I still love and miss Rex Grossman

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was a great Bear. He would have been a great NFL star had his legs and confidence not been destroyed by injuries early in his promising career.

And don't get me started on his sublime deep ball.

If only you could make a hybrid of Sexy and 4.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I don’t miss him per se but I do wonder what he’s been up to.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was a great Bear. He would have been a great NFL star had his legs and confidence not been destroyed by injuries early in his promising career.

And don't get me started on his sublime deep ball.

If only you could make a hybrid of Sexy and 4.
Neither could throw a screen over a rush.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I was in Ranger school to kick off that season. I'll never forget when It was all over going to my P.O box and my Uncle had sent me every bears news clipping from all the major Chicago papers documenting his red hot start. From NFC player of the month to the infamous AZ comeback game. I remember spending an entire evening in my room with some brews pouring over every detail of what I missed in chronological order. Good times.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
At this point so do i

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good QB/Bad QB is much more entertaining than Bad QB/Boring QB.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Rex was fun. Not good, just fun. Loved his 'fuck it I'm going deep' mentality, but when it came to reading coverages or extending a play it was not his strength.

I do miss the Grossman vs. Orton debates that used to happen. It was the purest form of family feud I've ever seen.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Rex was fun. Not good, just fun. Loved his 'fuck it I'm going deep' mentality, but when it came to reading coverages or extending a play it was not his strength.

I do miss the Grossman vs. Orton debates that used to happen. It was the purest form of family feud I've ever seen.

I still think if Orton was our QB, we win the super bowl in 2006.

Not because orton was great, but because our defense was and orton was best suited for the johnson-dilfer role of not fucking it up...

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had just one problem with Rex.. He always tried to backpedal faster than the blitzers ran forward.. It was an exercise in futility, and would turn a 5 yard sack into a 15 yard sack or even a fumble

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I still think if Orton was our QB, we win the super bowl in 2006.

Not because orton was great, but because our defense was and orton was best suited for the johnson-dilfer role of not fucking it up...
That defense couldn’t play when bad weather limited their speed. Ko starting would be similar results

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was in Ranger school to kick off that season. I'll never forget when It was all over going to my P.O box and my Uncle had sent me every bears news clipping from all the major Chicago papers documenting his red hot start. From NFC player of the month to the infamous AZ comeback game. I remember spending an entire evening in my room with some brews pouring over every detail of what I missed. Good times.
That Arizona comeback was one for the ages..I can still hear Kornheiser moaning about Rex all thru the game.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That defense couldn’t play when bad weather limited their speed. Ko starting would be similar results

Not true. And we had a great o line and rushing attack anyway to nullify much of that.