I would rather bring Trubisky back over most these FA QB

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is not gonna ever be a Chicago Bear again.

Nick Foles will be your starting quarterback opening game this season.
With any luck Foles gets injured before the season starts.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So you want to pay more money when we already have a mediocre QB on the roster?

No thanks. Would rather roll with a retread or Nick Foles

I have no desire to see foles take a snap for this organization again.

Mitch sucks but he will not cost a lot. I'll be shocked if he makes above 10m+ per year. My guess is he gets the mariota deal, which, is not a bad one for this team.

I'd rather see us start fresh and get a better QB, but I also don't want to trade away assets for guys who aren't improvements or minimal improvements.

Either way, mitch isn't gonna happen. Pace/Nagy are desperate, no way they stick with the two bums who got them into this mess.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Please name one QB that develop/improved here in Chicago.

It's Mitchell, and that was with fraud coaches in Fox, Loggains, Nagy and Ragone. go back further and see that Cutler got worst when he came here, got hit to man times. Glennon when to shit, Sanchez didnt want it...etc. al. I don't want Nagy & CO. coaching a new rookie QB at all.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That is a silly argument because you are comparing him to vets. A rookie had more chance to improvent than a vet. Not to mention the fact is he regressed from 2018.

Advanced metrics would also say he was better his rookie year under Fox but was hurt by Kendall Wright and Josh Bellamy being his best WRs.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
i think Mitchell ends up coming back here, Pace and Nagy is gonna come out the day after resigning MT and tell us that Mitchell knows the system, the locker room loves him.. oh and it's a QB most fans dont want. mitchell has a beard, FFS. Also he pounds beers on national TV, wears his hats backwards, ect al.

No teams are talking about mitchell and media-wise so far nobody has placed mitchell anywhere beside one writer/analysis/know-it-all-prick thinks bears will resign him, no QB wants to come here, Nagy is the coach & FFS the play caller or not.
The writing it on the wall if Bears dont get Watson..
if not then we'll suck badly next season, fire everyone hopefully and find/hire our staff and get a QB worth a damn without fucking mortgaging the future.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Mitch is trash his stats are trash he makes this organization trash. He is not even a average QB. Bears fans that want this guy are part of the problem. 2018 his great year 8 of his wins against sub .500 teams including the lions and vikings twice record 12-5. 2019 record 8-8, five wins against sub .500 and the barely even cowboys. 2020 record 8-9 seven wins against below .500 teams and a buccaneers win early on. Where is the fukin proof u speak of?!? Having something is better than nothing approach is how we got in this fukin predicament. Cut him loose let him and us try luck elsewhere. The NFL boneyard is littered with Heisman trophy one and dones and u are swinging hard on this one year starter's huevos!! Get fukin real already. If you had service like this at Dennys you'd never go back and yet you pay this backup millions just to tickle your pickles year in and out. False hope false promises false stats and false ass SB wins is all you have and will get here.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Besides Watson, is there anyone reasonably available that will make a big difference over MT? Foles? Mariota? Carr? Dalton? Fiztpatrick? The Bears aren't one of these quarterbacks away from SB contention. They will have to expend draft capital to trade up (again) and screw up future drafts to get a good QB in the draft. Anyone trust Pace to pick another QB in the first round? Pace and Nagy have already fucked up the situation. It isn't going to get better next year. And, by then, I would bet this issue becomes some other GM's problem.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Dalton is defintley better then Mitch and would be cheaper. So is Winston. It blows my mind people still believe Mitch is easily the best FA available. Only dumb homer bears fans would think that.
Mitch offers much more with his legs over Dalton and have seen his decline for the last 3-4 years. Winston is complete trash. TRASH.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's easier for me to name QBs id rather see Mitch play over than vice versa. Here is that list.

1614204223163.png
The end.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Mitch offers much more with his legs over Dalton and have seen his decline for the last 3-4 years. Winston is complete trash. TRASH.
Mitchs legs are extremely overrated. He hasn't been the same since he injured his shoulder the first time and plays scared unless he's playing a bum ass team. He only had 80 more rushing yards then Andy Dalton who has never been known for mobility last season. His 2019 season he had the same amount of rushing yards despite playing in 2 more games.

Biscuit

Liked Posts:
Besides Watson, is there anyone reasonably available that will make a big difference over MT? Foles? Mariota? Carr? Dalton? Fiztpatrick? The Bears aren't one of these quarterbacks away from SB contention. They will have to expend draft capital to trade up (again) and screw up future drafts to get a good QB in the draft. Anyone trust Pace to pick another QB in the first round? Pace and Nagy have already fucked up the situation. It isn't going to get better next year. And, by then, I would bet this issue becomes some other GM's problem.

I‘d like to see Fitzpatrick signed for a year. Then draft Trask and put him in bubble wrap for a year, while making moves to upgrade the O-line. Trask should be available at#20, no need to move up in the draft.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Mitchs legs are extremely overrated. He hasn't been the same since he injured his shoulder the first time and plays scared unless he's playing a bum ass team. He only had 80 more rushing yards then Andy Dalton who has never been known for mobility last season. His 2019 season he had the same amount of rushing yards despite playing in 2 more games.

Exactly which is why we are moving on and the fact that you still have people who cant see that is pretty crazy . Hes basically devolved in the one area that gave him an advantage

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Not really referring to rushing yards but extending passing plays bc of not having a dominant offensive line