I think Pace is on the hot seat and big moves are unlikely..

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. That is why I never bought into the Pace and Nagy harmony. Either Pace is blaming Nagy for shit coaching, or Nagy is blaming Pace for not having offensive talent. I mean after three seasons of shit offense it has to be one or the other.. or both.

Had Foles not been a complete disaster, different story entirely. But Nagy rallied for this guy, benched Trubisky for this guy, we gave up draft capital for him.. and he didn't do shit. So the whole keeping Nagy story just doesn't add up to me.

The Bears have to know that upgrading from Nagy is an easy thing to do, and Pace is likely rallying for the same thing.. so why not do it this offseason?
I think you missed his point...

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
McCaskey is just lazy and doesn't want to conduct another GM search.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't agree with the OP. I think both Pace and Nagy will get extensions if the bears get a QB that plays well and moves us in the playoffs. Whether that QB is Watson, Carr, Fits (with a draft pick). Ownership doesn't want to make a change. Changing everything doesn't mean things get better. If making changes worked all the time we should be great. We have lived through too many changes. We need a QB, OT, and the right DC.

And a GM who could recognize a talented QB, OT, and the right DC .

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
And a GM who could recognize a talented QB, OT, and the right DC .
If the Bears draft a QB I expect it will be the one that Nagy wants. Maybe if Watson ends up in Miami and Texans don't want Tua we can get him for our 20th pick. He would fit really well into Nagy's system.