I just heard on the score 670 am radio that Getty literally flipped the tackles Borom and Jenkens L vs R tackle at camp today?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
you really caught him that time, didn't you, MP BearsBud?
I have that poster you're posting toward on my block list along with that Leo guy because he is literally a boring *** bully who makes posts with nothing but toxic energy and I have zero time for haters and their hating ways trying to interfere with my positive vibes.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have that poster you're posting toward on my block list along with that Leo guy because he is literally a boring *** bully who makes posts with nothing but toxic energy and I have zero time for haters and their hating ways trying to interfere with my positive vibes.
He is a regular John Birch and you can tell his Mama I said it

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or Poles simply drafts a RG next Thursday. Sign Fisher for LT and let Borom learn behind him while being used as a swing tackle this year.
That's a good plan as well. I was just pointing at that moving folks around the beginning of camp isn't time to think all is lost.

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
What we did last year obviously wasn't working so I see no harm in seeing how they do in different positions on the line in a mini camp. It could be he's trying to decide what positions are needed in the draft and compare them with who we already have.

Last edited:

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Borom literally protecting the blind side and Jenkins on the Right because Eberflus said they will even up maybe through the first game be trying all sorts of players at all sorts of different positions all over the field on defence and offence because they want to see what the players can do?

This sounds literally crazy pants to me because they should know what the players can do based upon tape and prior play at positions in the players passed history I mean you can tweak some things but what it sounded like was they literally are having players try out for positions instead of plugging them in and playing them I mean it isn't like my nephew Brooklin's little boys soccer where ever kid gets to play goalie at least one game this is literally the NFL with professional grown men we don't need to see Whitechair at ****ing fullback do we?
I had coaches which let us train Difference positions to learn and understand, what the guys next to you have to do.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Wasn't the book on Tevin Jenkins at Oklahoma State that he was an excellent run-blocker in particular because of his aggression and attack mentality? I seem to recall pass protection not being his best strength.

Seems to me RT is probably the best fit for him as your run-block attacking offensive tackle.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Happy 420 Vic go easy on the edibles today!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Borom 8 starts in 10 games last year, I cant remember the mix, but I think he played at both LT and RT?

Jenkins 2 starts in 6 games, played LT if I remember correctly

Counting on either one to start and finish the season is a risky move that bit them in the butt last year

The problem is Borom is a project that was forced into playing, and Jenkins was an injury concern right out of the gate.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"I heard on the score that Borom and Jenkins switched positions in camp?"

Do you see how that would be a much better and shorter title? Try and not have your titles so long and mundane to get more clicks next time.
Jenkins will be at RT.

Borom will compete at swing tackle and guard. I personally think he’s a LG in this NFL.

I hope the Bears figure out a lot of things though.

LT(roookie/June 1st)-Borom-Whitehair-
Wasn't the book on Tevin Jenkins at Oklahoma State that he was an excellent run-blocker in particular because of his aggression and attack mentality? I seem to recall pass protection not being his best strength.

Seems to me RT is probably the best fit for him as your run-block attacking offensive tackle.
seems to me obvious as well.

Count a “good” RT among your flock, or put him at LT and have nothing. Is the way I see it.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Good Jenkins should focus on being our RT for the next 10 years, he isn’t a LT. The Bears have always loved to do that, draft players and switch them. I mean if he wasn’t a LT in college he isn’t going to be one in the NFL the vast majority of the time.

Sign Eric Fisher for this year, I’m surprised they haven’t done this yet.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Auntie Em has to know!

View attachment 19199

Well, at least one other person than yourself should know what the **** you're posting about, preferably much more, as this is a forum and you're not just talking to yourself, right?

Are you just posting for yourself?

Thanks

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Hoge and Jahns were talking about this. Thought it was possible that if Borom didn't get a concussion, he may have played left all season. Everyone seemed impressed by him.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Borom literally protecting the blind side and Jenkins on the Right because Eberflus said they will even up maybe through the first game be trying all sorts of players at all sorts of different positions all over the field on defence and offence because they want to see what the players can do?

This sounds literally crazy pants to me because they should know what the players can do based upon tape and prior play at positions in the players passed history I mean you can tweak some things but what it sounded like was they literally are having players try out for positions instead of plugging them in and playing them I mean it isn't like my nephew Brooklin's little boys soccer where ever kid gets to play goalie at least one game this is literally the NFL with professional grown men we don't need to see Whitechair at ****ing fullback do we?
Lots of players get moved when they make the jump from college to the pros. Here is a scenario to consider, every player has strengths, weaknesses and idiosyncrasies, so do the players next to them. Borom never played alongside the players he is with now with, while in college. So it is not necessarily just the techniques of a position but how you dovetail with the guy next to you. As an example some players move to their right far better than to their left, so the players on either side would have to be complementary to that trait. That is just a broad example, but there are so many variables to each position it is probably quite a puzzle to figure who plays together better. But seriously, slow down, take a step back, swinging wildly trying to make sense of this will just cause unnecessary stress. I am more than happy to let the coaches install their systems and then for the GM to try and get the right players to run those systems. After next week if Poles pulls some real headscratcher, Ryan Pace type draft shit, then I think some questions would need to be asked.