I Wanted to See Glennon Start the Whole Season.... BUT.....

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
DAMN He's playing bad!!!

I knew he didn't have the talent of Cutler... but I hoped he could at least help move and protect the ball.. enabling our running game and defense to keep the team competitive ... even if we lost... be competitive! Keep the team moral up so that they could go into next year on a positive vibe knowing that they were just a piece or two... one being the QB... away from being a play off contender.

But right now he's playing like the butt love child of Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman... and I'm not talking their few good attributes. Its like everything we saw from each of them which was negative.. he's doing both. He can't throw anything with accuracy over 10 yards.. i.e. Orton.... he's not recognizing defenses and making stupid turn overs like Grossman. I don't compare to Cutler because he doesn't have the talent to over come his liabilities.

Time to put Trubs out there... let him pop his NFL cherry. the team may still lose behind him... but at least his mistakes would be the type made by a rookie and expected... not those due to a lack of talent. And I would hope to see flashes of what he will be in the near future. Glennon may have had something when he was in Tampa.. but he forgot to pack it and bring it with him to Chicago.

wally chambers

Liked Posts:
I was in the same Boat. I really REALLY wanted Glennon to be good and could be used for trade bait of a maybe a 4th rounder. At this point we would have to give some else a draft pick to take him off our hands.

As fans I think the the next week before Minn game will be the most anticipated mystery for a long time, Texans waited 1/2 game one before they broke out their new toy. I think our patience after 4 games is about over.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
DAMN He's playing bad!!!

I knew he didn't have the talent of Cutler... but I hoped he could at least help move and protect the ball.. enabling our running game and defense to keep the team competitive ... even if we lost... be competitive! Keep the team moral up so that they could go into next year on a positive vibe knowing that they were just a piece or two... one being the QB... away from being a play off contender.

But right now he's playing like the butt love child of Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman... and I'm not talking their few good attributes. Its like everything we saw from each of them which was negative.. he's doing both. He can't throw anything with accuracy over 10 yards.. i.e. Orton.... he's not recognizing defenses and making stupid turn overs like Grossman. I don't compare to Cutler because he doesn't have the talent to over come his liabilities.

Time to put Trubs out there... let him pop his NFL cherry. the team may still lose behind him... but at least his mistakes would be the type made by a rookie and expected... not those due to a lack of talent. And I would hope to see flashes of what he will be in the near future. Glennon may have had something when he was in Tampa.. but he forgot to pack it and bring it with him to Chicago.
Well, at least one of the Glennon apologists has finally admitted what everyone else has been saying since basically since before the season started: Glennon sucks and there is zero reason to continue sending him out on the field.

I wonder what happens with the rest of Glennon apologists?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone needs to convince him to take a knee during the national anthem...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think Trubisky will start soon, if not next week. Fox's job is on the line, and depending on how Trubisky performs, Pace could get canned too.

Hate to say it when the board is feeling down, but I don't have high expectations for Trubisky either. If Glennon & his agent were able to snow Pace for the price they got for Glennon's services, what makes anyone believe Pace, Fox, & their scouts, got it right by trading up one spot for Trubisky? We probably got gamed by the 49ers in the draft.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
DAMN He's playing bad!!!

By this point in his career, Orton would at least threaten downfield, and move decently in the pocket.

Kyle’s 4th year in the league...

[video=youtube;Elqd-xt8SDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elqd-xt8SDQ[/video]

Able to make multiple reads.
Not stare down his receivers
Not suffocate the running game, due to a lack of deep passes
Move in the pocket.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
you're a good man. here ya go.

eat-crow.bmp

mecha

Liked Posts:
By this point in his career, Orton would at least threaten downfield, and move decently in the pocket.

Kyle’s 4th year in the league...

[video=youtube;Elqd-xt8SDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elqd-xt8SDQ[/video]

Able to make multiple reads.
Not stare down his receivers
Not suffocate the running game, due to a lack of deep passes
Move in the pocket.

people forget this Orton. the 2009 Broncos were on a tear for a time. 2008 Orton wasn't that bad either. he wasn't a "mental midget" like Grossman at least.

I would take Grossman back right now, and I fucking hate him. I hate him and his overrated "deep ball to Berrian". at least he could throw far. there isn't even a good/bad Glennon, he's just terrible in every facet. I'll say again, even his fucking handoffs on running plays are a joke.

this is the Chicago Bears though. they don't even settle for mediocrity. they settle for embarrassment. Glennon's starting against the Vikings. live with it.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Glennon is the most irritating QB I have ever watched. Everything he does is slow and annoying, even when he hands the ball off. The only thing he does quickly is check the ball down to a RB. Many times I see he has no pressure but still gets rid the ball to a RB with a defender on his back. He may be a nice guy but damn, this fool needs to stay on the bench.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The Vikings defense will crush his soul if he comes out starting, he won't be able to show his face on a football field again after they get done with him. Packers defense is garbage and made Glennon look like a deer in headlights with his tunnel vision, he had no clue what was going on

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Ortman, the love child of Rex and Kyle was the good of both, Rex's arm and Orton's head.
This is the demon spawn.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
DAMN He's playing bad!!!

His play is Todd Collins bad

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither Howard or Cohen touched the ball in the third quarter. WTH.

Username

Liked Posts:
Neither Howard or Cohen touched the ball in the third quarter. WTH.

that's because Loggains went to his "Just throw the ball" panic mode game plan. He forgot Glennon can't throw and even if he could there is no one to throw to.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Meh, I'm fine with him starting. It's time for him to go though. He's been bad even by Bears QB standards. He bought Trubisky some time to get the preparation, but a new era should start next week. It's a perfect time. Eleven days to game plan, at home, division rival, & primetime. Toss him to the wolves and see how he responds.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Glennon was supposed to protect the ball and instead has turned it over as bad as Cutler at Cutler's worst. Without the upside of downfield throws and mobility.
Yes, the receivers are shit. The fact is it would be hard for Mitch to do worse or even "as" bad.

I think it comes down to the conversations behind the scenes we are not privy to.
Are the big wigs over Pace in agreement with the coaches to burn with Glennon since the rest of the team is already racked with injuries and still in need of vital pieces.
Allowing for a better draft position and another year to recover? Or are jobs on the line?

If the big wigs are fine with burning this year then take the draft position. Getting the highest OLB/DB rd 1 and best WR rd 2 to give Mitch a clean slate to roll on.
If jobs are on the line then Mitch needs to start vs Minny.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I love Glennon. He's turnover prone just like Cutler, without any ability whatsoever. It's really fun to watch.

CHECK DOWN, CHICAGO BEARS!
Make every play clear the way to punting!

you should change your avatar from Mannning to Fox and Glennon. That would be great.