Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
the Trestman years had an above average offense and franchise worst 2 yrs of defense. I said to my kids that I would much rather suffer through an awful offense with a good defense.

Not so sure now.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
the Trestman years had an above average offense and franchise worst 2 yrs of defense. I said to my kids that I would much rather suffer through an awful offense with a good defense.

Not so sure now.

Jim Harbaugh and Marc Trestman were on Jon Grudn's Raiders staff in the early 2000's. If Nagy and Pace gets hired and Harbaugh gets the HC job and wanted to bring in Trestman(last seen as HC of XFL team) as OC, would you fans be okay with that? Ron Turner had 2 stints as Bears OC under 2 different coaches, so not beyond question that Trestman would return.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not so sure now.
Offense for sure. Scoring at will induces my rage quit for some reason.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Offense for sure. Scoring at will induces my rage quit for some reason.
I don't know. Watching the Bears being scored on at will cost me a few months off my life expectancy. That said being bad on your side of the ball as a HC is unacceptable. Being near league worst is a fireable offense.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
As i was getting numb to watching how bad this offense was during the game, it made me think of how i felt watching the trestman D and which was worse. I think id rather have the good offense just because ive seen it less.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know. Watching the Bears being scored on at will cost me a few months off my life expectancy. That said being bad on your side of the ball as a HC is unacceptable. Being near league worst is a fireable offense.
Oh man I meant I’d rather have a strong defense, I can laugh off this shit on offense lol

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jim Harbaugh and Marc Trestman were on Jon Grudn's Raiders staff in the early 2000's. If Nagy and Pace gets hired and Harbaugh gets the HC job and wanted to bring in Trestman(last seen as HC of XFL team) as OC, would you fans be okay with that? Ron Turner had 2 stints as Bears OC under 2 different coaches, so not beyond question that Trestman would return.
Not big on Harbaugh as he has been a disaster at UM, but if he and Fangio became available this offseason, which seems realistic. That combination was undeniably good.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Can’t we just have balance? Ideally you want a top 10 offense and a top 20 defense. You can flip those and still be a really good team. Just can’t have one side be a complete disaster.

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
I think it was much easier 20 years ago, when offense success was measured by a qb who passed for 3.5k and 25 tds. Now with the high power offense in the league it is tougher to watch.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sitting here watching Arizona vs Miami. Both were two of the worst teams in the NFL two years ago. The effing score is 34 to 31.

Two years. It took two fuckin' years figure out how to score - not 35 years.