I know no one wants to hear this right now, This one hurts, but

Liked Posts:
There is VERY good reason to be VERY optimistic moving forward. Mitch Trubisky looked fantastic tonight. Outside of a couple of almost picks, the decision making was there, the play-making was there, the stats were there, & he consistently made some BEAUTIFUL throws into some very tight windows.

If you are still riding this kids ass after tonight, you need to lose your Watson under-roos & open up your eyes. Again, I this one hurts & I thought Parkey should have been cut after the miss in the Rams win, but Mitchell Trubisky is a franchise QB in the making. Hang in there & Chin up folks, we've been through worse! I fully believe better days are ahead.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, without Parkey we would have won 2 more games this season and wouldn't have even been playing this game today.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Dude I’m one of the biggest Mitch supporters on this board but now now. It’s too soon and this loss hurts too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROKBearGuy

Liked Posts:
Trubisky was fine. It was idiocy by Nagy and cheapness by management not to cut Parkey in the first place.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Trubisky was fine. It was idiocy by Nagy and cheapness by management not to cut Parkey in the first place.

I want Parkey gone as much as the next person, but cheapness? Dumb.

NMBearFan

Liked Posts:
The Arrow is pointing up and Mitch is good enough I thin with the D we have.

But sometimes you only get 1 shot to ride the lightning, that was this season. I"m sure jaguars thought they would be back this year too.

Hopefully we get more playoff chances but this was a missed opportunity and a let down, no doubt about it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch did not look fantastic. We scored 6 points in the first half and 15 overall. Even if you give him the 3 points Parkey missed that is only 18 points. We basically had the lowest scoring offense in the playoffs next to the Texans.

Trubs played like he has most of the year. Long periods of ineffectiveness with brilliant flashes mixed in. If the Bears intend to ever challenge for a SB, we need to stop being content with mediocre offense and 15-18 points is mediocre offense. End of story.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I think we need to find a #1 receiver for Mitchell. Allen Robinson is the closest thing but it's not enough. Eagles have weapons all over the place.

ROKBearGuy

Liked Posts:
I want Parkey gone as much as the next person, but cheapness? Dumb.

I don't think so. Parkey would have cost considerable dead money and I believe it played a factor. It did with Gould, though I'll concede he had a down last year. I guarantee an organization like the Pats would have cut Parkey.

Liked Posts:
Mitch did not look fantastic. We scored 6 points in the first half and 15 overall. Even if you give him the 3 points Parkey missed that is only 18 points. We basically had the lowest scoring offense in the playoffs next to the Texans.

Trubs played like he has most of the year. Long periods of ineffectiveness with brilliant flashes mixed in. If the Bears intend to ever challenge for a SB, we need to stop being content with mediocre offense and 15-18 points is mediocre offense. End of story.

303 yards, a TD, damn near 61% COMP some beautiful throws in his first post season game? With an OC that apparently doesn't like to change things up with the run? Were gonna have agree to disagree. He ran the offense fine at the end. Any way you try to slice it he put his team in a position to win.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

I think we can all agree that 300 yards a TD no picks with a 100+ rating is more than we could all expect from him. Especially for the first game in his playoff career. He was not the issue.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Mitch did not look good tonight. He hadn't looked good for awhile now. Stop kidding yourself.

Don't turn this into Cutler level delusion.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's just hard to handle, we barely had any injuries all season and I doubt that luck creeps into next season. Just sucks our achilles heel ended up fucking us. The Callahan injury (McManis gives us the GW TD to Tate), Parkey doinking kicks was just unfuckingreal.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
303 yards, a TD, damn near 61% COMP some beautiful throws in his first post season game? With an OC that apparently doesn't like to change things up with the run? Were gonna have agree to disagree. He ran the offense fine at the end. Any way you try to slice it he put his team in a position to win.

I think we can all agree that 300 yards a TD no picks with a 100+ rating is more than we could all expect from him. Especially for the first game in his playoff career. He was not the issue.

I expect points. I don't give a shit about yards. Again, this is the NFL playoffs. There is no grading on a curve. We were one of the lowest scoring offenses this weekend of games. We need fucking points not yards. Also his rating was 89.9 not 100+ so not sure what you talking about.

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
Nah sorry he's not a franchise qb. Sad thing is we have to deal with it for atleast 3 more years.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Dude I’m one of the biggest Mitch supporters on this board but now now. It’s too soon and this loss hurts too much.

Actually, I'm already over it. The season was damn fun until the final play. And as movie lover, I knew as soon as it was up to Parkey, he would choke. It's become a cliché now.
But his shit play doesn't make me forget the fun. And the team is young and likely only gonna get better. offensive playbook will open up more next year. The only worry is if Vic leaves, will the D lose something like when Lovie left.

We really should be proud of the Bears. They shocked everyone on how good they could be, just didn't end on a great note.

If Parkey is let go in the next few days, I'll be fine.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I expect points. I don't give a shit about yards. Again, this is the NFL playoffs. There is no grading on a curve. We were one of the lowest scoring offenses this weekend of games. We need fucking points not yards. Also his rating was 89.9 not 100+ so not sure what you talking about.

The D keeps games low scoring, so the offense doesn't have to put up points. He makes that kick, they win. Eagles are gonna go in on borrowed time to the Saints, who beat the shit out of them a few weeks ago.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

My bad. You’re right he had a rating of 89. But my point was the lack of offensive success was not on him. He played very well and better than we all could have reasonably expected. We had no run game and very little separation from our WRs with the exception of AR. I agree overall the offense sucked though.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Mitch was not the problem today. The game plan was very conservative and thats fine. He is a young inexperienced QB in a new system so it made sense to run it a bit more conservative. The problem was the eagles where all over the short game. But when Mitch needed to make plays late in the 4th qtr he drove us down and re took the lead! and then drove down and put us in position to win the game. Once the playbook was opened up Mitch responded when it mattered the most and I have not seen that from him yet so that is very good to see.