I am still bullish on Nagy...

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say I am bullish on Nagy as much as I am done with firing coaches for not being able to build a sustained winner with a shit tier quarterback.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I look at it from my personal context.

When I have a new class and I am planning for them like it is going to be Dead Poet's Society and I get a bunch of finger painting vape heads, I have to pretty quickly throw the original plan in the garbage.

Nagy has struggled to throw his 202 in the garbage.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:

When I have a new class and I am planning for them like it is going to be Dead Poet's Society and I get a bunch of finger painting vape heads, I have to pretty quickly throw the original plan in the garbage.

But there's only so much you can do with, or get out of, a finger painting vape head

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But there's only so much you can do with, or get out of, a finger painting vape head

True

But expecting them to be more than they are is guaranteed failure. What we are seeing is guaranteed failure.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

do you ever stand on a desk in class, pound your chest, and use a british accent while reciting your mock drafts to your students?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wouldn't say I am bullish on Nagy as much as I am done with firing coaches for not being able to build a sustained winner with a shit tier quarterback.

Do you not think that Nagy has handled all of this adversity very poorly, though?

We've wasted so much time on shit head coaches. And we've pointed fingers at players and coordinators. How much time do you give Nagy? Do you give him another QB, and 3 years with said QB? He's straight up shitting his pants right now. Do we pretend like a new QB is going to magically fix all of his other blatant flaws?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure I've ever seen a player deserve it more than Parkey.

Parkey was consistently poor last year. At the end of the day, the fault lies with the Nagy and the front office for sticking with him. They chose not to replace him. It wasn't like it was a secret he was terrible.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
True

But expecting them to be more than they are is guaranteed failure. What we are seeing is guaranteed failure.
Seems like Nagy is in denial regarding Mitch’s abilities. Almost like he can’t believe what a shit show he has as a quarterback. Not to exonerate Nagy as his play calling has been horrible, he doesn’t have any options, and he’s obviously not going to throw his QB under the bus.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Parkey was consistently poor last year. At the end of the day, the fault lies with the Nagy and the front office for sticking with him. They chose not to replace him. It wasn't like it was a secret he was terrible.

Parkey's salary had more to do with it that anything. It's not like they were dumping a minimum wage player.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy rode a great defense and other than a 6 game streak where the bears scored, his other 20 games the offense has been quite bad.

Trubs isn't good but did Daniel do much better?

His system doesn't work in Chicago.

Has any offensive system ever worked in Chicago other than Trestman’s for half a year? BTW Trestman’s offense was working until they reinserted Jay Cutler. You get where I’m going? The reason why Nagy’s system & other systems have failed in Chicago is because they have failed to identify a good QB. No system will work in Chicago until they find a good QB.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Has any offensive system ever worked in Chicago other than Trestman’s for half a year? BTW Trestman’s offense was working until they reinserted Jay Cutler. You get where I’m going? The reason why Nagy’s system & other systems have failed in Chicago because they have failed to identify a good QB. No systems will work in Chicago until they find a good QB.

Beautifully put.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

The difference is, you can't develop, install, and effectively run a completely different scheme on the fly. You have basically 3 practices a week to impliment new plays, so it takes time.

I don't blame Nagy for being patient and trying to figure out a way to make the scheme work early in the season. It looked like he added some wrinkles last week with the I formation. Now lets see if he adds some more off of that this week.

But at this point in the season, you can't just scrap it and start over from scratch. It just isn't possible, no matter how much fans complain...

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I am still on board the Nagy train. I think the mass exodus this soon is rather entertaining TBH.
giphy.gif

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yep. Everyone all year knew that he would eventually cost them a big game down the stretch. They deserved it.

They also made a massive mistake going into this season without giving Mitch some legitimate competition at QB.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
If we liked him and what he's doing, we wouldn't be BEARS fans.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Canada has laws against unnecessary mocks. CCS is Windy's outlet for subversion.
Canada is going into the toilet, after 22 tears, I mean years, I was done. Fucking mierda tripe country, they have laws against breathing the wrong way. And brown face could hang a hooker in parliament during session and those morons would still elect him. God, I hate Canada.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I know there are many reasons to dislike some of his recent coaching decisions, particularly regarding play-calling. As a coach he inherited Trubisky. It's his job to try to squeeze whatever talent possible out of that 1+ round pick. I think it's becoming clear (if it hasn't been clear already) that for one reason or another, Trubisky has not shown the growth that was anticipated by a 3rd year player (even Mark Helfrich came out and said so in so many words). Here's why I am still Bullish on Nagy:

1. He is not a bullshitter. He's honest with the media to the extent he can be
  2. He does not throw his players under the bus. When pressed on specific player mistakes, he manages to discuss where there's opportunity for improvement without tearing the player down.
  3. He's honest about where his play-calling could have been better.
  4. He's trying to keep a positive attitude at a time when it would be very easy to lose the team. I have no doubt that behind closed doors there is more open accountability.
He actually reminds me of a young Pete Carroll. Before going to Seattle and winning a Super Bowl, Pete Carroll was run out of New York (he was the head-coach of the Jets). Not just as a coach, but as a leader, Nagy has some very admirable qualities that generally people admire.

That's not to say he's perfect obviously. I'd like to see him improve as a coach in the following areas (with some scouting notes thrown in).
  1. Let's just come clean and admit that the offense should have played more in pre-season. Clearly Trubisky, the-line, the entire offense needed the work.
  2. Please turn the play-calling over to Helfrich. You can still override at times and get your play-calling fix in.
  3. I'm sure it's clear to you (as well as Pace) that the offensive line is a liability (despite them generally getting better- again, maybe that pre-season play was needed).
  4. Clearly your red-zone schemes are not original enough to fool defenses.
  5. Finally, I am sad to say (as I was an original Trubisky believer) , it's (beyond) time to move on from Trubisky. I don't know that it's going to be feasible for this season, but next year there had better be a plan to replace him.
  6. We need another monster defensive end. Hicks is awesome. He's also reached 28, which for many players in the NFL is when the injuries start catching up.
  7. Probably not a bad idea to get more speed at receiver. I've said this since the pre-season, and still believe it's true (kinda sucks to see Marvin Hall going off in Detroit).

He hasnt shown growth becsuse the plays hes put in and the situations.

Every time we need a late drive we end up driving. Thats not playcalljng thats mitch.

You dont know wtf you are talking about.

7 runs in an NFL game is beyond unacceptable

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I know there are many reasons to dislike some of his recent coaching decisions, particularly regarding play-calling. As a coach he inherited Trubisky. It's his job to try to squeeze whatever talent possible out of that 1+ round pick. I think it's becoming clear (if it hasn't been clear already) that for one reason or another, Trubisky has not shown the growth that was anticipated by a 3rd year player (even Mark Helfrich came out and said so in so many words). Here's why I am still Bullish on Nagy:

1. He is not a bullshitter. He's honest with the media to the extent he can be
  2. He does not throw his players under the bus. When pressed on specific player mistakes, he manages to discuss where there's opportunity for improvement without tearing the player down.
  3. He's honest about where his play-calling could have been better.
  4. He's trying to keep a positive attitude at a time when it would be very easy to lose the team. I have no doubt that behind closed doors there is more open accountability.
He actually reminds me of a young Pete Carroll. Before going to Seattle and winning a Super Bowl, Pete Carroll was run out of New York (he was the head-coach of the Jets). Not just as a coach, but as a leader, Nagy has some very admirable qualities that generally people admire.

That's not to say he's perfect obviously. I'd like to see him improve as a coach in the following areas (with some scouting notes thrown in).
  1. Let's just come clean and admit that the offense should have played more in pre-season. Clearly Trubisky, the-line, the entire offense needed the work.
  2. Please turn the play-calling over to Helfrich. You can still override at times and get your play-calling fix in.
  3. I'm sure it's clear to you (as well as Pace) that the offensive line is a liability (despite them generally getting better- again, maybe that pre-season play was needed).
  4. Clearly your red-zone schemes are not original enough to fool defenses.
  5. Finally, I am sad to say (as I was an original Trubisky believer) , it's (beyond) time to move on from Trubisky. I don't know that it's going to be feasible for this season, but next year there had better be a plan to replace him.
  6. We need another monster defensive end. Hicks is awesome. He's also reached 28, which for many players in the NFL is when the injuries start catching up.
  7. Probably not a bad idea to get more speed at receiver. I've said this since the pre-season, and still believe it's true (kinda sucks to see Marvin Hall going off in Detroit).

Parroting opinions that have been proven false dont make you look smart.

Its on tape. The play designs are fucked and the calls and reprehensible.

Trubisky isnt great. But hes good. And hes tied to the most out of his mind playcaller in the nfl. He runs plays where linebackers aren't blocked up the middle on runs. That doesnt work in college let alone the NFL.

Go watch the film breakdowns for god sake.

Patterson and cohen arent goalline package players.