I would rather bring Trubisky back over most these FA QB

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
If the Bears bring this scrub back I’m out. I’m a Bills fan now.

Jk but I will probably pay a lot less attention and be a lot less invested

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gardner Minshew had a 3-1 TD-INT ratio and a 95.9 rating on a 1-15 Jags team

Don't the records give you pause? Was Minshew playing from behind where defense were playing less strict?

as much as you hate to see it, the ESPN QBR rating reflects junk time vs competitive time.....Trubisky was about 20% higher rated in ESPN QBR.....

But not to just rely on that....

Minshew was a sack machine compared to Trubisky......

plus you'd have to give up draft picks for Minshew....

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't the records give you pause? Was Minshew playing from behind where defense were playing less strict?

as much as you hate to see it, the ESPN QBR rating reflects junk time vs competitive time.....Trubisky was about 20% higher rated in ESPN QBR.....

But not to just rely on that....

Minshew was a sack machine compared to Trubisky......

plus you'd have to give up draft picks for Minshew....
So the stats used to raise Mitch to the heady heights of close to average aren’t quite as useful when easily surpassed by a 6th round pick?

Does the ESPN QBR weed out all of Mitch’s passes that were essentially laterals? Using a different outlets gradings Minshew gets 67.8 from PFF to Mitch’s 62

Granted Minshew would cost a pick but he also has a 1M salary for two years. Quite easy to argue he’s a better option than bringing Mitch back which was the only reason for my post

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I’m actually good with never watching Mitch Trubisky play QB for the Bears ever again.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the stats used to raise Mitch to the heady heights of close to average aren’t quite as useful when easily surpassed by a 6th round pick?

Does the ESPN QBR weed out all of Mitch’s passes that were essentially laterals? Using a different outlets gradings Minshew gets 67.8 from PFF to Mitch’s 62

Granted Minshew would cost a pick but he also has a 1M salary for two years. Quite easy to argue he’s a better option than bringing Mitch back which was the only reason for my post

Neither Minshew or Trubisky is the future QB for this team.

Do you want to trade for a QB that has no future here or bring on a guy for a year that will cost a few million more?

It depends on how much you value mid round draft picks.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If he would come back (doubt it) Trubisky and spending the picks on offense for the future QB is a better plan. Otherwise you get another meh QB on a meh offense and nothing changes except the ability to get a good QB in the future.

Remember this is the team that paid out the ass for Glennon to bring Mitch along slow.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he would come back (doubt it) Trubisky and spending the picks on offense for the future QB is a better plan. Otherwise you get another meh QB on a meh offense and nothing changes except the ability to get a good QB in the future.

Remember this is the team that paid out the ass for Glennon to bring Mitch along slow.

I would run far away from Nagy if I was Trubisky......

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i never said mooney was our number 1, back off the daytime Indica or something dude

No but you were trying to bash what Ryan did on the basis that Ridely was his No 2 and so it was easier for Ryan to go 19 for 36.

So my rebuttal to that is Mooney was Trubisky's No 2 and Trubs was fucking terrible trying to get him the ball deep. Ryan is a considerably better deep passer than Trubisky.

Ryan hitting Ridley over 50% of the time is not because he was a No 2. If it were that simple then Trubisky would not have been 6-33 throwing deep and Mooney 4-23 in deep receptions and targets.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Everyone is a better deep thrower than Trubisky

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
No but you were trying to bash what Ryan did on the basis that Ridely was his No 2 and so it was easier for Ryan to go 19 for 36.

So my rebuttal to that is Mooney was Trubisky's No 2 and Trubs was fucking terrible trying to get him the ball deep. Ryan is a considerably better deep passer than Trubisky.

Ryan hitting Ridley over 50% of the time is not because he was a No 2. If it were that simple then Trubisky would not have been 6-33 throwing deep and Mooney 4-23 in deep receptions and targets.
don't tell me what i was trying to say asshat, the initial point was that without Julio Jones in the lineup Ryan struggled......It was easy for Ridley to get open because DB's were shitting their pants over Julio Jones...If mooney was our number 1 things would be very different for him. that's it, case closed

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither Minshew or Trubisky is the future QB for this team.

Do you want to trade for a QB that has no future here or bring on a guy for a year that will cost a few million more?

It depends on how much you value mid round draft picks.
I think I’ll go with whichever guy hasn’t proven for 4 years he’s not the answer here

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Trubisky is not gonna ever be a Chicago Bear again.

Nick Foles will be your starting quarterback opening game this season.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
don't tell me what i was trying to say asshat, the initial point was that without Julio Jones in the lineup Ryan struggled......It was easy for Ridley to get open because DB's were shitting their pants over Julio Jones...If mooney was our number 1 things would be very different for him. that's it, case closed

Ridley gets numbers with or without Julio

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I would run far away from Nagy if I was Trubisky......

It would pretty much kill any hope of Trubisky having a NFL career for him to play under Nagy any longer.
He'd be better off taking a backup attempt at being fixed like Grossman than staying here.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Since 2021 is going to be a wash, rinse and repeat of 2019/2020. Might as well roll with Foles and Bray saving this draft for new O-linemen and some other needed positions (WR, TE, DT and OLB). If they really want to scrape the bottom of the barrell, might as well see what old Jay is up to for 10M a year. LOL

Bear are not going to be competing for anything meaningful in 2021. Sorry, but the truth hurts.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
So I will say again, anyone that has any desire to see Mooney reach his full potential should wish for Trubs to be gone. He is simply an all-time worst deep passer.

I agree that resigning Trubs isn't ideal, but we are talking relative to the attainable QBs left on the market vs Trubs.

There are many QBs that throw the deep ball better than Mitch, but would they upgrade the QB position vs. their cost?

Points are points, whether they come after 50 yard bombs or 15 play drives. As the QB market continues to wind down making a change, just for the sake of making a change, would be foolish. We plan on drafting a QB anyway so I would prefer not to give away assets for a journeyman that could potentially help us draft a young QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This still makes no fucking sense. The point is Mooney was are No 2 and Trubs still sucked getting him the ball. So once again Ryan was still a much better deep passer than Trubs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree that resigning Trubs isn't ideal, but we are talking relative to the attainable QBs left on the market vs Trubs.

There are many QBs that throw the deep ball better than Mitch, but would they upgrade the QB position vs. their cost?

Points are points, whether they come after 50 yard bombs or 15 play drives. As the QB market continues to wind down making a change, just for the sake of making a change, would be foolish. We plan on drafting a QB anyway so I would prefer not to give away assets for a journeyman that could potentially help us draft a young QB.

By many, you mean 38 out of 38 that had 19 deep attempts or more. He was literally last in the league throwing deep. Yes points are points but my point is Mooney is part of the future and wasting money on a QB that can't get him the ball who is not part of the future would be dumb. Why would you want to destroy a large part of Mooney's value by signing a guy that can't get him the ball deep?

If our plan is to draft a QB then why waste money on a guy that isn't the future? That 10-15 million you waste on Trubs can be used to help resign ARob or pay for an OL.

The only way Trubs makes sense if we are drafting a QB is if we find someone to trade Foles too and we bring back Trubs using the Foles money. Otherwise, it is a waste of resources devoting money in a cash strapped year to a guy who isn't the long term answer at QB when we already have a backup available.