I Like Ross, but the Cubs need Girardi

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This was posted today. In division happens if it makes sense for both teams.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
yeah my line-up is stupid just to save Contreras knees a few years on the back end. I believe he is too good of a hitter to be a catcher, and maybe his arm could be used at third base.

But no need to move people around, just get a center fielder like Fowler.

1. CF free agent
2. Bryant 3B
3. Rizzo
4. Baez SS
5. Contreras C
6. Schwarber LF
7. Habb 2b
8. Darvish
9. Heyward RF

This team is good enough to make the playoffs again. Those hitters are going to have a good year together if you keep this ship going. Ross might be the best guy just to extend what they have for a year or two and get good vibes back without. rebuilding.

The closer mistakes and Fowler are the TWO precise reasons this team has failed the last 2 years. You put Fowler and a healthy closer out there...and they are still feared.

Its hard to say that, Fowler has been terrible. Cant say it was just the change of scenery. I never really liked him. Colorados center field was just too big for him and showed how bad he is out there. For the most part, the cardinals moved him to right to cut down the space he needs to cover. Wrigley is so small he was able to run to left field and maim Schwarber.

If you want to talk about getting Charlie Blackmon, I will listen. Almora might just blossom under a different manager that believes in him and Theo's first number one pick could answer his value.
just felt bad for Almora working so hard to hit righties to the point he could not hit lefties, but then Joe uses him against lefties since his numbers still show good for what he did the past two seasons.

I am still fine with Javy or Nico leading off, I just have a feeling Theo will get someone and that spot wont be available to them.

So yeah, trade Heyward to Colorado for Blackmon and we might be onto something.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
So explain why Colorado would want Heyward please.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
It's a really small sample size, but Heyward's slash line the past 6 years is .326/.380/.457 at Coors. And there's no reason for the Cubs to go for it. Blackmon's numbers are pretty poor outside of Coors.

Last edited:

garapp

Liked Posts:
Yeah but they would hate him. Girardi needs a young team that will respect him. The Cubs would be bad for all parties, imo, with the exception that Girardi and Schwarber will become best friends for life and possibly fix the Cubs by moving Schwarber back to catcher and Contreras to third base. Bryant to LF.

1. Rizzo 1B
2. Costenellos RF
3. Bryant LF
4. Baez SS
5. Schwarber C
6. Contreras 3B
7. Happ 2B
8. Darvish
9. Heyward CF

Man...Epstein is really a fucktard for not fixing this team. How do you let a bullpen blow 30 games in their position? Holding onto cards? For what? The future is now...or was...
Alex Rodriguez was hardly a young player when Girardi benched him. Joe quickly earned Rodriguez's respect

I'm sick and tired of fans who are worried that certain overpaid Cub players who play a game for a living would have their feelings hurt if the guy in c'harge was a disciplinarian instead of a guy who was a buddy who had themes on road trips, had weird lineups and misused the bullpen

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a really small sample size, but Heyward's slash line the past 6 years is .326/.380/.457 at Coors. And there's no reason for the Cubs to go for it. Blackmon's numbers are pretty poor outside of Coors.

Yeah...Blackmon's numbers also went down .50 points like Harpers with the shift. (.375-.325 vs .285-.235) Combine that with his age decline and the value he had to the Cubs was the last 3 years. Had they somehow had him after Fowler left they would have had a terrorizing line-up, his .300 at the top is consistent and clutch like Rizzo. He comes through in big moments.

With the shift hurting pull lefties the most the Blackmon value went away outside of coors.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yeah...Blackmon's numbers also went down .50 points like Harpers with the shift. (.375-.325 vs .285-.235) Combine that with his age decline and the value he had to the Cubs was the last 3 years. Had they somehow had him after Fowler left they would have had a terrorizing line-up, his .300 at the top is consistent and clutch like Rizzo. He comes through in big moments.

With the shift hurting pull lefties the most the Blackmon value went away outside of coors.

Yeah, they said the same about LeMaihiu too.

I dont know, 5, 10 clutch moments were all we needed last year to win some one run games.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yeah, they said the same about LeMaihiu too.

I dont know, 5, 10 clutch moments were all we needed last year to win some one run games.

LeMaihiu is a great hitter. He doesn't need a hand out.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
you really are delusional. Last year he slashed .317/.360 at coors, .229/.277 away and it was said he cant hit away from coors, still had a 6 WAR and still had no contract offers until the hankees in the middle of January.
Now we need to get him "back".

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
you really are delusional. Last year he slashed .317/.360 at coors, .229/.277 away and it was said he cant hit away from coors, still had a 6 WAR and still had no contract offers until the hankees in the middle of January.

Holy regression risk, Batman!

CSF77

Liked Posts:

pmkdukhcdey21.jpg

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I think we can safely say Girardi is not going to be the Cubs manager. It's probably Ross or Espada.

garapp

Liked Posts:
I think we can safely say Girardi is not going to be the Cubs manager. It's probably Ross or Espada.
So the 8 hour meeting and Epstein saying experience means a lot was a smokescreen???

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
What is this supposed to mean? Can you explain why LeMahieu only got a 2 year 24 million dollar offer and no 20 million a year long term offers as to your response

or are you just doing a change the subject deal again?

Just to remind you, it was someone stating that Blackmon will lose 50 points outside of Coors.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Its hard to say that, Fowler has been terrible. Cant say it was just the change of scenery. I never really liked him. Colorados center field was just too big for him and showed how bad he is out there. For the most part, the cardinals moved him to right to cut down the space he needs to cover. Wrigley is so small he was able to run to left field and maim Schwarber.

If you want to talk about getting Charlie Blackmon, I will listen. Almora might just blossom under a different manager that believes in him and Theo's first number one pick could answer his value.
just felt bad for Almora working so hard to hit righties to the point he could not hit lefties, but then Joe uses him against lefties since his numbers still show good for what he did the past two seasons.

I am still fine with Javy or Nico leading off, I just have a feeling Theo will get someone and that spot wont be available to them.

So yeah, trade Heyward to Colorado for Blackmon and we might be onto something.

CF was so small in wrigley it allowed Fowler to run to left field and maim schwarbers knee in Arizona? That’s crazy.

Isn’t Blackmon a poor defensive CF too? I could be wrong, but for some reason I was under the assumption he had poor range, which you just got done griping about with Fowler.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
CF was so small in wrigley it allowed Fowler to run to left field and maim schwarbers knee in Arizona? That’s crazy.

Isn’t Blackmon a poor defensive CF too? I could be wrong, but for some reason I was under the assumption he had poor range, which you just got done griping about with Fowler.
What? Just proves that anybody can play center field in Wrigley for 81 games a year. Fowler was so bad in Colorado they got rid of him, they did not seem too interested in moving Blackmon did they?

But then again, we were discussing LeMahieu being a shit hitter outside of coors field, which he proved was a misconception, so the hitting aspect of Blackmon is what the discussion was about.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What is this supposed to mean? Can you explain why LeMahieu only got a 2 year 24 million dollar offer and no 20 million a year long term offers as to your response

or are you just doing a change the subject deal again?

Just to remind you, it was someone stating that Blackmon will lose 50 points outside of Coors.

Which 50 points? Slg maybe. BA doubtful.