I still believe in Fields

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe fubo or somehow watch the games before commenting or wagging your finger at other posters as is your wont. Our running game was on point today despite montgomery’s unfortunate injury

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That's what leaders do. Leaders don't point fingers or avoid ownership like some Bear Qb's of the past.
Respectfully, Fields isn’t being judged on leadership. He is judged on whether he can complete passes

I hear ya.(y) He's taking ownership for his play. So that's the first step in correcting the problem and making himself a better Qb. I saw an interview where he said, he'll be going over film tonight analyzing what he did wrong.
I think it's a good thing that he's looking at the man in the mirror. He's pointing the finger at himself. That can be contagious. That's what I saw in players when we won our last SB.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We’ve heard that before

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Let me start off by saying I don't like the word "arguments" it sounds to confrontation . I prefer discussions.

Which is why I shared info, with u on pass pro, what DT Kenny Clark said about JF and Jonah Williams perspective on pass pro . It all ties in with our pass pro discussion. And no I don't ignore information. I like sharing receiving information.

In terms of the stats others have brought these PFF stats up to me. I looked them over. I didn't ignore it,
But I also go by what I see and what I've experienced.
You already quoted the above post, and I responded to that post also. Just fyi.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In no way am I giving up on him yet.

He looked fucking lost today...He had no football rhythm. He was tripping over people and was looking for a collapsing pocket more than his receivers. It seemed like his first instinct was to think about where to run and then think about throwing the ball. He is also forgetting to set his feet on throws on the run. He was playing on pure athleticism today and forgot several fundamentals.

Its not all on Fields. Teams are taking away the bootleg. Bears will need to adjust.

Also, the Bears are one of the least talented teams in the NFL. That is pretty apparent. They will need to focus on getting a WR and better Olinemen.
Like running the ball, passing..in between 60/40 or 65/35 in some situations…

There is a magic bootleg balance.

They can’t “guess” right if you mix in screens, deep shots, runs, bootleg left, bootleg right, and then a little Harbaugh/Kap option game.

Not a lot, but you can teach fields to be dangerous with that.

His Arsenal is just limited. Usually it’s best to groom a QB with a veteran team around him, but we don’t have that luxury.

Pierce is well made for Soldier Field soft grass. We are lucky to get out of that skirmish with a win.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@modo

I don’t have tv yet…what percentage of passes are they running bootleg?

Isn’t that because they don’t trust the pocket? If it was Fields they would be asking him to get comfortable in the pocket. But I’m guessing with Mostert and Whitehair and Jones and Borom there would not be a pocket.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
@modo

I don’t have tv yet…what percentage of passes are they running bootleg?

Isn’t that because they don’t trust the pocket? If it was Fields they would be asking him to get comfortable in the pocket. But I’m guessing with Mostert and Whitehair and Jones and Borom there would not be a pocket.

boots and attacking the LOS is madden 101 with a mobile QB.. if executed properly.. its nearly unstoppable.. need 3 levels and a backside outlet in the design......once the d adjusts to that, it opens up other lanes to attack n feast upon... in theory though... cause fields gotta get his sticks right first

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear ya.(y) He's taking ownership for his play. So that's the first step in correcting the problem and making himself a better Qb. I saw an interview where he said, he'll be going over film tonight analyzing what he did wrong.
I think it's a good thing that he's looking at the man in the mirror. He's pointing the finger at himself. That can be contagious. That's what I saw in players when we won our last SB.
Damn…that’s a bit extreme for me.

Win or lose take a day off and review Monday afternoon when your chilling on some ice

Rise

Liked Posts:
I understand the two guys I’m about to bring up have a history of success so they deserved the benefit of the doubt, but the facts still remain. Rodgers struggled in this offense year 1, Wilson is struggling in this offense year 1. Both are HOF QB who have vastly superior weapons in year 1 of this system.

Maybe we can just continue to be patient with our 23 year old QB in this system with basically no top tier weapons? Remember we have him for 4 years, you can still develop a second guy. Him not being all pro or even good , or even average right now does not mean he is a certain bust.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You already quoted the above post, and I responded to that post also. Just fyi.

I was responding to link #165 Your..... "So you have nothing relevant to what I posted." comment. And here for your clarification #178

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Damn…that’s a bit extreme for me.

Win or lose take a day off and review Monday afternoon when your chilling on some ice

I hear ya. :) But ya gotta like his intensity and desire.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
O-line goi
I hear ya. :) But ya gotta like his intensity and desire.
just don’t burn out.

It’s a marathon not a sprint. Find a sustainable pace that also works and repeat that routine. Feel good, play good.

The entire week should build up to expending every ounce of mental and physical energy you have to give your team being expended in 3 hours.

The next 18-24 hours should be reflection and decompress…recharge..recover…absorb what happened do something else with friends and family.

Next weeks grind will be here tomorrow.

It’s a good time for a man of his stature to be a delegator…ask an assistant to put together a tape of a certain sequence and find examples from Troy Aikman and Jim Kelly dealing with the same problem. Let someone work for you while you give your mind a breather, and you will work better when you return to it.

Just my way and all I personally have energy for. To each their own!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I was responding to link #165 Your..... "So you have nothing relevant to what I posted." comment. And here for your clarification #178
You don't have any real response, some quote from a bad offensive lineman. I already said that.

Not sure why you continually have to point to several posts with links in every rebuttal. I already read all those posts and commented on them. obviously I saw them.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You don't have any real response, some quote from a bad offensive lineman. I already said that.

Not sure why you continually have to point to several posts with links in every rebuttal. I already read all those posts and commented on them. obviously I saw them.

I have proof the Bengals OL got better. Williams is a NFL offensive lineman and part of the rebuilt OL. He's more of a authority than u or I. Oh...BTW this "some quote from a bad offensive lineman" , as u call Jonah Williams, has only 4 sacks allowed
outta 237 snaps.....according to PFF.

You claimed "irrelevance". I gave clarification and relevance in link #178 And I also addressed your "stats comment". To "ignore" it, is to do what u claim I do.....which was respectfully addressed in link #178