I so hope the Bears trade Andy Dalton

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Dalton is better than several starters in the NFL. Pittsburg QBs all suck. They might be a play off team with a healthy Dalton. Draft pick for Dalton would be nice but it sounds like the Bears want him long term as their backup.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I see it right now, Dalton is a dink and dunk game manager professional QB on a Teddy Bridgewater level. Serviceable if your team is set up that way. Fields is different. He is a field stretcher (as evidenced by his dime balls deep that Detroit was allowing and the Rams were not). Dalton will never be the drive the ball deep out routes down the field (that aren't wide open) type QB. As long as a O coordinator, not named Nagy, can adjust a game plan if something happens to Fields, then Dalton could do fine.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dalton is a classy guy whom I definitely think got a bit of a raw deal (as did Nick Foles, if I'm honest). The Bears will be lucky to hold onto either one of them as a backup, though I can completely understand why they might lose them both.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Maybe, maybe not. How's his deep ball and finding time to throw it? Fields managed to not throw a pick against Cleveland. I have never seen Andy in a game with that much pressure and not giving one up.
So you don't think Dalton has ever completed a long ball without pressure on him? Fields didn't have much pressure on him on all his long balls either though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ok, dumbest poster on the board.
5e0ffd8ebd85ae301e0e83e7bac1e853.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Like who? Why hasn’t he been traded yet then?
Ummmmmmm did you hear some inside info that they're trying to trade him? You do know they would have to want to trade him to actually trade him right? I wouldn't doubt if they wanna keep him as long as he's good with staying and backing up Fields which it sounds like he is.

Next

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Only 1 team might be slightly interested in Dalton based on injury to the starter and that’s Dallas.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think this actually worked out for the best. Nagy got play calling pulled from him early enough in the season with Fields now the starter that we can evaluate Fields without the excuse of Nagy is ruining him and with an OC that seems committed to putting him in the best situations to excel. So he will sink or swim without any built in excuses outside of the OL which I am sure is going to be blamed now anytime he struggles.
The nice thing with blocking, it is much easier to see if the problem was poor play by the linemen, poor protections called by the coach, lack of awareness by the QB or just a defensive player beating the offensive player over trying to figure out if a bad pass was on the QB or the WR.

Yes, we may get some of the problems wrongly diagnosed, but blocking has a much better chance of laying the blame where it belongs than other aspects of an offense.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Ummmmmmm did you hear some inside info that they're trying to trade him? You do know they would have to want to trade him to actually trade him right? I wouldn't doubt if they wanna keep him as long as he's good with staying and backing up Fields which it sounds like he is.

Next
I haven’t personally heard anything, have you? You are the one who said multiple teams would trade for him.

Check please

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Like who? Why hasn’t he been traded yet then?
Pittsburg and Miami are two teams that come to mind. If the 49ers think Lance is not ready and Jimmy is going to be gone for a while, 49ers would be a third team.

Just look for teams with a good defense who thinks (maybe incorrectly, but that is ok) that it could actually do something with a QB better than the crap that is currently on its team.

The season is early enough that most of the teams still dream of making the playoffs.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Dalton is a classy guy whom I definitely think got a bit of a raw deal (as did Nick Foles, if I'm honest). The Bears will be lucky to hold onto either one of them as a backup, though I can completely understand why they might lose them both.
Add Trubisky to the list of QBs that got a raw deal for ending up with Nagy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I haven’t personally heard anything, have you? You are the one who said multiple teams would trade for him.

Check please
You asked why he hasn't been traded yet so somehow didn't understand that they would have to want to trade him for him to actually get traded.

You can't afford this check so you'll be washing dishes to pay for this info.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pittsburg and Miami are two teams that come to mind. If the 49ers think Lance is not ready and Jimmy is going to be gone for a while, 49ers would be a third team.

Just look for teams with a good defense who thinks (maybe incorrectly, but that is ok) that it could actually do something with a QB better than the crap that is currently on its team.

The season is early enough that most of the teams still dream of making the playoffs.
Like the Bears

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you don't think Dalton has ever completed a long ball without pressure on him? Fields didn't have much pressure on him on all his long balls either though.
Because nobody said that?
Here's some reference material for you.
He's worse than average under pressure and anyone with a modicum of football IQ is aware of it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Raw deal" in that no one expected either Jones or Fields to drop down to the draft picks where the Bears could pick one of those two up. In fact, I'm still rather shocked.

As far as Foles? He had a shot to regain his magic from the SB a few years back and well, it didn't pan out. That's a bit on him.