I have a feeling we'll end up with one of these 3 Mikes as OC.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Mike Kafka,Mike Shula, or Mike Groh.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wasn't Groh with the Bears at one point? Also, who's Mike Shula?

Liked Posts:
You guys say Shurmur to Cleveland as their OC, has their ever been a former head coach of a team that has taken a coordinater roll with that team? I doubt they'd want to bring in a former HC.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Groh has been pretty bad for the Eagles. After Frank Reich became the head coach for Indy Groh was promoted to OC. In short, everything regressed. It's still a Doug Pederson offense, but a lot of the pre-game prep is handled by the OC's. There was a noticeable regression.

I'd add both Doug Pederson and Nagy are from the same coaching tree. Normally when a coordinator gets fired form someone within the tree they aren't hired by one of their fellow coaching tree members. They are all brought up looking for the same things. When someone fails with one it's like they fail with everyone.

The exception would be when Sean McDermott was canned as the Eagles DC. That was a unique situation where Sean was given the reigns way before he was ready due to the unanticipated passing of Jim Johnson. I remember Reid went out of his way to endorse him and spoke too highly. Reid just knew he couldn't manage that locker room and needed a change of scenery. Linking that to Groh, Doug has not said anything publicly to endorse him and they are deep into the search for a new OC and Wr coach.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think your guys next OC should be Duce Staley. Here's a great write up about him.

I'd also look at Eric Bieniemy, but I'm not sure how the 'sons' of Reid's coaching tree are supposed to act when it comes to poaching from the fat man.

Eitherway, get some color in there! So many great football minds are getting passed up because it's traditionally a white guys job. I'm not saying they are racist, just by falling into comfortable patterns they are acting that way. Time for that to change.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think your guys next OC should be Duce Staley. Here's a great write up about him.

I'd also look at Eric Bieniemy, but I'm not sure how the 'sons' of Reid's coaching tree are supposed to act when it comes to poaching from the fat man.

Eitherway, get some color in there! So many great football minds are getting passed up because it's traditionally a white guys job. I'm not saying they are racist, just by falling into comfortable patterns they are acting that way. Time for that to change.

Staley would probably commit to establishing a run game

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Staley might get promoted to OC for Philly, their run game is legit.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyday that goes past means it’s more and more likely that Kafka is going to be the guy.
yea...pretty sure this is what's going to happen. Kid won't have too much power with Nagy. He gets promoted but Nagy still decides to run the show the way he wants to. In the meantime, Kakfa can work his QB coach magic on Trubisky while getting to work for his childhood team(I assume he's a Bears fan since he went to Northwestern).

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Mike Shula was also part of the Bears staff before. I believe under Wanny.