Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I am on board the Mac Jones train. Unfortunately I just don't think the Bears will draft him. I don't have any proof or real reason except at this point I expect poor decisions from Pace. Andy Dalton QB1 was such a fucking joke that destroyed any remaining confidence I had in this team's ability to lead into the future.

I would love to eat crow on this, but I don't think I will.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think the bears will trade up for this guy possibly a trade with the pats. Just watched 3 highlight videos of this dude. Everyone says he had a great support cast which he did. However the WR’s don’t throw to themselves. Look at his passes: in stride, perfect spiral, down field accuracy. What’s the problem with Jones?? I like him
Best thread on this board in quite a while. Jones will end up the best QB from this draft

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Best thread on this board in quite a while. Jones will end up the best QB from this draft

Maybe but he'll go top 10 in the draft and Bears don't have the capital to trade up.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Article today on the interweb on the 49'rs grabbing him at #3. Listing the reasons.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I think the bears will trade up for this guy possibly a trade with the pats. Just watched 3 highlight videos of this dude. Everyone says he had a great support cast which he did. However the WR’s don’t throw to themselves. Look at his passes: in stride, perfect spiral, down field accuracy. What’s the problem with Jones?? I like him

There really is no “problem with Jones” per se; it’s just that he doesn’t fit the price reward for the Bears.

Months ago, he was being mocked in the second, and that was even considered a reach, but, now, the most recent NFL.com mock has us trading up the 11th to acquire him!

Look, at this point, it will cost us two first round picks for a rookie qb, plus other possible draft capital. I seriously think NE is going to move up and get him. We can’t win this round.

At this point, we need to think second wave qb answer go with Mond or Jamie Newman in the third. It’s the reality we are in.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes these QB's have to already have the things needed to be a good/great QB at the NFL level cause no coach is gonna make a QB good/great if they don't already have what it takes which is why so many fail in the NFL after getting drafted anywhere from 1st overall to anywhere else in the draft. I think there's other coaches that could of gotten more out of Trubisky if they had the coaching qualities and smarts to use him for what he was good at which is his mobility and he now has the right OC to do that in Buffalo but even so he's still not gonna be a starting level QB that's gonna take a team far into the playoffs or to a super bowl.

Good points. We don't properly vet who we bring in at the Qb position. We don't ask the right questions. We don't bring in leaders at the Qb position. For me, leadership is one of the most important attributes for a Qb to have. Next being a winner and having a "winners mentality".

I think there's other coaches that could of gotten more out of Trubisky if they had the coaching qualities and smarts to use him for what he was good at which is his mobility and he now

Exactly. And this is what separates the avg HC's from the really good one's. The good ones adjust to the talent of the players.
I kept preaching....use Trubisky's mobility. Design plays that move him around i.e. roll outs, sprint outs etc Give him the freedom to create and be a play-maker. Plus this takes pressure off the OL. Nagy did just the opposite.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
There really is no “problem with Jones” per se; it’s just that he doesn’t fit the price reward for the Bears.

Months ago, he was being mocked in the second, and that was even considered a reach, but, now, the most recent NFL.com mock has us trading up the 11th to acquire him!

Look, at this point, it will cost us two first round picks for a rookie qb, plus other possible draft capital. I seriously think NE is going to move up and get him. We can’t win this round.

At this point, we need to think second wave qb answer go with Mond or Jamie Newman in the third. It’s the reality we are in.

True. Mond or Jamie Newman have the ability to take pressure off our OL. Do ya want em in there day 1.....NO. Let em sit a yr and learn from Dalton and or Foles. Then reaccess in the 2nd yr

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pats are looking to move for a QB. Doubt they take any offers if Jones is there.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a flattering picture of a guy who's suppose to be an in shape athlete. ?
He was projected as a one a long time ago and dumping on the white guy due to a pic from 2018 doesn't make the other QBs look better.

Aren't you the guy that started a thread about signing Jamarcus Russell?

This is Jones at the Senior Bowl.
1616958352058.png

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He was projected as a one a long time ago and dumping on the white guy doesn't make the other ones look better.

View attachment 10989

Do your racial thing with someone else and miss me with it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He was projected as a one a long time ago and dumping on the white guy due to a pic from 2018 doesn't make the other QBs look better.

View attachment 10989

Do your racial thing with someone else and miss me with it.

'My' racial thing?
:oprah2:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...MibMhKh_pVtrPVg&bvm=bv.47534661,d.aWc&cad=rja

In the link I POSTED above from Jun 9, 2013, there's info concerning Russell's weight.
But I get it, that doesn't fit your racialized narrative. And your continuing propensity to post outta context material.

-----------------------------------------------
The Jamarcus Russell try-out went well, however.....

"sources" say we might not sign him. The story and vid below gives a interesting look at Russell.
How does the statement above (?from Jun 9, 2013 ? ) TRANSLATE into ME, as you say being ....... " the guy that started a thread about signing Jamarcus Russell? "

And why didn't you say anything to Chicago Staleys for posting the pic ? He obviously didn't post it to flatter Jones. And what does Jones' RACE have to do with anything????

As per usual, you pull something totally outta context to SPIN and project your own personal narrative.
Here's what they said in the posts below.... OK?
>>>>> #2
>>>>> #5

You really need to go somewhere with YOUR personal projections of NEGATIVE racial / race BAITING narratives.

:snoop"

Last edited:

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What’s the problem with Jones?? I like him
Mac Jones is a pocket passer in a world of plus athletes. The other top guys all have another dimension to their game. He's not a bad athlete but looks pedestrian next to the other 1st round QBs.

With Jones, his intangibles are outstanding. He's a bright, decisive guy who understands defenses. He's a workaholic who is going to make the most out of his situation. His mechanics are solid and he exhibits plus accuracy all over the field including his deep ball. He put up numbers against the best competition particularly in the championship game.

His arm is only adequate so you don't see the gaudy off platform throws. He has good pocket awareness but doesn't have enough twitch or elusiveness to evade a free runner. He only has 17 starts so there's limited film on him. He gets knocked for having so much talent on his team but what he did with that talent was exceptional.

I like Jones a lot and think he's going to overachieve in the right situation in the NFL. He may even be a good fit for the Bears. But given our draft capital vs needs, I'm not sure I make the move up for him given the talent at T, WR, and CB that will be available at 20.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Bears need a developed QB, Nagy has never made a QB progress Trubisky, Foles, Glennon, etc. all regressed under Nagy. Bears could draft Lawrence and make him a bust.
I don't watch college, so have no idea how any of these rookies will be...but I agree here, Nagy can't develop a QB if he tried. He saw what Mitch and Foles were good at, and still was too damn stubborn to get off his own ego about running HIS offense.

Unless Mac Jones runs the Andy Reid stuff, he'd probably be a wasted pick with Nagy here.

Kind of reminds me of that 2005 Playoff game, where all Lovie had to do was double Steve Smith, as the Panthers had nothing else working, but his ego to run HIS D was so strong, he just kept putting man on Steve Smith and he burned them over and over and over.

Sometimes these coaches just have no idea what they're doing outside their safety box.