I have lost all faith in Pace.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We are about broke and have not upgraded even one position or addressed any of our needs. I would be ok with the guys we picked up if the money was right. I would not call them upgrades tho. Sure we got a better pass rusher but he can't play the run or cover. The fact we have not spent big money on a old scrub QB yet is encouraging but what about the Oline? SS? CB? Nor have we taken away Nagy's right to call plays. It feels like we have not addressed any of our problems and now we are broke. A very depressing off season. I still think we could be a playoff team with a better coaching staff but that taint happening either.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s the 3rd day in the new league year. And on the 2nd day, they signed the best pass rusher available.

Chill pill.

But I think a trade for Cam is coming.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well free agency actually starts today at 4:00 and there's still a ton of really good players out there that haven't verbally agreed to anything with any teams yet.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I doubt he’ll be able to sleep now.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Pass rusher wasn't a need? TE wasn't a need? I'm sure the money will be fine. Letting Floyd go pretty much is a wash with Quinn. So Pace just massively upgraded our pass rush for almost the same money. And if Graham can get around 5-600 yards, he will be well worth th 8 million he's getting. And keep in mind Olsen just signed for 7 million and he hasn't been as durable as Graham. And it sounds like they will be re-signing Clinton-Dix, so SS is fine. Oline and CB will most likely come in the draft. Yup, we're fine.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
We are about broke and have not upgraded even one position or addressed any of our needs. I would be ok with the guys we picked up if the money was right. I would not call them upgrades tho. Sure we got a better pass rusher but he can't play the run or cover. The fact we have not spent big money on a old scrub QB yet is encouraging but what about the Oline? SS? CB? Nor have we taken away Nagy's right to call plays. It feels like we have not addressed any of our problems and now we are broke. A very depressing off season. I still think we could be a playoff team with a better coaching staff but that taint happening either.
You don't get 13 tfl and not play the run well. Leonard floyd 3 sacks 3 tfls

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cheer up. Robert Quinn was facing double teams around 29% of the time into November, and around 23% for the whole year. I wonder how low that number will be this year with Mack and Hicks on the field at the same time. On paper the pass rush just got a 100x better.
There’s nowhere to go but up for the offense... I’m already predicting 2 more wins than last year if the offensive line can just be upgraded from abysmal to functional.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I was surprised they spent as much as they have. I like the Quinn signing even though it goes against my favorite thing about pace which was investing in youth. I still think the graham signing was complete shit. It’s the move that didn’t happen that scares me. If he legitimately wanted bridgewater all of you that have faith in this jack ass to fix the qb position really should reassess your opinion of pace

one A signing and one F signing. My offseason goals were

pass rusher check
Swing olineman not yet
Running back not yet
Speed wr not yet
As not yet

today is first day of free agency and draft is still a month away it’s not fair to really judge things yet

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

Do you even watch football?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I wonder what our cap situation is now that Floyd is gone?

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Winston is fools gold. Looks pretty, great arm, but under all that, he’s Cutler redux.
Foles has been in the system, has ties to Nagy, but does he have the arm and can he stay healthy?
Dalton could fit into the system, he’s somewhat mobile and has the arm, but and expensive contract.
sounds like Dalton could be the guy if they can work a trade...jmo

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Dalton is too much like Mitch imo. No real point in wasting money.

dakbear

Liked Posts:
It’s the 3rd day in the new league year. And on the 2nd day, they signed the best pass rusher available.

Chill pill.

But I think a trade for Cam is coming.
More like a trade for Foles or Dalton. I would prefer Cam because I think he is going to ball out next year but dont think its in the cards.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
They may not be looking for better than Mitch, they keep saying they want “competition”.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
They may not be looking for better than Mitch, they keep saying they want “competition”.
I wouldn't spend more than 5 million a year for a backup "competition" for Mitch and if a trade is needed a 7th rounder is the most I'd give.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I think, and it’s jmo, the bears are waiting to see who wants to get rid of their QB more, who will cut the best deal to take one off their hands. Actually not a bad plan.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I wouldn't spend more than 5 million a year for a backup "competition" for Mitch and if a trade is needed a 7th rounder is the most I'd give.

So you want a downgrade to Chase Daniel.

Oh boy.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Hicks, Quinn, Goldman, Mack, Danny, Roquan...... with Eddie Jackson, Haha and Fuller in the back end???

Bears Defense is LOADED

If Pace can hit on 1 or 2 playmakers in the draft on the O side of the ball....

2020 season can get very interesting

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Pass rusher wasn't a need? TE wasn't a need? I'm sure the money will be fine. Letting Floyd go pretty much is a wash with Quinn. So Pace just massively upgraded our pass rush for almost the same money. And if Graham can get around 5-600 yards, he will be well worth th 8 million he's getting. And keep in mind Olsen just signed for 7 million and he hasn't been as durable as Graham. And it sounds like they will be re-signing Clinton-Dix, so SS is fine. Oline and CB will most likely come in the draft. Yup, we're fine.

Agree with all that, but is Dix actually gonna play SS for us or are they gonna stick with this fukkry by flopping EJs responsibilities in order to keep Dix?