Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I see Pace as at least making strides. He still need to get better with contracts and the cap, Nagy on the other hand seems a stubborn lost cause. I would happily be wrong. This move tells me Pace will be around awhile, I just hope he has the guts to cut bait with Nagy if we see more of the same this next season.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes. It's really terrible that the Bears may have finally found a franchise QB just so the Bears won't turn over staff now. If Pace got this one right, he deserves to keep his job. His biggest knock was fucking up early picks, and not finding a QB. As far as Nagy goes, we'll see how he does. If he doesn't perform now, I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in a year or two.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am probably the biggest Ryan Pace hater there is and sort of agree with you; he finally got it right after 7 years. If he drafts a tackle tonight his sins may just be forgiven. But for now, yeah fuck that moron.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah... I can't wait to find something else to bitch about too....

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I am probably the biggest Ryan Pace hater there is and sort of agree with you; he finally got it right after 7 years. If he drafts a tackle tonight his sins may just be forgiven. But for now, yeah fuck that moron.
According to reports Naggy got it right not pace lol.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
yeah... I can't wait to find something else to bitch about too....

Nothing has changed about Nagy being a shit coach. GMs don't get countless opportunities to draft/sign QBs

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pace didn't deserve to be here to make this pick. He certainly didn't deserve the opportunity to trade future picks for this pick. I will fight @ThatGuyRyan because i hate Pace more than him but this was a knock out of the park. I honestly couldn't think of another pick that would have been better than this. A realistic one at least.

But now it is on Pace to learn from other past mistakes. It will be crucial for him to nail more of these day 1 and 2 picks moving forward. Because if Fields is that dude, the Bears will be sinking a lot of money into the QB position 4-5 years from now. It will be critical that he draft well and not feel pressured to overspend in FA on positions you missed in the draft. No more expensive backup QBs. No more Robert Quinns. No more dumb contracts for guys who still have too much to prove.

This is the best pick a Chicago Bears Gm has made in my lifetime. They are extremely fortunate that Fields fell in the first place. I still think Pace sucks and should have been fired. All things can be true. All i know is my love for this team and the hunger for them to have a star QB far overshadows my distain for Pace. But he has a lot more work to do and so does his guy Matt Nagy.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Credit only goes one place here in the Bears front office:

That's the enigmatic and marvelous -- "Collaboration"--

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We're about to find out if Nagy is the real deal or the fraud that many think he is. I've been tough on Pace and kinda gave Nagy the benefit of the doubt for the shit QBs he's been provided. Now it feels like the tide is turning - Pace isn't perfect, but he's done some good things (with a lot of fuck ups). Now it's time for Nagy to step up and make this shit work.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
We're about to find out if Nagy is the real deal or the fraud that many think he is. I've been tough on Pace and kinda gave Nagy the benefit of the doubt for the shit QBs he's been provided. Now it feels like the tide is turning - Pace isn't perfect, but he's done some good things (with a lot of fuck ups). Now it's time for Nagy to step up and make this shit work.
I'm a fan of Pace's aggressive nature. It's what allowed us to get Mack and now Fields. Nonetheless I can't stand how obvious it was last off-season that our OL needed upgrades and he completely ignored it, especially with his top QB getting his last shot to prove him right. Also not a fan of cutting Fuller for Dalton (don't mind Dalton, but not at the expense of Fuller. Then you might as well play Foles).