I REALLY dislike Tony Kornheiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidwestDichotomy

Liked Posts:
Watching SportsCenter a few minutes ago. They went to the PTI big finish, and Kornheiser and Bill Simmons (filling in for Wilbon) were talking about which 0-2 team should panic the most.

Kornheiser: "Which team has the most reason to panic at this point?"

Simmons: "The Minnesota Vikings, because they're already two games behind the Packers and the Bears, who are 2-0."

Kornheiser: "You don't take the Bears seriously, do you?"

I guess owning his darling Cowboys and shutting his mouth this past Sunday isn't enough for them to be taken seriously

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not convinced either...If they come close to beating GB or do in fact beat GB then I will be convinced they are. We're two games in..We dont know whats going to happen.

The 2002 Bears won their first two games and proceeded to win 2 games the rest of the season. So you never know

The 1989 Bears won their first four games and won two games of the rest of the season.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2002 they had Jim Miller & Chris Chandler as the QB's.

Cutler pwns both of em.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
2002 they had Jim Miller & Chris Chandler as the QB's.

Cutler pwns both of em.

That is true..but for all we know the defense could just completely suck the rest of the year and while our offense may gel and score more points the defense could give up 30 ppg.

I dont see that happening..but we just dont know.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not gonna jump the gun on this Bears team. Remember the Broncos started 6-0 and went 2-8 the rest of the way so I'm gonna wait and see. Even a win against the Packers doesn't assure me that they're contenders.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
Let's remember the bears started 3-1 last season, though they are obviously better this season. There are a lot of games left, and I think it's only fair for there to be doubters out there. Let them debate in the studios, let the bears prove they are contenders on the field.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess owning his darling Cowboys and shutting his mouth this past Sunday isn't enough for them to be taken seriously

I thought Kornheiser was a east coast guy through and through.

Welcome to the mainstream, though. I'm sure there's a seat for you somewhere around here.

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
I'm not convinced either...If they come close to beating GB or do in fact beat GB then I will be convinced they are. We're two games in..We dont know whats going to happen.

The 2002 Bears won their first two games and proceeded to win 2 games the rest of the season. So you never know

The 1989 Bears won their first four games and won two games of the rest of the season.

Poor comparisons. The 02 team sustained MAJOR injuries, particularly on the defensive side w/ Ted Washington and Holdman going down very early. Too, we had nothing but bums for QB's that year. Our WR's weren't any good that year, either, w/ the exception of Booker, who wasn't really that great, in retrospect.
In 1989 we didn't play anyone those first few games and finally petered out after our long dynasty.
Very poor comparisons, IMO.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I'm not gonna jump the gun on this Bears team. Remember the Broncos started 6-0 and went 2-8 the rest of the way so I'm gonna wait and see. Even a win against the Packers doesn't assure me that they're contenders.

3-0 start with wins over the Cowboys and Packers.

That tells me they are for real. We'll see what kind of team we have after this monday night.

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
I thought Kornheiser was a east coast guy through and through.

Welcome to the mainstream, though. I'm sure there's a seat for you somewhere around here.

There's NO WAY we win this game last year. Jay threw 20 of his 26 INT's on the road last year. We couldn't even beat ATLANTA last year, and they were a crappy team that didn't make the playoffs. We scored 14 pts. in that game w/ classic Ron Turner horrendous playcalling.
Keep doubting but this team is winning AT LEAST 11 games this year!
-Carolina
-Buffalo
-Minnesota (at least one game)
-Washington
-Detroit (second game)
-GB (at least once)
-Seattle
That's 9 wins.
We have a CHANCE to win 7 more!

Keep doubting, but last year we didn't have URLACHER or PEPPERS!

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There's NO WAY we win this game last year. Jay threw 20 of his 26 INT's on the road last year. We couldn't even beat ATLANTA last year, and they were a crappy team that didn't make the playoffs. We scored 14 pts. in that game w/ classic Ron Turner horrendous playcalling.
-Carolina
-Buffalo
-Washington
-Detroit (second game)
-GB (at least once)
-Seattle
That's 9 wins.

weren't u the one saying the sky is falling and how horrible the bears were in the preseason?

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
-Carolina
-Buffalo
-Washington
-Detroit (second game)
-GB (at least once)
-Seattle
That's 9 wins.

My mainstream comment was in reference to MidwestD's joining the rest of us who dislike Tony K. Not sure how you misconstrued that.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
where's wilbon when you need him?

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
weren't u the one saying the sky is falling and how horrible the bears were in the preseason?

The one!? :lmao:

That was a big group. A lot of people are still saying it.

There are definitely clouds gathering, but for now, I'm just forecasting "scattered showers."

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't get the mad hate of Tony Kornheiser there always is... so what what someones opinion on something that is very questionable. that's hardly an issue but plenty hate him for how was on MNF, that was his job, to be the non football educated man point of view on the sport and say obvious things. Gruden isn't much better, all he does is hype every single person disgustingly.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'm waiting to see after Mondays game what kind of team we are.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I said it before in another thread but if you are getting this sensitive about comments made about the Bears you are in for a very long football season.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
3-0 start with wins over the Cowboys and Packers.

That tells me they are for real. We'll see what kind of team we have after this monday night.

Although the Boys of Cow are overrated & aren't near their peak...well, assumed form; we wouldn't have beat them last year. Plain & simple. Ron Turner wouldn't have made those adjustments. If we beat GB, then I see a good year this year. They're legit. Especially if we sweep them.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
As a Broncos fan, I can tell you that you didnt see a lot of the good Jay last year. In 2007 and 2008, there were times when he was absolutely herroic and could carry a team when he was on, regardless of who it was against. Thats what he looked like last week. But the thing about Jay from this time is that he might shred some good team but then force passes the next game. Hopefully for the sake of Bears fans, he'll start to be more consistent. He's two years older than the last time he played in Denver so maybe he'll start to settle down.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
TK is a freaking moron, I only watch that show because of wilbon. I will agree that we should have some doubters but TK is still an idiot.

A win or a loss by 7 or less with a nice clean game played I think would prove to a lot of people that we are for real. A nationally televised game will help matters to.

Status
Not open for further replies.