I will never understand if Dalton doesnt start next week if the decision isn't literally tied to his health alone and not other reasons as we have

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I will never understand if Dalton doesnt start next week if the decision isn't literally tied to his health alone and not other reasons as we have been told by Naggy in his pressers so far this week.

I mean are you kidding me? He has a bruise literally a "shiner" on his knee and nothing else to be seen as was seen by the MRI according to bears twitter so there is no reason why a bruise would keep someone from playing the brusing sport of football when it isn't a tear a pull or a break but literally just a owie which I'm sure hurts because it hurt enough for them to refuse to play him going forward from the incident which bruised him but now we know and nobody gets held out of starting a game over a bruise even a bad bruise unless there are other reasons at play here.

Are there any other reasons at play here? Answer is no if Naggy isn't lying, because he said if Dalton is healthy then he plays. A BRUISE IS HEALTHIER THAN MOST OTHER INJURIES AND THOSE OTHER GUYS PLAY WITH THOSE INJURIES!

If Naggy holds Dalton out of playing due to a bruise he will literally lose the locker room I mean are you kidding me?

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
I literally think there is much you will literally never fully understand but I’ll clue you in on 1 thing; the literal name of the literal head coach of the Chicago Bears is Nagy. I’m literally not even kidding you on that.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Bone Bruise - Health Encyclopedia - University of Rochester Medical Center

Symptoms of a bone bruise can include:
  • Pain and tenderness in the injured area
  • Swelling in the area and soft tissues around it
  • Hard lump in the area
  • Change in color of the injured area
  • Swelling of an injured joint
  • Stiffness of an injured joint
This pain is often more severe and lasts longer than a soft tissue injury. How severe your symptoms are and how long they last depend on how severe the bone bruise is.
You'd have to think Andy would be out there if he could. He's not an idiot. If Fields gets another crack at starting there's a very real chance Andy rides the pine for the rest of the year.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will never understand if Dalton doesnt start next week if the decision isn't literally tied to his health alone and not other reasons as we have been told by Naggy in his pressers so far this week.
Too many double negatives. Seems like even you forget the directive of the supposition when using them

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Wasn't the whole, super-long-for-no-reason-thread-title fad done like...early summer?

Bone bruise =/= regular black/blue bruise. He tried to come back in the game and obviously something was wrong, so Fields finished the game and may start later this week. No need to overreact to the obvious.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The replay shows he 'tweaked' his knee himself. The bone slipped via one or more ligaments ? A bone impact must of occurred on a different play.

Anyways I am happy to let the rookie play his way to maturity

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
Wasn't the whole, super-long-for-no-reason-thread-title fad done like...early summer?

Bone bruise =/= regular black/blue bruise. He tried to come back in the game and obviously something was wrong, so Fields finished the game and may start later this week. No need to overreact to the obvious.
Okay so now you're telling me that they grade bruises by colour and that he could miss time depending on how dark the bruise is? Is this an actural thing or are you literally talking out of a hole where the sun is never shining?

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
The replay shows he 'tweaked' his knee himself. The bone slipped via one or more ligaments ? A bone impact must of occurred on a different play.

Anyways I am happy to let the rookie play his way to maturity
It doesn't matter at all what you saw on your television set it is literally inside the MRI machine where the facts come out of and the fact of the matter is that it is a bruise and nothing more and that is all that matters. It's a golly danged BRUISE!!!!

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's the 'perfect' excuse to allow the Org to let Fields come out and show us if he deserves to stay a starter or not

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

I mean are you kidding me? He has a bruise literally a "shiner" on his knee and nothing else to be seen as was seen by the MRI according to bears twitter so there is no reason why a bruise would keep someone from playing the brusing sport of football when it isn't a tear a pull or a break but literally just a owie which I'm sure hurts because it hurt enough for them to refuse to play him going forward from the incident which bruised him but now we know and nobody gets held out of starting a game over a bruise even a bad bruise unless there are other reasons at play here.

Are there any other reasons at play here? Answer is no if Naggy isn't lying, because he said if Dalton is healthy then he plays. A BRUISE IS HEALTHIER THAN MOST OTHER INJURIES AND THOSE OTHER GUYS PLAY WITH THOSE INJURIES!

If Naggy holds Dalton out of playing due to a bruise he will literally lose the locker room I mean are you kidding me?

What makes you think Andy Dalton is so good??..... and Fields is not ready now?? One game?? You mean yesterday?? With the guy playing with a chip on his shoulder because he was going against his Ex. team?? Did you see him last week? Was he so great against the Rams? Has he been so great for the last 3/4 years OF HIS CAREER??

Lets not make Andy Dalton some great savior of the franchise because he played a good half of football against his old team.... and discard Fields because the Rookie showed some Rookie growing pains. With a little help Fields could just have easily have been 9 of 13 with 2 TD's and 1 pick. Not too shabby.

Look, from most all objective reports, after the first week of the Rookie getting his feet wet, these two guys played to pretty much a standoff in training camp. I have heard many reporters say that. Some have even said that Fields had started to out-play Dalton the longer camp went on. Not sure about that but you get what I am saying - it was close.

When you add in the fact that this is clearly Justin Field's franchise to take into the future, and you look at how many Rookies are getting their feet wet NOW and how important it is for these guys to now play on their Rookie contracts and get acclimated to the pro game.... don't make it out to be some major injustice if Andy Dalton is on the bench.

I am not saying that will happen.... but again, if it does, I can see the rationale for it.

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
What makes you think Andy Dalton is so good??..... and Fields is not ready now?? One game?? You mean yesterday?? With the guy playing with a chip on his shoulder because he was going against his Ex. team?? Did you see him last week? Was he so great against the Rams? Has he been so great for the last 3/4 years OF HIS CAREER??

Lets not make Andy Dalton some great savior of the franchise because he played a good half of football against his old team.... and discard Fields because the Rookie showed some Rookie growing pains. With a little help Fields could just have easily have been 9 of 13 with 2 TD's and 1 pick. Not too shabby.

Look, from most all objective reports, after the first week of the Rookie getting his feet wet, these two guys played to pretty much a standoff in training camp. I have heard many reporters say that. Some have even said that Fields had started to out-play Dalton the longer camp went on. Not sure about that but you get what I am saying - it was close.

When you add in the fact that this is clearly Justin Field's franchise to take into the future, and you look at how many Rookies are getting their feet wet NOW and how important it is for these guys to now play on their Rookie contracts and get acclimated to the pro game.... don't make it out to be some major injustice if Andy Dalton is on the bench.

I am not saying that will happen.... but again, if it does, I can see the rationale for it.
Please show me where I ever claimed that Andrew Dalton is good or better than Justin Feilds because that isn't even what this thread is about its literally about what Naggy said and whether or not he will start or be benched due to injury and now the injury has been diagnosed to be literally just a bruise which means he is going to start because nobody in the NFL is skipping games due to being bruised hahahaha!

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Please show me where I ever claimed that Andrew Dalton is good or better than Justin Feilds because that isn't even what this thread is about its literally about what Naggy said and whether or not he will start or be benched due to injury and now the injury has been diagnosed to be literally just a bruise which means he is going to start because nobody in the NFL is skipping games due to being bruised hahahaha!

I am at work my friend -- multi-tasking. If I misunderstood what you were getting at... my bad. But lets address what you just said -- do you really think you can trust Nagy?? Come on guy. Judging by your avatar you look to be a little older than a kid (no offense intended).... first lesson they teach kids, don't trust grownups you don't know. That goes double for Matt Nagy. You can't believe much of anything the guy says.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Most of the NFL universe thinks Fields can be THE guy.

If Nagy plays him and they still suck on offense, good bye Nagy.

But if Nagy doesn't play Fields, it buys him time... We sucked, but we didn't play Fields 100%. So let me do this later (and save my job now.)

The Bears, the fans, Fields, deserve a better coach who knows how to run an offense.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

Not sure how to approach this, We don't have a copy of the results of the MRI, it has been reported this morning the Dalton has a bone bruise, but no ligament damage. A bruised bone is not the same as a "shiner" a portion of the bone has been damaged causing weakness and pain. There are several reasons you don't play due to injury, one, it could make the injury worse and two, it could lead to other injuries. We don't have enough info to know just the full extent of the injury so jumping to conclusions will get us nowhere.

VickAshley✅️verified

Liked Posts:
Not sure how to approach this, We don't have a copy of the results of the MRI, it has been reported this morning the Dalton has a bone bruise, but no ligament damage. A bruised bone is not the same as a "shiner" a portion of the bone has been damaged causing weakness and pain. There are several reasons you don't play due to injury, one, it could make the injury worse and two, it could lead to other injuries. We don't have enough info to know just the full extent of the injury so jumping to conclusions will get us nowhere.
Um excuse me but how can you make a bruise worse unless you literally got hit right on top of precisely the location of which underneath is where the original bruise is located? That would literally be like winning the lottery or being struck by lightning striking as far as statistical probability or even less probable then those two circumstances maybe even less probable than getting winning lottery numbers while simultaneously being struck by lightning at the same time I mean are you kidding me?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Shouldn't you be in English 101 right now......literally??

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Um excuse me but how can you make a bruise worse unless you literally got hit right on top of precisely the location of which underneath is where the original bruise is located? That would literally be like winning the lottery or being struck by lightning striking as far as statistical probability or even less probable then those two circumstances maybe even less probable than getting winning lottery numbers while simultaneously being struck by lightning at the same time I mean are you kidding me?
Let me see if I can help you here, it is not hitting the same spot again that is the problem, the problem is stress on the injured area. We don't know what part of which bone is dinged, but if a bone is bruised it is damaged and weakened. Playing on that injury may be possible if the pain allows performance. Sometimes you can't play through pain because the body won't allow the body part to function, to allow the body part time to heal (like when a sprained ankle swells up, that is the body casting itself). so bone bruises can be very problematic. If it is a deep contusion, it could take weeks, if it is more superficial it could be day to day. I will wait for more info before getting excited about it.