I haven't seen this much vitriol thrown at a coach by national media in quite some time

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
If Lawrence and Wilson can play day 1 in their shitty situations then so can Fields. But this isn't about an OL or Fields not being ready, he's had as much big game experience as any QB that's come into the league in years.

This is about Nagy and Pace covering their own ass. They don't want to pull the Fields card too early because they're saving him for when shit really gets bad. Then they could can put him out there and say, "see, things will get better now that our guy is out there!"

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
If Lawrence and Wilson can play day 1 in their shitty situations then so can Fields. But this isn't about an OL or Fields not being ready, he's had as much big game experience as any QB that's come into the league in years.

This is about Nagy and Pace covering their own ass. They don't want to pull the Fields card too early because they're saving him for when shit really gets bad. Then they could can put him out there and say, "see, things will get better now that our guy is out there!"
Those QBs have to start. Look at their depth chart.

Bust

Liked Posts:
It must be nice to worry about only year 2031 but most are worried about Sunday and the game in front of them . Once you start worrying solely about years in the future you've already lost .

Most people look at the Bears and see a team not having many playmakers and Fields having the potential to be the best of the bunch the moment he steps on the field . So if you are taking it game by game how do you possibly leave the person who could change the fortunes of the team and franchise on the bench and tell everyone else within the team and organization that you are seriously trying to win the game

Right on brutha!

Dalton is Just A Guy playa manning a The Guy position, nothing more nothing less.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Are you using this line in the numerous threads that have criticized Pace's handling of the salary cap?

No because I don't have a problem spending money to see the vision brought to life but when its brought to life and its basically crap well now you have to go.

Im sorry but 200 days of feel good talk about Justin Fields does not give you a pass for over 1600 days of garbage

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No because I don't have a problem spending money to see the vision brought to life but when its brought to life and its basically crap well now you have to go.

Im sorry but 200 days of feel good talk about Justin Fields does not give you a pass for over 1600 days of garbage
I think it's awesome that you are trying to have it both ways.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

When they finally put Fields in....how big of a win streak are we going on?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This quote in particular means that Justin Fields should walk in and win a lot of games.

Some of the media opinions I get. This one...implying that it's already known that Fields can win more games with this coach, defense, and o-line. They're just stirring the pot w/o knowing the whole picture.

I'm wondering if it's more than that.

There's been an odd distancing, albeit subtle, of Ryan Pace from Matt Nagy since the draft.

I wonder if Ryan Pace has finally learned how to play the media game....

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's going to be my favorite CCS day ever when JLC writes his column saying that Fields should be starting, and that Nagy should be fired.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy's gameplan is always perfect......its just imperfect players

I can't believe people are questioning the greatest NFL coach of all time who's gameplan is always correct; just lacks the ideal players...
sarcasm detector.gif

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Those QBs have to start. Look at their depth chart.
That's true for the Jets.

The Jags had Minshew who would've been a fine bridge QB, but they decided actual game experience is more valuable than holding a clipboard. Same for the Pats. They could've started Cam, but figured why wait when Jones is ready now.

This is a new league. Offenses are more QB friendly than ever before. Between play calling, and officiating there's no better time to start a young QB than now.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'm wondering if it's more than that.

There's been an odd distancing, albeit subtle, of Ryan Pace from Matt Nagy since the draft.

I wonder if Ryan Pace has finally learned how to play the media game....
I do think Pace rights his wrongs and I suspect Matt Nagy will find that out towards the end of the season.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If Dalton threw for 300 and 2 TDs, they would have less to talk about. But he put up a 72 QBR on primetime. All offseason we heard about his decision making, such and so forth. The he laid an egg.

It's only one game, but his shit performance threw gasoline on the fire.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Who knows ? Its not simply about wins and losses its about raising the level of play off a offense that has been mediocre for years at best.
You don't even believe in your own postion.

But whatever...Fields will probably start in a few weeks. We'll see how much the win percentage improves when he does.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guys, the players are turning on him....Allen Robinson's agent Tweeted this in response to "Describe the season in 3 words"... "Sixteen More Games". yikes.

Then Goodwin in his pressor...about the short routes...Twitter exploded in response to him calling out Nagy's (shit) plays!...
Twitter reacts to Bears WR Marquise Goodwin throwing shade at Matt Nagy

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I do think Pace rights his wrongs and I suspect Matt Nagy will find that out towards the end of the season.

I'm starting to suspect that as well.

I mean, the way some GMS around the league use the media for their own benefits is something that's pretty well noted if you listen to a lot of the guys on the inside long enough, during radio interviews etc. Chris Ballard is one GM who is notorious for this.

Has Ryan Pace finally figured that element out?

There's just something really weird in the water, so to speak, that has me thinking Matt Nagy will not have a job beyond this year. But I think Ryan Pace will.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
You don't even believe in your own postion.

But whatever...Fields will probably start in a few weeks. We'll see how much the win percentage improves when he does.

Im quite sure I believe in my own position and nobody said Fields guarantees wins that something you are making up to justify your argument .

They claimed Fields would give them a better chance to win because of his playmaking ability which as we saw from last week the Bears sorely lack.

You yourself claimed that the Bears are not a qb away so then why would fans or the media advocating for Fields actually start and getting those valuable reps be shocking ?

Its you who doesn't believe in his position because my position from draft day has been any snap that Dalton gets over Fields is a wasted snap.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Im quite sure I believe in my own position and nobody said Fields guarantees wins that something you are making up to justify your argument .

They claimed Fields would give them a better chance to win because of his playmaking ability which as we saw from last week the Bears sorely lack.

You yourself claimed that the Bears are not a qb away so then why would fans or the media advocating for Fields actually start and getting those valuable reps be shocking ?

Its you who doesn't believe in his position because my position from draft day has been any snap that Dalton gets over Fields is a wasted snap.
Valuable reps?

Like if he comes in week 4 instead of week 2?

Wow, huge difference in the grand scheme of things...

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i just read an article that the offense looked pretty good. What were some of the highest and lowest scores around the league?