I haven't seen this much vitriol thrown at a coach by national media in quite some time

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Guys, the players are turning on him....Allen Robinson's agent Tweeted this in response to "Describe the season in 3 words"... "Sixteen More Games". yikes.

Then Goodwin in his pressor...about the short routes...Twitter exploded in response to him calling out Nagy's (shit) plays!...
Twitter reacts to Bears WR Marquise Goodwin throwing shade at Matt Nagy

Yeah we're going to lose Arob and it's a bloody shame that Fields will have no one to throw to except Dane Sanzenbacher. It'll be our luck that we finally find a decent QB and waste his career with our inability to build a decent Oline or Wr corps

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
If the goal is to win ball games, I don't see how Pace/Nagy can possibly look at rolling Dalton out week after week as being their best option to try and accomplish that. I do believe that Fields is going to make mistakes and we may not have a good enough team to make up for those mistakes and still win, but we know what we have in Dalton and that still has some mistakes and a limited ceiling on upside of being a difference maker for the team.

While I do buy in slightly to the narrative that Pace/Nagy are wanting to utilize the positives of Fields later in the season to save their jobs if things are trending poorly in the W/L columns, but I also can't help but think that if Dalton continues to put up low numbers that it will hurt Nagy as it is one more QB in the long list of QBs he brought in, insisted he could get performance from and generated a stagnant offensive production. That seems like one more strike against Nagy who is likely the first one to be shown the door.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy seems to think being soft on lackadaisical players makes him a player's coach, which is a pretty stunning miscalculation. If he wants to win over the players start the guy who can light it up on offense.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's spot on. There are no more excuses as to why they should be sitting him, there simply isn't.

The OL is not good enough but Dalton didn't get killed like we all thought. I didn't see flawless execution from Dalton that merits keeping him in the game. I saw some of the same things from Dalton that the "sit Fields crowd" likes to regurgitate about why Fields can't be put in yet.

Done hearing about the OL. Done hearing about David Carr. The modern NFL has shown me that a lot of these guys can come in right away and learn on the job and play well. The sooner you play Fields, the sooner you know what you have in him and most importantly, the sooner you get to evaluate Nagy and Pace's team that was "a QB away".

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm starting to suspect that as well.

I mean, the way some GMS around the league use the media for their own benefits is something that's pretty well noted if you listen to a lot of the guys on the inside long enough, during radio interviews etc. Chris Ballard is one GM who is notorious for this.

Has Ryan Pace finally figured that element out?

There's just something really weird in the water, so to speak, that has me thinking Matt Nagy will not have a job beyond this year. But I think Ryan Pace will.
You act like you have some intuition...the entire fan base and media is calling him out. It isn't too hard to figure out his job is on the line

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Nagy seems to think being soft on lackadaisical players makes him a player's coach, which is a pretty stunning miscalculation. If he wants to win over the players start the guy who can light it up on offense.
For sure. Unfortunately, some dudes need to be coached hard, or they won't play hard. Or as least held accountable by fear of being benched.

EJ played for Nick Saban ffs. He can take big boy coaching. Fuck, he would likely feed off of it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Simple really. All those "analysts" did what I did and picked up Fields in their FF drafts and need him to start by week 4.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Valuable reps?

Like if he comes in week 4 instead of week 2?

Wow, huge difference in the grand scheme of things...

When you are a rookie every single rep is important because very single rep is a learning experience and gives you something to reference for the upcoming games but also the offseason so yeah I would of liked to see him get a extended look at Donald as well as Garret and Cleveland as well.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
WTF?? Really??? This guy is babying them...that's why they are underperforming.

yeah but its too late for that you cant let these mental farts happen for 3 years shell out cash despite them and then decide to "get tough" . That ship has sailed if Eddie needs a spa day Nagy needs to be ordering one up and getting him a basket from Harry and David whatever he usually does to motive them in his own Stuart Smalley fashion he needs to do but all getting fake tough is gonna do is cause a whole lot of pouting

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
i just read an article that the offense looked pretty good. What were some of the highest and lowest scores around the league?
You have to envision the imaginary TDs that Nagy's offense produced. When you see it that way, its pretty much tops in the league.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears offense doesn't perform against the Bengals we might as well let the meteor hit Halas Hall.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I can't buy into this narrative that Justin Fields is the answer to all our problems

Nagy does suck though and I know one thing for sure: Nagy is not the answer to any of our problems
Go read a little about some of the things written about the first two QBs taken, how they are learning on the job, getting valuable experience, but immediately make the team better because of what they can do that most other QBs cannot do.

This is what Fields brings.

jive

Liked Posts:
Part of it is because of the time we live in.
I could only imagine the amount of dick ripping if the internet were around during the Wannstedt era

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Those QBs have to start. Look at their depth chart.
When the Jets refused to bring in a vet who might bring some challenge to the rookie, when Jacksonville got rid of their QB so that there wouldn't be any potential challenge to the rookie and when the Pats cut the vet so that there wouldn't be any potential challenge (besides him being washed up), of course they had to start.

The coaches knew that they were not beta rookie QBs and so decided to start the growing process without a safety net.

Well, Beta Nagy decides to keep the alpha on the bench even though he gives the Bears a better chance of something in 2021 while also gaining valuable experience for the safety net Dalton.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You don't even believe in your own postion.

But whatever...Fields will probably start in a few weeks. We'll see how much the win percentage improves when he does.
You still don't get it.

Imagine that the Bears win one more game with Fields than they would have won with Dalton.

In your book, nothing was gained, well, almost nothing.

In my book, Fields got one whole year of starting experience running an NFL offense.

As a real-life example, last year Justin Herbert lead the Chargers to a 7 - 9 season, or a losing season.

Do you honestly think that he might as well have just sat on the bench for the whole year because of the record?

So the best rookie QB season ever meant nothing?