. (Fangio)

resume eating crows now. sound like a bunch of hillbillies with that shit.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

So these are the HC's hired in 2021. Yet some ppl are saying Leftwich is NOT ready and or its "insane" to think Leftwich is ready to run a team. Really? And what puts these others below so high above Leftwich?

I don't see it.

Brandon Staley, Chargers

Urban Meyer, Jaguars

Nick Sirianni, Eagles

Dan Campbell, Lions

Arthur Smith, Falcons

Robert Saleh, Jets

David Culley, Texans

Last edited:

DB012031

Liked Posts:
It was one blowout. Calm down. Probably gonna get spanked by Mahomes.
You do know that Allen and the Bills already came to Arrowhead and spanked the Chiefs this year, right? In fact, all the remaining teams in the AFC playoffs have beaten the chiefs this year.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
You do know that Allen and the Bills already came to Arrowhead and spanked the Chiefs this year, right? In fact, all the remaining teams in the AFC playoffs have beaten the chiefs this year.
They'll choke soon enough.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
The question is always can he lead this team?
Earlier, I made a post where I said, “Fuck Daboll.” I was wrong. I am wrong. And I will now eat my crow.

I thought he was a pass happy dude who ran a dime offense in the cold of Buffalo. He is more complex than that.

I am now throwing in my support for him as my top candidate.

1.) Daboll
2.) Hackett
3.) Leftwich

I don’t want a revolving door at OC. We can plug and play on D for a while or keep Desai. We can’t afford to get Fields wrong or do him wrong.

mom another not, I think the 49ers may cause an upset next week and a Hackett meltdown.

I was wrong. I’m eating crow. Serve it up cold!

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide

So these are the HC's hired in 2021. Yet some ppl are saying Leftwich is NOT ready and or its "insane" to think Leftwich is ready to run a team. Really? And what puts these others below so high above Leftwich?

I don't see it.

Brandon Staley, Chargers

Urban Meyer, Jaguars

Nick Sirianni, Eagles

Dan Campbell, Lions

Arthur Smith, Falcons

Robert Saleh, Jets

David Culley, Texans

I'd take Leftwich over some of those guys, he will get his shot somewhere soon, no doubt.

Bust

Liked Posts:
So. If the Bills look like shit in the next game, are you gonna change your mind?

they have had some stinkers in the regular season . . .

doesn't take much to impress on this board. Look up Chris Ballard threads, lul

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Joe Lombardi anyone?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has been calling plays for longer than McVay.

McVay has 5 years of being an offensive assistant, WR and TE coach.

Leftwich has 9 years of being an NFL QB.

yeah, he can call plays. Sweet

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I don't see it.

Brandon Staley, Chargers

Urban Meyer, Jaguars

Nick Sirianni, Eagles

Dan Campbell, Lions

Arthur Smith, Falcons

Robert Saleh, Jets

David Culley, Texans

2 of those ppl have already been fired lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yeah, he can call plays. Sweet

The point is you or I have no idea if any of these guys without HC experience can run a full team as they never have before. The main way you get any inkling is by interviewing them and hearing how comprehensive their plan is which we are not privy to the interviews.

Being a position coach for a few more years is not proof you can run a team.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I don't see it.

Brandon Staley, Chargers

Urban Meyer, Jaguars

Nick Sirianni, Eagles

Dan Campbell, Lions

Arthur Smith, Falcons

Robert Saleh, Jets

David Culley, Texans

2 of those ppl have already been fired lol

True. Ya gotta ask how were any of them hired in the first place. Dan Campbell, Lions ?
But we're told only the best, most qualified get hired. :rolleyes: