I want Mac Jones

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Mac Jones is a pocket passer in a world of plus athletes. The other top guys all have another dimension to their game. He's not a bad athlete but looks pedestrian next to the other 1st round QBs.

With Jones, his intangibles are outstanding. He's a bright, decisive guy who understands defenses. He's a workaholic who is going to make the most out of his situation. His mechanics are solid and he exhibits plus accuracy all over the field including his deep ball. He put up numbers against the best competition particularly in the championship game.

His arm is only adequate so you don't see the gaudy off platform throws. He has good pocket awareness but doesn't have enough twitch or elusiveness to evade a free runner. He only has 17 starts so there's limited film on him. He gets knocked for having so much talent on his team but what he did with that talent was exceptional.

I like Jones a lot and think he's going to overachieve in the right situation in the NFL. He may even be a good fit for the Bears. But given our draft capital vs needs, I'm not sure I make the move up for him given the talent at T, WR, and CB that will be available at 20.
I am completely convinced that the Bears are ready to move mountains to get a QB they want and most probably this year. If they are sold on Jones I think they are ready to give up a lot to move up. If they don't take a QB in this draft than I think there is a real possibility the Wilson trade is eminent on June 1st.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I am completely convinced that the Bears are ready to move mountains to get a QB they want and most probably this year. If they are sold on Jones I think they are ready to give up a lot to move up. If they don't take a QB in this draft than I think there is a real possibility the Wilson trade is eminent on June 1st.

Maybe.

Pace has a liking to 1 year starting college QBs.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I just don't see the Bears being able to trade Foles. I believe he's got 2 years left. They just named Dalton QB1.

If you believe Pace & Nagy's job is on the line...are they going to squander the #20 pick by trading up for the 5th best QB? (Who won't even play this year?)

Or does it make more sense to draft someone who could start? Maybe even trade down for a couple of potential starters.

Ppl are just making things up right now...lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...MibMhKh_pVtrPVg&bvm=bv.47534661,d.aWc&cad=rja

In the link I POSTED above from Jun 9, 2013, there's info concerning Russell's weight.
But I get it, that doesn't fit your racialized narrative. And your continuing propensity to post outta context material.

-----------------------------------------------
The Jamarcus Russell try-out went well, however.....

"sources" say we might not sign him. The story and vid below gives a interesting look at Russell.
How does the statement above (?from Jun 9, 2013 ? ) TRANSLATE into ME, as you say being ....... " the guy that started a thread about signing Jamarcus Russell? "

And why didn't you say anything to Chicago Staleys for posting the pic ? He obviously didn't post it to flatter Jones. And what does Jones' RACE have to do with anything????

As per usual, you pull something totally outta context to SPIN and project your own personal narrative.
Here's what they said in the posts below.... OK?
>>>>> #2
>>>>> #5

You really need to go somewhere with YOUR personal projections of NEGATIVE racial / race BAITING narratives.

:snoop"
He had a history of being fat and out of shape 2 years before that work out, just like that Jones pic you hypocrite. Difference is that Jones was a college Freshman. Russel let himself go, was in poor condition and unwilling to work when he was getting paid for it and it mattered yet you were instantly willing to forgive him even though his history was to to take a pay check, get buzzed and then phone it in. There's a good reason that nobody signed him on his come back try. Have some more of that purple drank. Your bias is constantly on display. Making excuses for some player's failings while calling out others for the very same ones.

Show me a post where you said something good about Wilson or Jones and I'll show you a dozen where you said something good about Lance or Fields.

R&S "Well Lawrence couldn't even walk away with 'W' vs Fields. Yet Fields "has risk". :unsure:
Oh I know about the " just one game" narrative. However this was a $$$ game that leads to the N.C. "

Did you use that narrative when Jones beat Fields in the actually N.C. Golly gee, what would cause you to be so hypocritical? It's a silly premise anyway but you'll pull anything out your ass to forward your agenda.

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the bears will trade up for this guy possibly a trade with the pats. Just watched 3 highlight videos of this dude. Everyone says he had a great support cast which he did. However the WR’s don’t throw to themselves. Look at his passes: in stride, perfect spiral, down field accuracy. What’s the problem with Jones?? I like him

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Why show and old Mason Rudolph video adi? What are trying to convey?

Biscuit

Liked Posts:
Yeah maybe Jones=Mason Rudolph.......or he may be another Matt Ryan

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Your whole post tells me you hardly think at all

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Bearly said:

He was projected as a one a long time ago and dumping on the white guy doesn't make the other ones look better.
Aren't you the guy that started a thread about signing Jamarcus Russell?

>>>> #34

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...MibMhKh_pVtrPVg&bvm=bv.47534661,d.aWc&cad=rja

In the link I POSTED above from Jun 9, 2013, there's info concerning Russell's weight.
But I get it, that doesn't fit your racialized narrative. And your continuing propensity to post outta context material.

The Jamarcus Russell try-out went well, however.....

"sources" say we might not sign him. The story and vid below gives a interesting look at Russell.
How does the statement above (?from Jun 9, 2013 ? ) TRANSLATE into ME, as you say being ....... " the guy that started a thread about signing Jamarcus Russell? "

And why didn't you say anything to Chicago Staleys for posting the pic ? He obviously didn't post it to flatter Jones. And what does Jones' RACE have to do with anything????

As per usual, you pull something totally outta context to SPIN and project your own personal narrative.
Here's what they said in the posts below.... OK?
>>>>> #2
>>>>> #5

You really need to go somewhere with YOUR personal projections of NEGATIVE racial / race BAITING narratives.

I notice u avoided a couple of my questions above. And my factual observations >>>#2 >>> #5

He had a history of being fat and out of shape 2 years before that work out, just like that Jones pic you hypocrite. Difference is that Jones was a college Freshman. Russel let himself go, was in poor condition and unwilling to work when he was getting paid for it and it mattered yet you were instantly willing to forgive him even though his history was to to take a pay check, get buzzed and then phone it in. There's a good reason that nobody signed him on his come back try. Have some more of that purple drank. Your bias is constantly on display. Making excuses for some player's failings while calling out others for the very same ones.

Show me a post where you said something good about Wilson or Jones and I'll show you a dozen where you said something good about Lance or Fields.

R&S "Well Lawrence couldn't even walk away with 'W' vs Fields. Yet Fields "has risk". :unsure:
Oh I know about the " just one game" narrative. However this was a $$$ game that leads to the N.C. "

Did you use that narrative when Jones beat Fields in the actually N.C. Golly gee, what would cause you to be so hypocritical? It's a silly premise anyway but you'll pull anything out your ass to forward your agenda.

In the 1st quote....ya took it outta context. Someone was pumping Lawrence and referring to Fields as a risk. In the next quote, I originally was talking about how OSU was putting pressure on Jones. But OC Steve Sarkisian, made the adjustment to a quick, short passing game to protect Jones. I made this comment during the game. And I said Nagy could learn from Steve Sarkisian.
-------------------------------------------------

run and shoot said:

If I were hiding his weight and or being bias, hypocritical etc. I wouldn't have posted the above article.

----------------
I've always been clear on Jones. He's not mobile enuff to help our OL.

Now as for your " Show me a post where you said something good about Wilson?"..................COMMENT. Lets take a look below, shall we..........

Mac Jones Projected 40 Time: 4.9. That's about as fast as some lineman.

What's Lawrence 4.6. -4.7 seconds and Zach Wilson's 4.79 -4.84, Sam Ehlinger best 4.7 See how that works? :unsure:
>>>>> #280

The above quote sticks with my theme of a mobile Qb. Note the three, I positively added to the discussion

Mobile QBs actually been around since the days of Fran Tarkenton & Rodger Staubach. The NFL has just been slow and resistant to evolve. But we agree, ya can't have a statue. Plus the talent on D is getting better, smarter and faster.

Yeah Zach Wilson and Lance (he had 0 INTS. so I know he can read D) are better fits for us. A later round pick might be Georgia, QB Jamie Newman. Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M and Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas are mid to late round picks that might be fits who I'd look at.
>>>>> #430

Justin Fields vs Zach Wilson

I'd give the edge to Fields. In 2019 ( during a normal season he had 41 tds. vs. 3 ints, ). Overall, this tells me can read D and make accurate passes.
Zach Wilson is doing well this yr. with only 2 picks

"cupcakes?" Many here have said Mond faced good competition.

I never said or promoted him as a "greatest ever" day 1 starter. I looked at both his stats, turnover rate and accomplishments ( see awards), as reasons to put him in the conversation as a rookie we could draft and develop.

Below are total numbers for some of the other prospects
Trask has 77 total tds 15ints. Mac Jones 58tds 7ints v Trevor Lawrence 108 tds 17ints (very good) , zach wilson 71tds 5ints Justin Fields. , 86tds 9ints, Jamie Newman , 45tds 16ints, Trey Lance 36tds 2ints, Davis Mills 21tds 8ints

So again.......
You really need to get outta here ... with YOUR personal projections of NEGATIVE racial / race BAITING narratives.

Last edited:

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Your whole post tells me you hardly think at all
What are the known facts.
Pace met with Seahawks GM in person. A deal didn't happen that day. From what I've read in here it would be more advantageous for the Seahawks to make the trade either during the draft (they can get additional 1st round pick) or after June 1st (I think I read they would save 14 million). The Seahawks need cap room but have not restructured Wilsons contact in any way which you think they would if they were keeping him around.
That's all we know. I'm not saying it's going to happen but I think the Pace is going to try his hardest to make a big qb move still and Wilson is still on the table as far as I know.
Don't be an ass.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bearly said:

He was projected as a one a long time ago and dumping on the white guy doesn't make the other ones look better.
Aren't you the guy that started a thread about signing Jamarcus Russell?

>>>> #34

I notice u avoided a couple of my questions above. And my factual observations >>>#2 >>> #5

In the 1st quote....ya took it outta context. Someone was pumping Lawrence and referring to Fields as a risk. In the next quote, I originally was talking about how OSU was putting pressure on Jones. But OC Steve Sarkisian, made the adjustment to a quick, short passing game to protect Jones. I made this comment during the game. And I said Nagy could learn from Steve Sarkisian.
-------------------------------------------------

run and shoot said:

If I were hiding his weight and or being bias, hypocritical etc. I wouldn't have posted the above article.

----------------
I've always been clear on Jones. He's not mobile enuff to help our OL.

Now as for your " Show me a post where you said something good about Wilson?"..................COMMENT. Lets take a look below, shall we..........

>>>>> #280

The above quote sticks with my theme of a mobile Qb. Note the three, I positively added to the discussion

>>>>> #430

So again.......
You really need to get outta here ... with YOUR personal projections of NEGATIVE racial / race BAITING narratives.

How about Trey vs Mitch. Both 1 year starters but Mitch threw about twice as many balls for 2000 more yards and was known to not throw picks yet you consistently brought up his lack of experience and fail in a bowl game (like with Lawrence). With Trey, all you ever talk about is his lack of picks and no mention of experience or level of competition other than to rationalize it.

Don't get me wrong, if we have an opportunity for Fields or Lance, I'm in big time but I also won't diminish the accomplishments of Jones or ignore Wilson. You agreeing with Mack Jones as this year's McCarron was comical.
"good analysis A.J. McCarron ouch". By the way, Jones has a better 40 than Jamarcus Russell. I guess mobility wasn't a thing for you back then. Your parameters for goodness change based on something other than football. For the record, I hated McCarron in any round.

Have some more purple drank.

You can now do your post # nonsense that no one will even attempt to follow or read and I'll let this get back on track.

Last edited:

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A trade up for Jones may very well happen. Dane Brugler just updated his top 100 and Jones is sitting there at 23. Lance is 7 and Fields 8. Mills is 98. Mond didn't make the list.

I think interest in Jones starts at 8 with Carolina. Matt Rhule liked him a lot at the Senior Bowl. You also have to watch out for NE at 15 and WFT at 19. Maybe a team like Denver looks at him at 9. Atlanta at number 4 is too high but with QBs you never know.

So to trade up you're looking at the Chargers at 13. Dallas at 10. Broncos at 9. If Jones gets past the Pats, I would definitely jump over WFT. Miami at 18 should be a willing partner.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
First, I just want to know what is separating Jones from Trask by such a huge margin?

One thing I will say for Jones, is I always thought the concerns about his lack of athleticism were unwarranted. He showed it at his pro day, but I'm not sure where the narrative that he was a statue in the pocket game from. But anyway, that's where the difference is between Jones and Trask for me. Jones can stand in the pocket and take a hit, waiting for the last second for a pattern to develop. Trask crumbles at the sight of pressure. He's a true statue. Also, I think Jones has the better arm between the two, and has demonstrated a much better deep ball and better timing.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Sure looking like Jones is SF's target and he will go #3. Lance probably to Atl or Carolina in a trade. Leaving only Fields for someone to trade up for.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he will be gone to 49ers

Luke

Liked Posts:
FWIW, I found these stats about how the QB's play under pressure/Blitzed. Jones excels here too.

Let's put Jones' numbers in context. The FBS average for QBR under pressure last season was 10.0, and no other QB in this exercise exceeded 44 (which is, by the way, also a great result). Yet Jones -- who was pressured 101 times last year, averaging 11.1 yards per attempt and throwing 13 TDs to only two interceptions on those plays -- managed to hit 78.3. Joe Burrow is the only first-round quarterback over the past decade to post a better number in a collegiate season (82.6).

Who can extend plays under duress?
Under Pressure Over Past 13 Starts

QBTOTAL QBR
PRESSURED
QBTOTAL QBR
BLITZED
Mac Jones78.3Jones97.3
Zach Wilson44.0Wilson94.5
Kyle Trask37.5Trask86.9
Trevor Lawrence33.4Book82.4
Ian Book28.2Fields81.1
Davis Mills27.2Ehlinger74.4
Jamie Newman24.3Mond73.1
Justin Fields22.6Mills72.9
Kellen Mond21.2Lawrence69.6
Sam Ehlinger15.3Buechele65.1
Feleipe Franks13.8Newman63.4
Shane Buechele11.0Franks48.5
2020 FBS averages: 10.0 under pressure, 63.5 when blitzed

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Sure looking like Jones is SF's target and he will go #3. Lance probably to Atl or Carolina in a trade. Leaving only Fields for someone to trade up for.
I'd love a trade up for Fields. Like him better than taking a chance on Darnold, but I still think Darnold is a long time starting QB in the NFL.