Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think the bears will trade up for this guy possibly a trade with the pats. Just watched 3 highlight videos of this dude. Everyone says he had a great support cast which he did. However the WR’s don’t throw to themselves. Look at his passes: in stride, perfect spiral, down field accuracy. What’s the problem with Jones?? I like him

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Jones will more than likely be gone by pick #8. Would take a lot to move up in front of Carolina. Doubt we do that.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Bears need a developed QB, Nagy has never made a QB progress Trubisky, Foles, Glennon, etc. all regressed under Nagy. Bears could draft Lawrence and make him a bust.
If you listen to Alex Smith, he credits Nagy for his improvement in KC.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
First, I just want to know what is separating Jones from Trask by such a huge margin?

Bears need a developed QB, Nagy has never made a QB progress Trubisky, Foles, Glennon, etc. all regressed under Nagy. Bears could draft Lawrence and make him a bust.

As to this, Trubisky was coddled, he just sucks man.

Glennon had one year, basically he existed to give Mitch some low hanging fruit to “beat out”.

Lastly, do you really think Foles is in a place in his career where his best football is ahead of him? He was a gamble to bring in. Didn’t work. We’ve got Dalton now. Probably won’t work either.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'm not a Nagy fan but Glennon had nothing to do with Nagy and Foles was a career backup QB that had one shining great half a season that he took the Eagles to the super bowl and won it. I absolutely understood the choice to take a shot on Foles cause he did what he did under D.Peterson who's from the A.Reid tree and ran a very similar offense as what Nagy was trying to run, and then i just don't think Trubs is a NFL starter and i don't quite believe the narrative that coaches develop QB's/players if the QB's/players don't have it in them to develop themselves at the NFL level. Yeah of course good coaching helps but the player has to do more of the developing for himself and then the coaching can help.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the bears will trade up for this guy possibly a trade with the pats. Just watched 3 highlight videos of this dude. Everyone says he had a great support cast which he did. However the WR’s don’t throw to themselves. Look at his passes: in stride, perfect spiral, down field accuracy. What’s the problem with Jones?? I like him

Ok, now...
Talk about the pass protection he got at 'bama. Talk about what might happen when the pocket collapses and or him having the ability to keep the play alive with the Bears

Last edited:

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
The Pat's will get him, protect him and he'll be a stud.

Whoever the Bears get will suck, cause it's the Bears.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
At this point, Mac Jones is a luxury. I'd gladly take him and would trade up if he makes it out the top 10

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not a Nagy fan but Glennon had nothing to do with Nagy and Foles was a career backup QB that had one shining great half a season that he took the Eagles to the super bowl and won it. I absolutely understood the choice to take a shot on Foles cause he did what he did under D.Peterson who's from the A.Reid tree and ran a very similar offense as what Nagy was trying to run, and then i just don't think Trubs is a NFL starter and i don't quite believe the narrative that coaches develop QB's/players if the QB's/players don't have it in them to develop themselves at the NFL level. Yeah of course good coaching helps but the player has to do more of the developing for himself and then the coaching can help.

player has to do more of the developing for himself and then the coaching can help.

exactly ! i.e. a Brady ( he still works with a Qb coach to this day), Wilson ( he's worked hard to make himself a better Qb). Certain guys just have that burning desire to be the best and lead by example. When scouting Qb's, ya gotta look for these qualities. IMO

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
exactly ! i.e. a Brady ( he still works with a Qb coach to this day), Wilson ( he's worked hard to make himself a better Qb). Certain guys just have that burning desire to be the best and lead by example. When scouting Qb's, ya gotta look for these qualities. IMO

Yes these QB's have to already have the things needed to be a good/great QB at the NFL level cause no coach is gonna make a QB good/great if they don't already have what it takes which is why so many fail in the NFL after getting drafted anywhere from 1st overall to anywhere else in the draft. I think there's other coaches that could of gotten more out of Trubisky if they had the coaching qualities and smarts to use him for what he was good at which is his mobility and he now has the right OC to do that in Buffalo but even so he's still not gonna be a starting level QB that's gonna take a team far into the playoffs or to a super bowl.