I went to Vegas for the Draft. Some notes...

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of you know I went to Vegas for the draft.

Overall, it was pretty fun as hell. I didn't go to the actual draft itself (beers were $11, it was too crowded, no seats either). Instead, I hung out with friends playing video poker (made $1,200!), had free beer, and the draft was on the TV right in front of us. Perfect scenario.

The most jerseys seen were Raiders, Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks, and 49ers. Only one Jets, didn't see any Jags, hardly any Bears either.

The Bears fans I did meet were pretty cool as hell. I talked to some Lions fans and told them I wish them some success in their future - they suffered for far too long, lets be honest. They appreciated it and wished us the best of luck as well.

Green Bay Packers fans - I was ready to talk shit - HOWEVER... Almost every single one I met were pretty cool. They said they hope we finally got the QB position right and they'd love to make it a more meaningful rivalry these days (aka more competitive). They don't know how to feel about the GM/HC yet. But pretty cool they (well, the ones I met anyways) were wishing US well. So because of that, I had no choice but keep it nice and clean with them, ha.

Vikings fans, on the other side, were pretty shitty. They act like they are the best team in the NFC. Even I would disagree with that (GB, Bucs, just to name a couple).

I met a Chargers fan and I told him to take care of Khalil Mack. He was a nice guy.

Other fans I met were pretty cool from various teams. I avoided the KC fans as I was wearing a Fields jersey and I was afraid to hear that shit talk again about how we should've taken Mahomes instead of Trubisky.

Speaking of Trubisky, I saw a guy with a Trubisky jersey... Steelers version. Nice guy.

I also saw a guy wearing a "Cutler makes me drink" shirt.

My buddy is a high roller, so he got us wristbands to the exclusive draft party at the Caesar's Forum. Free beer and drinks. So we hung out there for most of Day 3 (we already had other plans Day 1 and 2). It was a really cool experience and I got a nice picture of me with the VIP pass around my neck, lol.

Overall, the NFL Draft in Vegas was well worth the experience, so I will be going again the next time the Draft is in Vegas. Absolutely, 100% for sure. I recommend it for you too if you enjoy football, beers, food, and winning some money!!! I mean, basically, it is two of my favorite things mixed together - the NFL and Las Vegas. Can't get any better than that!!!

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I bet it would be a good time. One of the few times the rivalries drop away for a bit and everyone can be mutual fans.

I think the booing of Goodell is getting old. Certainly made his fair share of mistakes but its trashy when this is the highlight of a bunch of young mens lives drowned out by booing somebody. Tacky IMO.

Dick Jauron

Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet it would be a good time. One of the few times the rivalries drop away for a bit and everyone can be mutual fans.

I think the booing of Goodell is getting old. Certainly made his fair share of mistakes but its trashy when this is the highlight of a bunch of young mens lives drowned out by booing somebody. Tacky IMO.

Oh, that reminds me. I was taking a stroll on Las Vegas Blvd. when I saw a press conference beginning. They were in the middle of renaming the Strip "Draft Drive" or something like that. Pretty cool seeing Mark Davis standing only about 5 yards away. He actually looked presentable!

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Some of you know I went to Vegas for the draft.

Overall, it was pretty fun as hell. I didn't go to the actual draft itself (beers were $11, it was too crowded, no seats either). Instead, I hung out with friends playing video poker (made $1,200!), had free beer, and the draft was on the TV right in front of us. Perfect scenario.

The most jerseys seen were Raiders, Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks, and 49ers. Only one Jets, didn't see any Jags, hardly any Bears either.

The Bears fans I did meet were pretty cool as hell. I talked to some Lions fans and told them I wish them some success in their future - they suffered for far too long, lets be honest. They appreciated it and wished us the best of luck as well.

Green Bay Packers fans - I was ready to talk shit - HOWEVER... Almost every single one I met were pretty cool. They said they hope we finally got the QB position right and they'd love to make it a more meaningful rivalry these days (aka more competitive). They don't know how to feel about the GM/HC yet. But pretty cool they (well, the ones I met anyways) were wishing US well. So because of that, I had no choice but keep it nice and clean with them, ha.

Vikings fans, on the other side, were pretty shitty. They act like they are the best team in the NFC. Even I would disagree with that (GB, Bucs, just to name a couple).

I met a Chargers fan and I told him to take care of Khalil Mack. He was a nice guy.

Other fans I met were pretty cool from various teams. I avoided the KC fans as I was wearing a Fields jersey and I was afraid to hear that shit talk again about how we should've taken Mahomes instead of Trubisky.

Speaking of Trubisky, I saw a guy with a Trubisky jersey... Steelers version. Nice guy.

I also saw a guy wearing a "Cutler makes me drink" shirt.

My buddy is a high roller, so he got us wristbands to the exclusive draft party at the Caesar's Forum. Free beer and drinks. So we hung out there for most of Day 3 (we already had other plans Day 1 and 2). It was a really cool experience and I got a nice picture of me with the VIP pass around my neck, lol.

Overall, the NFL Draft in Vegas was well worth the experience, so I will be going again the next time the Draft is in Vegas. Absolutely, 100% for sure. I recommend it for you too if you enjoy football, beers, food, and winning some money!!! I mean, basically, it is two of my favorite things mixed together - the NFL and Las Vegas. Can't get any better than that!!!
I highly recommend anyone that is an NFL fan to do it at least once. I went when it was in TN with 3 friends. It was a blast. There was a queue to get next to the stage. Our number was called for us to go down there but it started to rain so we went back to the condo which was maybe a block away around pick 10 or so and finished it there. We were right behind the ESPN booth for picks 1-10. Great time.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
What restaurants did you enjoy?

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I worked the event. The amount of people that attended was nuts. Fortunately the only real hot day was on Saturday. I worked in the VIP draft tent for the first two days. I snapped a picture of Forte making the Bears pic in the 2nd round, although I wish I had zoomed. Pretty cool seeing Ice Cube on the second night. I saw a few Bears fans, but couldn't believe the amount of Broncos, Eagles, and Vikings fans that were there. It was a great experience. I only wish that I was able to break away more and check out the green room inside or the legends tent. Too lazy to resize all the images to make them fit.

Attachments

• IMG_8062.jpg
    IMG_8062.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 12

Dick Jauron

Donator
Liked Posts:
What restaurants did you enjoy?

Lawry's, Pizza Rock (downtown), Chicago Brewing Co. (killer garlic knots), Pampas (Brazilian steakhouse).

Dick Jauron

Donator
Liked Posts:
I worked the event. The amount of people that attended was nuts. Fortunately the only real hot day was on Saturday. I worked in the VIP draft tent for the first two days. I snapped a picture of Forte making the Bears pic in the 2nd round, although I wish I had zoomed. Pretty cool seeing Ice Cube on the second night. I saw a few Bears fans, but couldn't believe the amount of Broncos, Eagles, and Vikings fans that were there. It was a great experience. I only wish that I was able to break away more and check out the green room inside or the legends tent. Too lazy to resize all the images to make them fit.

Could you have gotten me in?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know the NFL wanted to make the draft a touring event, but really Las Vegas is such a perfect host city...I would just set up there full time like they used to do in NYC.

No one wants to go to Cleveland or Philadelphia.

Dick Jauron

Donator
Liked Posts:
I know the NFL wanted to make the draft a touring event, but really Las Vegas is such a perfect host city...I would just set up there full time like they used to do in NYC.

No one wants to go to Cleveland or Philadelphia.

No arguments there, but I don't think that'll happen. I wouldn't object as I would have a yearly trip to enjoy, ha.

I'm in the middle of responding to comments made on my trip report (20 pages to go through) on another site.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Oh, that reminds me. I was taking a stroll on Las Vegas Blvd. when I saw a press conference beginning. They were in the middle of renaming the Strip "Draft Drive" or something like that. Pretty cool seeing Mark Davis standing only about 5 yards away. He actually looked presentable!
giphy.gif

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Green Bay Packers fans - I was ready to talk shit - HOWEVER...
Lol, talk shit about what? The Bears have beat the Packers three times in the last decade (and Rodgers was injured for one of those games).
Even I would disagree with that (GB, Bucs, just to name a couple).
That’s it? Those are the only teams in the NFC better than the Vikings?

Oh, so you can dish it out but can’t take it. Interesting.

Also, you literally could have done everything you did in Vegas back home. You went all the way out there to play poker and watch TV. Lol

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, talk shit about what? The Bears have beat the Packers three times in the last decade (and Rodgers was injured for one of those games).

That’s it? Those are the only teams in the NFC better than the Vikings?

Oh, so you can dish it out but can’t take it. Interesting.

Also, you literally could have done everything you did in Vegas back home. You went all the way out there to play poker and watch TV. Lol
Don't stress it, Vegas is ADA accessible.