I just saw a mock draft that

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
had us selecting 2 OL in the 2nd, and Anthony Gordon, QB Washington St in the 4th, would anybody be on board with this? Thoughts.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are going to get a vet QB in free agency I seriously doubt they carry 3 QBs

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The draft depends on what Pace does in free agency. This draft is very deep at WR, DL, & OT. I imagine Pace will target one of those positions in the 2nd round.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will likely try to add tight end in free agency

they can't afford not to. If they don't add one you can put it in the bank they are drafting one in the second.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Jalen Reagor and Mekhi Becton in the 2nd would be awesome. Anthony Gordon in the 4th? Sure, why not. If it falls this way TE, OLB, and G would have to be addressed in FA. With limited resources. Offseason will be interesting.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
had us selecting 2 OL in the 2nd, and Anthony Gordon, QB Washington St in the 4th, would anybody be on board with this? Thoughts.
Depends what QBs are on the board when the Bears pick at 43. More than likely there won't be anything to appealing so I'd be fine with two OL. It's not sexy, but drafting in the trenches is never a bad thing. I like the Anthony Gordon pick in the 4th, too. No saying he would be 'the guy' but it's something. If something like this happens or similar to this, Pace is giving Trubisky his chance to shut the haters up and if not, he's out.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
They are going to get a vet QB in free agency I seriously doubt they carry 3 QBs

If they are smart they will. Trubisky is only under contract for this 2020. Odds are, they aren't going to sign a FA QB for more than 2 years, with 1 of them guaranteed. Even if they trade for a guy like Newton or Foles, they are only under contract or guaranteed mostly for 1 more year. A developmental QB when you could potentially lose your top 2 QBs after the season is ideal. Plus, they've carried several players on the back of the roster who've had no purpose the last 2 years. Might as well have one of them be a QB with some long-term potential instead of the next Bradley Sowell.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I’ll wait until the next mock draft drops in two days.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Jalen Reagor and Mekhi Becton in the 2nd would be awesome. Anthony Gordon in the 4th? Sure, why not. If it falls this way TE, OLB, and G would have to be addressed in FA. With limited resources. Offseason will be interesting.

Becton goes top 10 - Guaranteed

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Hes an intriguing QB. I think he could be a guy that can sit on someones bench and learn for a few years and then be a guy give the reigns to and becomes a Garoppolo type. I dont think he fits what the bears are trying t o do which is win now.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
they can't afford not to. If they don't add one you can put it in the bank they are drafting one in the second.
This mock has them selecting TE Stephen Sullivan- LSU in the 7th round

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Brycen Hopkins.. if he fits in Nagy's whateverthefucknagyistryingtodo offense.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I lothe that our biggest talking points for the next 3 months are learning and debating OT prospects, but it's exactly what this team needs. And G. And TE.

It'll be interesting. Hopefully worth it. Not holding my breath but appreciate the insights from y'all.