I so hope the Bears trade Andy Dalton

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You asked why he hasn't been traded yet so somehow didn't understand that they would have to want to trade him for him to actually get traded.

You can't afford this check so you'll be washing dishes to pay for this info.
Ya, no wonder why poster on here don’t like you. 0322E35C-0F3E-4978-82B3-159AD093661C.gif

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I've been hoping to trade Andy Dalton since the preseason. Dalton served one main purpose and that was to temporarily be a decoy as QB1 while we attempted to move up for one of the top 5 QBs in the draft.

Once it had become clear no one was willing to trade for Foles or appease him, we should have attempted to trade Dalton or at least shifted the focus to eventually move him, not Foles, mid season.

I'm sure this was always Dalton's preference. He knew this had become Field's team the moment we drafted him. His goal from then on out was to showcase himself a bit and hopefully be a stop-gap starter for a team facing injury.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Imagine learning Nagy's bullshit offense only to be traded after playing a game and a half.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who trades for Andy Dalton?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Why?

reason 1 - Nagy. Nagy did AD wrong. He broke his promise. He caved to pressure from stupid fans and the media. To save his job. AD shouldn’t have to play for a liar and weakling.

reason 2 - shitty OL. The bears OL sucks. Truly. Fields will get hurt. Why put AD in to deal with it? Foles can take the beating.

reason 3 - shit fans. Bears fans suck. You complain, bitch, and boo. You don’t know football. Your lack of football knowledge is shocking, laughable. Most all Texans get this game at a deep level. I have no idea why you all are so ignorant. Y’all are so beat down for so long that you have a loser culture. Horrid. I can’t imagine any player truly wanting to play for you.

reason 4 - AD is too nice a guy for this town. The organization, fans, coaches, etc don’t value nice people. You want something different. Ok fine. But AD shouldn’t have to stay in this hell.

Conclusion - Andy’s a super nice guy. I’m not. So as far as I am concerned anyone that disagrees can suck my balls.
1) Nagy did not do AD wrong. He said Dalton would be QB1 to start the season, and he was. If you think it was the media or the fans that forced this move, you are dumber than I thought. If I had to guess the word came down from the FO. Make the move or you are fired.

2) Yeah the OL has not been good, but there is always someone worse in the league. Will Fields get hurt because of the line.......perhaps, but you could also point to the shitty OL's Baker Mayfield and Justin Herbert had as rookies and they put up historic rookie numbers. If and it is a big if Fields gets hurt Dalton is QB2, that's his job now.

3) Who cares what you think of Bear fans. Bears fans are experts on backup QB's. We have had them as starters for most of our lives and that is what Dalton is at this stage of his career. As for players wanting to play for Chicago, judging from some of the great ones that have chosen to spend their entire careers here I would say they would disagree.

4) There is no doubt that Dalton is a nice guy, and will be a great backup to Fields. I hope the Bears can keep him in that role for a long time.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Pittsburg and Miami are two teams that come to mind. If the 49ers think Lance is not ready and Jimmy is going to be gone for a while, 49ers would be a third team.

Just look for teams with a good defense who thinks (maybe incorrectly, but that is ok) that it could actually do something with a QB better than the crap that is currently on its team.

The season is early enough that most of the teams still dream of making the playoffs.
I don’t see either Pit or Mia doing that. Both teams are not playing well and in my opinion falling out of the playoff race quickly. Pit is in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL and Mia is not catching up to Buf. I don’t see them giving up draft picks for Dalton who won’t make their teams better. Same thing with SF. They will ride with Lance instead of giving up a draft pick for Dalton. I think Dalton only gets traded if a true playoff contender team loses their starting QB.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Why?

reason 1 - Nagy. Nagy did AD wrong. He broke his promise. He caved to pressure from stupid fans and the media. To save his job. AD shouldn’t have to play for a liar and weakling.

reason 2 - shitty OL. The bears OL sucks. Truly. Fields will get hurt. Why put AD in to deal with it? Foles can take the beating.

reason 3 - shit fans. Bears fans suck. You complain, bitch, and boo. You don’t know football. Your lack of football knowledge is shocking, laughable. Most all Texans get this game at a deep level. I have no idea why you all are so ignorant. Y’all are so beat down for so long that you have a loser culture. Horrid. I can’t imagine any player truly wanting to play for you.

reason 4 - AD is too nice a guy for this town. The organization, fans, coaches, etc don’t value nice people. You want something different. Ok fine. But AD shouldn’t have to stay in this hell.

Conclusion - Andy’s a super nice guy. I’m not. So as far as I am concerned anyone that disagrees can suck my balls.
I agree that Dalton seems like a nice guy but he chose to play in the NFL so no sympathy if he gets beat up, he is average and the current ceiling is low, great backup at this point, paid well or he can retire. Give me Butkus vs, nice. It's all about winning!

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure the Bears NEVER said "you are our Starter FOR THE WHOLE SEASON regardless of what happens". I kept hearing them say, "he is the Starter".... and rumor was, he was allegedly "promised" that he would be the Starter.

And he was..... he WAS the Starter.

They kept their word. They gave him first shot. They started him. He got hurt. The situation changed.

END OF STORY

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Dalton is a great guy. There is no doubt about that.

But that has nothing at all to do with him starting at QB or not. It's completely emo to think otherwise, which fits the OP perfectly.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don’t see either Pit or Mia doing that. Both teams are not playing well and in my opinion falling out of the playoff race quickly. Pit is in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL and Mia is not catching up to Buf. I don’t see them giving up draft picks for Dalton who won’t make their teams better. Same thing with SF. They will ride with Lance instead of giving up a draft pick for Dalton. I think Dalton only gets traded if a true playoff contender team loses their starting QB.
Those are possibilities, just as someone might bite on Dalton since it is going to be only week 5 and there are still 13 games to go. "A 13-4 teams will make the playoffs" is what some team with a good defense can think.

All it takes is 1 team.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Dalton would have never been better than Justin. I’ve seen enough of him through the years and he isn’t playing better than he did in his Cincy days. His best days, no matter who his coach is are well behind him. He is gonna be a good mentor for other quarterbacks though. Time for Andy to start thinking about being a backup

Good points. Plus you and I have seen enuff football to know when a Qb is drafted in the first round, he's gonna be given the starting job at some point. But Heck I'd gladly hold a clip board for 10m. :) (y)

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get rid of Foles and let Dalton support Fields for the rest of the season.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I am pretty sure the Bears NEVER said "you are our Starter FOR THE WHOLE SEASON regardless of what happens". I kept hearing them say, "he is the Starter".... and rumor was, he was allegedly "promised" that he would be the Starter.

And he was..... he WAS the Starter.

They kept their word. They gave him first shot. They started him. He got hurt. The situation changed.

END OF STORY

Plus he had to know he was done after we took Fields in the first round. It's like buying a new car. One isn't gonna keep the new car in the garage and continue driving the old one.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Because nobody said that?
Here's some reference material for you.
He's worse than average under pressure and anyone with a modicum of football IQ is aware of it.
Well i didn't go searching articles or stats on him like you did or i guess i would of known and don't think it takes much football IQ to go look at an article or stats on a player.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ya, no wonder why poster on here don’t like you. View attachment 14637
Wait a minute.......some strangers on a message board don't like me?
giphy.gif

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well i didn't go searching articles or stats on him like you did or i guess i would of known and don't think it takes much football IQ to go look at an article or stats on a player.
I didn't either until you obviously needed help here. My initial response came from unbiased observation. Try it sometime. Also lose the defensive spin and come up with some basis for a comment next time.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly? Indianapolis, San Francisco, Miami, New Orleans...not saying he's absolutely an upgrade (well he's certainly better than Garoppolo and Lance right now) but he would probably be worth a shot. All these teams have playoff aspirations.
None of these would trade for 10m dollar Andy. The only team see having even a remote outside chance of trading for him would be the Dolphins.....