I like the Nick Foles trade

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the Brady/Bucs marriage will be a huge flop.... but that’s a topic for another day.
You and me both. Hell I'll even say they wont make the playoffs in that stacked division they are in

coolio

Liked Posts:
only way da bears will find a franchise QB is if they have to do very little scouting or thinking and one falls into their lap like burrow with the bengals

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I'm a big fan of the addition of Foles. His ability to operate this offensive system at a high level should not be ignored. He's highly intelligent, he CAN read defenses which is the complete opposite of what Trubisky can do. He's also very accurate, has a good arm and is said to be a highly respected locker room guy and teammate. He makes the Bears offense better.

With that said, it really will not matter one bit who is under center for Chicago in 2020 if they can't get the running game going and fix the O-line. Watching Foles immobile ass get sacked 96 times just doesn't seem like a very good time for me.

Chicago still has a ton of work to do on the offensive side.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's kind of a glass half full, half empty thing. Do you want to believe you're getting the Eagles' Foles or the Foles every other team he went to got? How motivated is this guy at this stage of his up, down, up, down again career?

MontanaXXIII

Liked Posts:
Foles is unlikely to win the job.

His yards per completion numbers the last 3 years resemble Chase Daniels', and Trubisky's last year. Pair him with Nagy's dink and dunk crap and you get...well, you can imagine.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foles is unlikely to win the job.

His yards per completion numbers the last 3 years resemble Chase Daniels', and Trubisky's last year. Pair him with Nagy's dink and dunk crap and you get...well, you can imagine.
So you suspect they got Foles so they can pay their backup more than double their starter?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Some Mitch fans are upset that we didn't sign Keenum because he'd be no real threat to take Mitchell's job. Nut huggers gonna hug nuts.

Foles is going to get Mitch's job and get us back in the playoffs. If ppl want to die on Trubisky hill go ahead. Some of us saw this coming months ago, some have been in denial the whole time.

Who? Noonthirtyjoe or whatever his name is? I feel like you're making shit up again that there is this big "Pro-Trubisky" faction that doesn't care about the success of the team, just Trubisky's opportunity to lead this team.

Talking about dying on a hill. It seems like you're trying to create a hill that doesn't actually exist. And if it does, there are 3 dummies and/or trolls on top of it. Why even bother with them?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Who? Noonthirtyjoe or whatever his name is? I feel like you're making shit up again that there is this big "Pro-Trubisky" faction that doesn't care about the success of the team, just Trubisky's opportunity to lead this team.

Talking about dying on a hill. It seems like you're trying to create a hill that doesn't actually exist. And if it does, there are 3 dummies and/or trolls on top of it. Why even bother with them?

There is nearly no one on here who is a trubisky nut hugger anymore.

There are, however, a bunch who are what I call trubisky crybabies. They'd rather see him fail than succeed because it drives their narrative.

I personally hope that he succeeds, because its whats best for the franchise I cheer for. Do I think he can succeed? Probably not. Do I think Foles can succeed? Probably not. Foles is going to get worked behind this oline with no run game.

We literally did nothing to improve our biggest weakness last season, and no, it wasn't QB even though a lot of you crybabies think it was. No team succeeds without good trench play. You get a good dline, and a good oline, and you go to the playoffs usually. Simple as that. It's been a time tested equation.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I love the trade. Foles was my first hope, but I didn't think it could happen.

Some Mitch fans are upset that we didn't sign Keenum because he'd be no real threat to take Mitchell's job. Nut huggers gonna hug nuts.

Foles is going to get Mitch's job and get us back in the playoffs. If ppl want to die on Trubisky hill go ahead. Some of us saw this coming months ago, some have been in denial the whole time.

What's funny is the ones that claim to "know football" have been the most delusional of all.
Kind of like the people that saw Foles play last year and claim he's playoff bound this year?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Not a big fan of Foles despite his accomplishments. I do however believe he will beat out Mitch. Typically the GM brings in talent and the coach sets the depth chart. I do believe Nagy wanted Foles over Mitch and as a result of we will see him for better or for worse.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
To be clear I don’t think Mitch is any better than Foles. I just don’t find either to be attractive options. Foles would appear to be the safer bet as he’s done his thing when the stakes were high. Mitch has simply been bad. I think all Bears fans would love for the “more talented” second overall draft pick to be the guy but that’s a tough bet. I’d like to see the Bears draft a QB to put into the mix and for the future but this seems to be a position Pace struggles with.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

I'm pro Bears. I think Trubisky is the best option for this year and Foles is a decent backup and I'm glad to have him. We have not fixed any of our problems and neither QB will stand much of a chance.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'm pro Bears. I think Trubisky is the best option for this year and Foles is a decent backup and I'm glad to have him. We have not fixed any of our problems and neither QB will stand much of a chance.
I think it’s a side ways move. Unless they fix this running game we aren’t going anywhere

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He got hurt on a play he throws a TD a year before dethroning the great Tom Brady? and he sucks? come on dude.

It was actually 2years before. He got hurt, came back, and then was benched. The playoff run is a distant memory.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think it’s a side ways move. Unless they fix this running game we aren’t going anywhere

This. Offensive line will be better coached with a less convoluted scheme but it still doesnt have improved talent.