I need a boat

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Does anyone have a boat? By that , I mean a powerboat. I am in the market for a boat for fishing, open water((chesapeake bay) and skiing. Anyone? Thanks for the input.
I got a boat with my bro and bro-in-law, and like other mentioned it gets expensive. If you are cool with that yearly expense then you can have fun with it. Do you have a river house? Because the other side that some don't take into account is storing the boat, hauling it to and from the boat ramp. My family has a place on the Rappahanock and it's convenient to be able to leave the boat on the lift during the spring through fall months. The only thing we have to take into account is weather.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I got a boat with my bro and bro-in-law, and like other mentioned it gets expensive. If you are cool with that yearly expense then you can have fun with it. Do you have a river house? Because the other side that some don't take into account is storing the boat, hauling it to and from the boat ramp. My family has a place on the Rappahanock and it's convenient to be able to leave the boat on the lift during the spring through fall months. The only thing we have to take into account is weather.

I'd have to figure out storage. But I have sort of come to terms with pissing away a ton of money on expenses.

You near the bay or up the river? Rappahannock is a long ass river.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd have to figure out storage. But I have sort of come to terms with pissing away a ton of money on expenses.

You near the bay or up the river? Rappahannock is a long ass river.
Next to the bay, a stone's throw from Windmill Point

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Next to the bay, a stone's throw from Windmill Point
Oh damn that is right on the Bay! Nice. My wife and I drive down to Kilmarnock every now and then. I was just in Montross last week.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh damn that is right on the Bay! Nice. My wife and I drive down to Kilmarnock every now and then. I was just in Montross last week.

I love Kilmarnock, Northern Neck Burgers has the best shakes. My parents have a place right in White Stone. Since getting married and having 2 kids it is harder to get down there, but will be there for the 4th and do a little striper/cobia fishing

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Does anyone have a boat? By that , I mean a powerboat. I am in the market for a boat for fishing, open water((chesapeake bay) and skiing. Anyone? Thanks for the input.

If you are looking for skiing and fishing, as well as having people out, an I/O is what you should look at.

Outboard have a shit ton of power but they mostly eliminate the possibility of a swim deck and a skier will pull it all over the water.
I/O's can be found everywhere, they offer a great ride, plenty of room and are easy to trailer- save yourself on storage and gas.
Oh- and passenger limits are ridiculous. If it says it will hold 11 people, that means 5 comfortably.
If you have family and friends out frequently, you need at least double the seating capacity of the amount of people you plan to have or it is cramped and awful.

I have an inboard v drive built to wakeboard, and it is slow as hell, uncomfortable as hell, but purpose built to do exactly what I use it for. Top speed of around 44 on calm water with all the tanks drained.
Under no circumstance should you buy a ski or wakeboard boat unless you are REALLY in to it at a high level. They handle like shit, they are slow, and they suck ass for entertaining.
Dont let anyone talk you in to one as a "good deal". You will hate it.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get one of these bad bois has it all you can fish be comfy grill out pull skiers u name it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200802-214108_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200802-214108_Google.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 6

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Get one of these bad bois has it all you can fish be comfy grill out pull skiers u name it
I don't think it would handle the Bay.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'll check em out

Can't remember if you were planning on docking or trailering it. I know the pontoon and tritoons can be a pain getting on the trailer. I was at the boat launch once and waited almost an hour because someone was having a hard time putting it on the trailer. They may have been rookies, but from the looks of it...it doesn't seem to be easy.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't remember if you were planning on docking or trailering it. I know the pontoon and tritoons can be a pain getting on the trailer. I was at the boat launch once and waited almost an hour because someone was having a hard time putting it on the trailer. They may have been rookies, but from the looks of it...it doesn't seem to be easy.

Even trickier if there's wind.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'd probably look into renting a slip.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its really not that hard unless yer 20 beers in