I just saw a mock draft that

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Top ten would be a complete shock. He is probably the 5th or 6th rates tackle right now. I think it’s more likely he goes late 1 or very early on day two. Before our pick unfortunately.

Aaron Donald was a projected 2nd round pick at his point in the season too.

When you have a 6’7, 360 man who moves as well as he does and performed at the level he did on tape, there will be a team licking their chops.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There's a group of 4 OTs that are on top: Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Jed Wills, and Becton. I think all those guys go in the first. Still not sure what order, although I think Becton has the highest ceiling.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Aaron Donald was a projected 2nd round pick at his point in the season too.

When you have a 6’7, 360 man who moves as well as he does and performed at the level he did on tape, there will be a team licking their chops.
That’s a good point. We are still very early in the process. I just see more competition at that position in the draft this year. Unless you think he is tackle 1 he probably isn’t going top ten.

mbison

Liked Posts:
They are going to get a vet QB in free agency I seriously doubt they carry 3 QBs

The Bears under Pace and Nagy have always carried 3 QBs

The Bears will definitely draft a QB and take a veteran on a 1 year prove it deal.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

The Bears will definitely draft a QB and take a veteran on a 1 year prove it deal.

One QB has always been on the practice squad though, and that won't fly with someone like Anthony Gordon. He'll get poached.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The draft depends on what Pace does in free agency. This draft is very deep at WR, DL, & OT. I imagine Pace will target one of those positions in the 2nd round.

Yeah, but they will probably get a tackle and mind fuck him into playing guard until he can never go back to tackle. Leno or Massie need to go, if not both. Hell, I would take Cody at tackle over either of them

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
With the TE position taking a couple years to pan out I would think they would try to add one in FA and draft OL high. If they're riding Trubisky into the sunset they won't be drafting a QB high, or at all I'd assume unless it is a late rounder.

I'd expect vet QB and TE as targets in FA, and OL/CB/Edge rusher with the higher picks. Who knows what Pace decides to do though. The Shaheen pick was eerily similar to the McClellan one.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
they can't afford not to. If they don't add one you can put it in the bank they are drafting one in the second.

Depends on if they truly think Burton will be back healthy next year and if he truly believes what he said at the end of season presser that Shaheen hasn't played well because he hasn't had the time to develop because of injuries in the NFL. I mean i know we all hate Shaheen cause he was a wasted 2nd round pick but the truth is that many players (especially TE's) need that game time to be able to adjust to the NFL especially a guy coming from a small school and he hasn't had any consistent game time to be able to make that adjustment. It's more likely that he's not gonna carve out a career in the NFL but ya never know. So if Pace and Nagy do actually believe in Burton and Shaheen then i could see them going TE in the draft instead of free agency and playing him behind Burton or Shaheen to let him slowly adjust and hope he'll be ready to start in year two when we can cut Burton.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Not on the 53.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling if Gordon is really that good at throwing the ball he is going to impress at the Combine and someone is going to fall in love with him.

He has some great stats, but he also threw the ball a LOT... 689 passes, that is almost 700 passes, he had 162 more than Joe Burrow (2nd most).

Trubisky is starting next year, so if they can draft him in the 4th, and let him develop for AT LEAST a year, why not....

Arm talent (Gordon has it) is not everything, but it sure is nice to be able to start with talent and coach it up, than go with a kid that has marginal talent and think that you are going to make him the complete package.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't care what fansided says.....there is too much talent near the top end to go dumpster diving in hopes of a diamond in the rough for a huge position of need.

If the Bears get a premium TE in free agency then maybe a later round draft choice works.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me know about 2027 mock draft. Bears might be relevant by then.

coolio

Liked Posts:
If we took 2 OL in the 2nd round that would be dumb as fuck