I would rather bring Trubisky back over most these FA QB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
So after months of this bs talk and everyone hating on Mitch most of you are coming back to Mitch. If anyone believed all these fairy tale rumors or reliable source stories should invest in Gamestop. These young writers source is more than likely a janitor cleaning an office. Bears are not going to make a big splash in a free agent or a trade. Just read a story by Peter King about how the Bears can't afford Watson. He had some crazy trade dealing with the Panthers giving up McCaffery in a 7 for1 trade. Gosh it took less to trade for Babe Ruth and I know Watson is no Babe.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Foles and Trubisky operated pretty much the same, roughly, maybe slight edge to Trubisky. they already have Foles. I think it would be nonsense to tie up more money in another Foles-like player. let Trubisky go. if Foles weren't already locked in I would be a proponent for bringing him back on the cheap and draft another quarterback to sit behind him.

it's a bad situation all around, they're gonna have to suck it in 2021, barring they somehow magically become good. this is taking into account the giant question mark that's Robinson. he's probably going to wind up walking. Mooney may be great and Miller is 50/50 there, but getting even a powerhouse quarterback to work within those parameters is equivalent to Cutler going from the Broncos to Hester/skinny Knox getting DB molested every play. it's a drop off. so let go of Watson too.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it would depend on how much the OP was willing to pay for him. I don't see any point in spending 10 mill + on a Qb you know will at best get you a WC and one and done in the playoff's if your lucky.

Reactions: DC

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Trask more than Lance.
I don't but you may be right. Drafting QBs is hard.

Had Mitch played great in those last two games where instead, he panicked, spaced out and turtled, I thought Pace would do whatever it took to secure Mitch for another year. Now I think he likely still tries to bring him back but will avoid an overpay unless he plans another smokescreen.

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Mitch isn’t gonna play here after being scapegoated by fuckface and bald Julius.
I agree that he doesn't want to play here but his name is not being mentioned in any rumors so this may be his best bet. Time will tell

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
have you seen Matt Ryan play without Julio Jones in the lineup?
Yes but not sure why it’s directed at me. Not saying anything about his QB play just that he won’t be available this year for cap reasons.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
You are correct OP, with the exception of Matt Ryan.

Not giving away draft picks allows the Bears to upgrade at least one OT position and draft an OL depth player and a QB somewhere in the mix.

Trubisky had a 2-1 TD-INT ratio and a 93.5 QBR last season. Its close enough to average that it hasn't been as easy to upgrade him as many posters thought.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not giving away draft picks allows the Bears to upgrade at least one OT position and draft an OL depth player and a QB somewhere in the mix.

Trubisky had a 2-1 TD-INT ratio and a 93.5 QBR last season. Its close enough to average that it hasn't been as easy to upgrade him as many posters thought.

Meh, he was being checkdown charlie when amassing those stats, with one of the lowest YPR of the league.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If you are keeping him, you might as well trade Mooney.

Foles was 17 for 41 throwing deep overall or 41%. Trubs was 6 for 33 for an embarrassing 18%. This is the biggest reason Trubs needs to go. He is a direct threat to Mooney's progression and value. He is a historically bad deep passer. In fact, of all the QBs this year with at least 19 deep attempts, Trubs was actually the worst in terms of accuracy out of 39 QBs. I kid you not. He was 39 out of 39. He was worst throwing deep than Haskins, Darnold, or any shitty QB you can imagine. What makes this more embarrassing is his opponents are skewed since he missed the better defenses we faced due to his benching. So his league worst deep accuracy was acquired against some of the worst defenses in the NFL outside of Green Bay.

have you seen Matt Ryan play without Julio Jones in the lineup?

See above about Trubs throwing deep. Ryan was 19 for 36 throwing to Ridley. That is over 50%. Mooney only had 4 catchable balls out of 23. If Trubs could hit Mooney 50% of the time like Ryan hit Ridley, Mooney would be a 1k yard WR.

So I will say again, anyone that has any desire to see Mooney reach his full potential should wish for Trubs to be gone. He is simply an all-time worst deep passer.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
See above about Trubs throwing deep. Ryan was 19 for 36 throwing to Ridley. That is over 50%. Mooney only had 4 catchable balls out of 23. If Trubs could hit Mooney 50% of the time like Ryan hit Ridley, Mooney would be a 1k yard WR.

So I will say again, anyone that has any desire to see Mooney reach his full potential should wish for Trubs to be gone. He is simply an all-time worst deep passer.
19 for 36 throwing to ridley with or without Jones in the lineup...of course the number 2 can go off while number 1 is being doubled or assigned the best cover corner

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Going to be a lot of disappointed people on this board. Trubisky is not going to be on the team next year. When the owner calls him out he can't be the plan going forward.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
19 for 36 throwing to ridley with or without Jones in the lineup...of course the number 2 can go off while number 1 is being doubled or assigned the best cover corner

Umm Mooney was not our No 1. ARob was. So by your logic Trubs should have been able to complete 50% of his passes deep. Instead he only completed 18% deep. I am not saying Ryan is elite. I am saying he is much better throwing deep than Trubs because again Trubs was horrific.

So the entire point is our No 2 did not go off despite others getting attention precisely because Trubs is fucking terrible throwing deep.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t think it would happen. Depending on their plan, assuming they ave one, bringing back MT for a year would set me. Pace and Nagy can easily fuck up this situation worse.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Umm Mooney was not our No 1. ARob was. So by your logic Trubs should have been able to complete 50% of his passes deep. Instead he only completed 18% deep. I am not saying Ryan is elite. I am saying he is much better throwing deep than Trubs because again Trubs was horrific.

So the entire point is our No 2 did not go off despite others getting attention precisely because Trubs is fucking terrible throwing deep.
i never said mooney was our number 1, back off the daytime Indica or something dude

msadows

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is better than giving than giving up draft for Matt Ryan,Jameis Winston, or Marcus Mariota.

Unless its for Watson keep Trubisky and draft a QB like Mac Jones or Trey Lance.

I agree with you.

I also don't like agreeing with you.

Those 3 qb's you listed get us no where. We may win a couple more games but we still lose in the playoffs.

The plan I always wanted was to re-sign mitch for cheap(2 years, 15-18m, first year guaranteed, option out in 2nd year) and draft jones/lance/trask.

It won't win us shit next year, but at least you would have two "developmental" qb's on your roster. Granted, mitch probably has shown all he can "develop", but its better imo to start him and have a rookie waiting in the background than trade and start a mediocre qb.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Gardner Minshew had a 3-1 TD-INT ratio and a 95.9 rating on a 1-15 Jags team

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with you.

I also don't like agreeing with you.

Those 3 qb's you listed get us no where. We may win a couple more games but we still lose in the playoffs.

The plan I always wanted was to re-sign mitch for cheap(2 years, 15-18m, first year guaranteed, option out in 2nd year) and draft jones/lance/trask.

It won't win us shit next year, but at least you would have two "developmental" qb's on your roster. Granted, mitch probably has shown all he can "develop", but its better imo to start him and have a rookie waiting in the background than trade and start a mediocre qb.

So you want to pay more money when we already have a mediocre QB on the roster?

No thanks. Would rather roll with a retread or Nick Foles