I still believe in Fields

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Feel free to bump this in a few years and call me a Fieldsexual. Or whatever.

All of us knew this season would be painful. Fields has definitely been less than great, but we have a long way to go. If things still look this way in the deeper part of the season, then that's a different conversation.

The Bears are 2-1 and I only had them pegged for 6-7 wins this season.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Im not ready to say hes for sure a bust, but his steady but consistent decline in performance over each game is concerning. Like "fuck plan B, we need a plan A2" concerning.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm concerned. I'm a bit more concerned about how Fields is being handled, than Fields himself. I'm still waiting for the game where we run some easy, quick passes to get him confidence early on.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I still believe in Fields long term but I don't think the coaching staff does. They're trying to maximize wins, not trying to maximize the development of their QB by potentially losing winnable games if he make mistakes. They're basically using him like a veteran, journeyman QB who they believe is a liability with the run heavy focus.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I have not given up on him but this is very concerning I mean he can’t get to 100 passing yards? Is it all him no but a lot of it is, it’s like he processes in slow motion.

Hopefully they figure it out I still say getting mustipher off the field will make the whole oline look different.

They need a WR1 desperately though. This is why losing ARob was the only thing that upset me this off-season. They have to find that guy to give him a security blanket and fast!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He's 23 years old, only a short sighted idiot would give up on him.

Anyone that understands the NFL knows he is in desperate need of some quality coaching, and some talented teammates on offense.

gocbears

Liked Posts:
To me, Fields looks really frustrated with the game plan, and I don't think the plan is playing towards what he can do. That doesn't excuse him from impersonating Mitchell though...In the long run, I hope the O-line settles in to a solid grouping, and Fields steps up by the end of the season.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I still believe in Fields long term but I don't think the coaching staff does. They're trying to maximize wins, not trying to maximize the development of their QB by potentially losing winnable games if he make mistakes. They're basically using him like a veteran, journeyman QB who they believe is a liability with the run heavy focus.
Also fair

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's 23 years old, only a short sighted idiot would give up on him.

Anyone that understands the NFL knows he is in desperate need of some quality coaching, and some talented teammates on offense.
Miss you brother. Nice to see you around.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Feel free to bump this in a few years and call me a Fieldsexual. Or whatever.

All of us knew this season would be painful. Fields has definitely been less than great, but we have a long way to go. If things still look this way in the deeper part of the season, then that's a different conversation.

The Bears are 2-1 and I only had them pegged for 6-7 wins this season.
I think I was as well, until he missed that wide open seam. It gave me Trubisky vibes. All the OC, learning different schemes quickly, political issues, etc. aside....that was an easy throw and he should have put a dime on there. Guys like Jacoby Brisset and Davis Mills would have hit it guaranteed. If you miss the easy ones.....that is indicative of something more I think :(

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So we're playing make believe now? WTF is this?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only positive so far is nobody can be this bad. Usually a fine line between a good QB and bad. Maybe next week.