I Like Ryan Pace!!!

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Not even counting this year's draft... looking back at the prior three drafts... I just do not understand the hatred Pace gets. His critics will cite what he has done in free agency.... they focus on players who was brought in with short term contracts with no true commitment to them or the in-ability to attract every premium player as if the players and their agents didn't have a say. Ex... Glennon was NEVER meant to be a solution... just a place holder until Trubs was ready, who played worst than expected. Was he an expensive place holder...? Yes. But ultimately how did he effect the teams financial situation moving forward...? Absolutely none at all.

However, Pace did sign a few of the short term contract players who turned into hidden gold for the team (like Hicks and Amukamara) to more substantial contracts after they proved their worth. Most of the other trash is gone... and won't be back as per the plan. This is the first year in many that the Bears have looked like a team others may actually want to play for... and that fact netted us some quality FAs including starters at WR to give Trubs decent targets.

More-so than anything else, teams are built through the draft. Pace has consistently addressed team needs while keeping BPA at mind. We fans may not have agreed at the moment with all his picks.... but the majority have panned or at the least was an earnest attempt to take the team in the right direction The only first round pick who hasn't panned out to any degree so far... was K. White.. and that's due mostly to injury not necessarily ability.

The most significant picks , not counting this year, have been by round....
1st: Lloyd and Trubs
2nd: Goldman, Whitehair
3rd: I do think Pace is allergic to making 3rd round selections
4th: Jackson and Cohen
5th: Howard and Amos

Getting two to three 'quality' starters per year as well as significant special team and back up players is pretty damn good. On paper this year's draft may be the best yet.... time will tell... but for now he gets an 'A' for effort.

I like the direction Pace is taking the team... some may argue... but IMO he's been making the moves of a competent GM...... a major change from the GMs the team has had to deal with for the two decades.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Rookie Pace sucked, vet Pace is alright in my book. He learned and got better.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Some just won't get some of the signings Pace made to get through the rebuild even though they were only signings to do just that....get through the rebuild to see if any were worth another contract or keeping for more then the one year of the guaranteed money on their contracts. The Glennon contract is what most use as their big reason to say Pace sucks at his job. Many of the Pace haters have come around and changed their stance on him after this free agency.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
I watched the Anthony Miller game against UConn and I’m blown away by his talent level. His dominance was jumping off of the screen. I really hope he pans out for us. Having a mobile and accurate passer hitting this guy in stride could really be something special. If he ends up being a star, the trade up was masterful.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Ryan Pace is a fucking idiot. He was tied up in the basement of Halas Hall for this draft and Nagy made the picks

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. I like Pace's moves this year; he definitely seems to be getting better.
2. Every GM misses some here and there, and Pace is no exception. It's nice to see him stack up some drafting "wins."
3. He essentially got us our 3rd round pick back with the move to get Anthony Miller. Now some would argue that he unnecessarily gave away our 3rd round pick to begin with, and I've seen both sides of the argument. Regardless, I think barring injury Trubisky is the QB for the next decade, so however we got there, I'm cool with. When the Bears get to the SB before San Francisco, the argument will be settled.
4. Concerned he couldn't get a deal done with Eddie Goldman.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I like Ryan pace from the trubisky pick going forward up to this point. Before that he sucked donkey dick

Washington

Liked Posts:
After 4 drafts and 4 FA periods with the roster being all his for 2 years now, his 2nd coach, and his QB of choice, it is time to win. To me, from this point forward, this team needs to be rated on wins and losses. This rebuild talk needs to be over now.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
After 4 drafts and 4 FA periods with the roster being all his for 2 years now, his 2nd coach, and his QB of choice, it is time to win. To me, from this point forward, this team needs to be rated on wins and losses. This rebuild talk needs to be over now.

I would definitely agree with this. I expect to see improvement in the wins column this year forward. I think we're still a couple years away from being serious contenders... but so far I think he has the team headed in the right direction. As of right now.... I see the team getting at least more than 8 wins this year. Health will be a factor... but as Pace continues to add quality depth... the team will be able to absorb a few injuries here or there.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Some just won't get some of the signings Pace made to get through the rebuild even though they were only signings to do just that....get through the rebuild to see if any were worth another contract or keeping for more then the one year of the guaranteed money on their contracts. The Glennon contract is what most use as their big reason to say Pace sucks at his job. Many of the Pace haters have come around and changed their stance on him after this free agency.

I see the direction that Pace is taking the team, but doesn't mean I need to be a blowhard and like every move he makes. Also, still don't believe a 5 year rebuild should be a thing in the NFL.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would definitely agree with this. I expect to see improvement in the wins column this year forward. I think we're still a couple years away from being serious contenders... but so far I think he has the team headed in the right direction. As of right now.... I see the team getting at least more than 8 wins this year. Health will be a factor... but as Pace continues to add quality depth... the team will be able to absorb a few injuries here or there.

I think the Bears will absolutely be a contender this year. It will come down to the O-Line.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
.... It will come down to the O-Line.

This is one of the aspects people don't give him credit for. He has been trying... taking value where it can be gotten and we do have several young linemen who at the least may provide good depth.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I see the direction that Pace is taking the team, but doesn't mean I need to be a blowhard and like every move he makes. Also, still don't believe a 5 year rebuild should be a thing in the NFL.

I'm with this line of thinking. Pace at the beginning was moving blindly in all directions. Seems he may have finally found his way. I have really liked his last three drafts though.

greg23

Liked Posts:
While I think we are better; the NFC is absolutely loaded and we're probably entering the season as one of the lower ranked team in the nfc

Guessing we're down there with

Tampa
Az
Nyg
Wash

Better start winning division and conf games if we want to make t playoffs....cant go 4-0 vs afc and 1-11 vs nfc

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
While I think we are better; the NFC is absolutely loaded and we're probably entering the season as one of the lower ranked team in the nfc

Tampa
Az
Nyg
Wash

Better start winning division and conf games if we want to make t playoffs....cant go 4-0 vs afc and 1-11 vs nfc

Probably? Until the team shows otherwise, they are near the bottom of the NFL, let alone the NFC. I expect improvement for sure, and I think the top three picks this year will be big contributors going forward, but the results need to be seen first.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

But you didn't see the direction until this free agency and were bashing Pace with many others until free agency this year. You don't need to be a blowhard but also don't need to be a complete tool bag either. I don't think any GM can predict how long it takes to do their teams rebuild but when you walk into a complete shit show that he was left with from Emery and then are forced to hire a head coach that you most likely didn't share the same vision with it kind of makes it hard to do a quick rebuild and this is year 4 so maybe you just haven't been paying attention..........:hawked:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Tampa
Az
Nyg
Wash

The NFC North is probably the toughest division in football right now so to win that division is gonna be real tough especially with the Vikings who are a super bowl built team right now and GB who as long as they have that clown Erin will always be tough. He's the biggest reason why i was hoping so hard for more pass rush.