I haven't seen this much vitriol thrown at a coach by national media in quite some time

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
If Lawrence and Wilson can play day 1 in their shitty situations then so can Fields. But this isn't about an OL or Fields not being ready, he's had as much big game experience as any QB that's come into the league in years.

This is about Nagy and Pace covering their own ass. They don't want to pull the Fields card too early because they're saving him for when shit really gets bad. Then they could can put him out there and say, "see, things will get better now that our guy is out there!"
I think playing Fields would just remind everybody of the 20 million dollars in QBs that would be sitting on the bench.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You don't even believe in your own postion.

But whatever...Fields will probably start in a few weeks. We'll see how much the win percentage improves when he does.
It's insane how much you hate what is easily the most talented qb prospect the bears have ever had.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL, that's his optimism.

Honestly, the only real knock on Fields is that he's a Ohio State QB, and that isn't even a logical criticism. Dude has everything you could want from a QB. His talent level is on an elite scale. Will he get there? Time will tell, but the Bears seriously lucked out and may very well have walked away with the best player in the draft.