I know the Bears suck, but they are in the playoff hunt still.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I hate this thread so much. Anyone who wants this team to make the playoffs has some inability to realize what is going in. This team is bad, and the coaching staff is a disease. The 7th playoff spot is the worst thing to ever happen to this organization. It could save nagys job 2 years in a row when they are clearly an awful team and will get curb stomped by whoever they play. Maybe TB will get another shot.

On top of that this thread draws people like @pablovi who thinks the bears will lose every game they ever play because he has zero @Perspective

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The passing offense is worse than it has been since Krenzel in '04, Cade McNown had better stats than Fields. This is Nagy's 4th year, he is getting team control cut more and more as each week passes, he is getting fired.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I want us to back into the playoffs this season as much as I wanted us to last season. I honestly think making the playoffs last year saved Nagy's job. Bumslaying our way into the playoffs and then never having a chance vs. a not very good New Orleans team.

Fuck, this organization is pathetic.
Covid saved naggys job. But I still go back to the mystery of naggy and pace contracts. We can’t even get that leaked.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The NFC is so bad after the top 5 teams of Arizona, Rams, Bucs, Packers, and Cowboys. They are all locks to make the playoffs unless a major injury to their QB.

That leaves two spots left. Here are the possibilities:

New Orleans 4-2
Minnesota 3-3
Atlanta 3-3
Bears 3-4
Carolina 3-4

None of those teams are world beaters and all have holes in their games. Bears would have to play well against Minnesota and Detroit, but definitely can get to 8 or 9 wins. I just hope they figure out an offense geared for the players they currently have on the roster.
I’m sure this is what George, Ryan and Matt tell themselves over and over.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lol there's no way in hell this team is making the playoffs with their schedule.
really the schedule here on out is not that bad

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
I hate this thread so much. Anyone who wants this team to make the playoffs has some inability to realize what is going in. This team is bad, and the coaching staff is a disease. The 7th playoff spot is the worst thing to ever happen to this organization. It could save nagys job 2 years in a row when they are clearly an awful team and will get curb stomped by whoever they play. Maybe TB will get another shot.

On top of that this thread draws people like @pablovi who thinks the bears will lose every game they ever play because he has zero @Perspective
I didn't say I wanted them to make the playoffs, but the reality is there. I want them to replace Nagy as much as the next guy, but the Vikings could lose their next four games easily(Dal, Balt, Chargers, Packers) and it opens the door for the Bears. The Bears are a Jeckyl & Hyde team. They've lost to good teams(Rams ,Packers & Bucs), beat good teams(Bengals & Raiders) and beat a bad team Detroit. If they continue to beat the bad and mediocre teams they will make the playoffs in the NFC. 9-8 will definitely get you in the playoffs and 8-9 is still a possibility. After the top five teams in the NFC, the bottom drops off on the quality of the remaining teams fighting for two spots.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I mean, the slight upside would be that we wouldn't be watching someone take a top 10 first round pick from the Fields trade this year.

One Team

Liked Posts:
The NFC is so bad after the top 5 teams of Arizona, Rams, Bucs, Packers, and Cowboys. They are all locks to make the playoffs unless a major injury to their QB.

That leaves two spots left. Here are the possibilities:

New Orleans 4-2
Minnesota 3-3
Atlanta 3-3
Bears 3-4
Carolina 3-4

None of those teams are world beaters and all have holes in their games. Bears would have to play well against Minnesota and Detroit, but definitely can get to 8 or 9 wins. I just hope they figure out an offense geared for the players they currently have on the roster.
The Bears are absolutely in the playoff race as you note.

If there is one thing this League continues to demonstrate, it is that results can be unpredictable and fortunes can swing on a week to week basis.

This is certainly what builds intrigue for us observers.

Looking forward to some of the young lineman coming back, and what Herbert and Monty can do if this line can establish a presence at the line of scrimmage.

Go Bears!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Bears need to win the next two games before I get serious about them having a chance at the playoff.

I see it like this, if they can beat 9ers and the Steelers, then we are back in the hunt.
Win one of those two games, and we are likely on the outside looking in

Lose both, and we have little or no hope

I would say this will be a good conversation to revisit at the bye.