I still believe in Fields

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
So we're playing make believe now? WTF is this?
Could you imagine if Fields played for Detroit or GB? Like what the comments would be?

They would have declared him the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell with no hesitation.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hated the two interceptions.
He also had 3 or 4 boneheaded throws.

But he has zero protection. Zero weapons. His athleticism alone gave the Bears 4 first downs today.

He is a more accurate and more athletic Mitch. But if the Bears aren't going to provide any protection and help for him, he will crash and burn.

I like Fields. I think he has potential. But it's the Bears that are failing him. And his mistakes today are more a culmination of things rather than Fields simply not being good.

In short, I feel bad for the guy.

Last...
Don't let 2-1 fool you. This team is terrabad and I think they go 4-13.
Yeah those were so terribly off target

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feel free to bump this in a few years and call me a Fieldsexual. Or whatever.

All of us knew this season would be painful. Fields has definitely been less than great, but we have a long way to go. If things still look this way in the deeper part of the season, then that's a different conversation.

The Bears are 2-1 and I only had them pegged for 6-7 wins this season.
I dont, I believe today he showed he isnt that guy. I so hope I'm wrong, but dude is thinking and aiming, instead of just playing and taking what's available. Believe he missed a wide open, huge touchdown again

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Here is the issue with stopping at that- we are talking about a Smith defense.
He will press the rookies hard and leave the outlets and quick throws vulnerable.
It was on Justin to make those reads and turn down the heat by gashing them.

He just scrambled around the pocket watching the pass rush and by then he is buried.

We know how Smith operates, and the lack of hitting the short passes is what allowed them to come full steam on the pass rush.

Loves d crumbles under a strong run and short pass game.
The bears only capitalized on 50% of that equation.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Nice to see roquan and jackson wake up, and for vildor make a play only to negate it later
Both of their plays was the game IMO. Despite all the other BS. If Eddie doesnt pick that ball in the endzone or Roquan doesnt pick his, its not the same game. That's also football I guess?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Yeah those were so terribly off target

His 90 mph hour ball in the lateral to Herbert off the right hash was baffling. Not sure why he though he had to zing it from 4 yards away. And he missed terribly. My only guess is that he was playing highly rattled. Seeing ghosts.

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
Feel free to bump this in a few years and call me a Fieldsexual. Or whatever.

All of us knew this season would be painful. Fields has definitely been less than great, but we have a long way to go. If things still look this way in the deeper part of the season, then that's a different conversation.

The Bears are 2-1 and I only had them pegged for 6-7 wins this season.
I admire your confidence, but I truly feel he'd not flourish even with a top tier coaching staff. Of course, I could be wrong.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We'll probably see some stat that says the BEARs Oline is top 5 in PassPro again.

I hate seeing Justin's progress going backwards game to game though

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the only reason anyone would still side with Fields here is because being 2-1 can make people delusionally hopeful. He has under 300 yards passing after 3 games, just 23 total completions, and 4 ints. In most realities Bears would be 0-3 given those numbers. Josh Allen threw for 400 yards and had 42 completions just today alone and he lost his game.

I've seen some really bad QB play over the past couple decades for the Bears but I don't think I've ever seen in this bad ngl.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL! So you think the pass protection was good today???

The run blocking was once again phenomenal. The pass blocking I thought was fine. For a really fast runner and great athlete, his reaction time to any pressure seems really slow to me. Everything seems to move real slow should they successfully complete the snap lol.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The run blocking was once again phenomenal. The pass blocking I thought was fine. For a really fast runner and great athlete, his reaction time to any pressure seems really slow to me. Everything seems to move real slow should they successfully complete the snap lol.
The run blocking was absolutely phenomenal. The pass blocking was not fine. Not at all.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think the only reason anyone would still side with Fields here is because being 2-1 can make people delusionally hopeful. He has under 300 yards passing after 3 games, just 23 total completions, and 4 ints. In most realities Bears would be 0-3 given those numbers. Josh Allen threw for 400 yards and had 42 completions just today alone and he lost his game.

I've seen some really bad QB play over the past couple decades for the Bears but I don't think I've ever seen in this bad ngl.

You're not old enough apparently. The Quinn, Krenzel,Hutchinson year was yuck. Was that 2004?

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I still believe in Fields but I have some concerns that I didn't have at the beginning of the season. Mainly, the two interceptions were poorly thrown balls and nowhere near the intended receiver. The pocket on both of those picks were pretty clean. That's not a good sign.

With that said, it's difficult to play the QB position when you are getting hit on virtually every play. Fields takes a lot of shots in the pocket as well as when he's running. I'd love to see the Bears design more plays for Kmet. It's sad his first catch of the year came in week 3. A big TE is a young QB's best friend. Can the Bears try utilizing the TE more?!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
modo said
The oline still collapsed too fast, too often in pass protection.

Here is the issue with stopping at that- we are talking about a Smith defense.
He will press the rookies hard and leave the outlets and quick throws vulnerable.
It was on Justin to make those reads and turn down the heat by gashing them.

He just scrambled around the pocket watching the pass rush and by then he is buried.

We know how Smith operates, and the lack of hitting the short passes is what allowed them to come full steam on the pass rush.

Loves d crumbles under a strong run and short pass game.
The bears only capitalized on 50% of that equation.

Ok so that's on Getsy to craft that type of " gashing" offensive game...right?