Ian Cunningham: Jalen Carter fits the Bears HITS philosophy

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I really don’t think Carter or Johnson will be there at #9, hence a trade down attempt on draft day.

If the Packers try to move up, do the Bears agree to it if the terms are favorable?

Bust

Liked Posts:
@ #9 it's hard to pass up on Bijan Robinson with Fields duo attack run skillz.

OMFG! /drool

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
HITS the buffet and shows up overweight to the most important job interview of his life.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
If the Packers try to move up, do the Bears agree to it if the terms are favorable?
Who told you the Packers are looking to move up? Just giving you shit.?

Yeah, Gute will probably move around a bit in the draft, but he made sure that getting 13 was part of the deal for a reason. I think he feels comfortable right there.

The Pack has 3 picks in the top 45. No need to give away much to move up just 4 spots.

I've got a player in mind at 13 and I think Gute does as well. I think he stays right there and nabs him.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I really don’t think Carter or Johnson will be there at #9, hence a trade down attempt on draft day.

No

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who told you the Packers are looking to move up? Just giving you shit.?

Yeah, Gute will probably move around a bit in the draft, but he made sure that getting 13 was part of the deal for a reason. I think he feels comfortable right there.

The Pack has 3 picks in the top 45. No need to give away much to move up just 4 spots.

I've got a player in mind at 13 and I think Gute does as well. I think he stays right there and nabs him.
But what if his target is JSN & the dbag in NE wants to move up to get him as well? Seems the Packers knew something that they had to move up in the draft and get in front of NE.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
But what if his target is JSN & the dbag in NE wants to move up to get him as well? Seems the Packers knew something that they had to move up in the draft and get in front of NE.
Be nice to be ahead of Philly too, but if you think the Bears are getting pick 42 or 45 from the Pack to move up just four spots, you are out of your god damn mind.?

Maybe for 78...maybe. I don't even like that deal either. I'm good at 13.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Be nice to be ahead of Philly too, but if you think the Bears are getting pick 42 or 45 from the Pack to move up just four spots, you are out of your god damn mind.?

Maybe for 78...maybe. I don't even like that deal either. I'm good at 13.
I’d look at it as a pick swap in the 1st, in the 2nd and then the Pack throw in a future pick or 2.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It would be very surprising to see the Packers and Bears deal with each other. Its just different, and it adds a whole layer of accountability should one really "win" the trade. Could be wrong, who knows, but neither will ever want to help the other out. Its very unlike the more ambivalent or even blase attitude towards Detroit and Minnesota.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
All Ian really said is that Carter is a really good player and they got to know him more from meeting him, which is a no shit statement. He didn’t say if getting to know him more was good or bad or put any character concerns at ease….just simply that they got to know him more lol

So to recap:
Jalen is really good
They got to know him more
They consider him a “HITS” player (kinda). Ian said he has “some of that”

Didn’t divulge anything about his personality, maturity, or character.

Last edited:

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
I’d look at it as a pick swap in the 1st, in the 2nd and then the Pack throw in a future pick or 2.
Pick swap in first AND 2nd and future pick or picks? Ok, now I know you are just bullshitting.

I'll let the Bears sit pat at 9 and take their boring OL.?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pick swap in first AND 2nd and future pick or picks? Ok, now I know you are just bullshitting.

I'll let the Bears sit pat at 9 and take their boring OL.?
The question is regarding Gute. If he is in a scenario in which he has to have to JSN and he knows the Pats are trying to move up, what does he do?

If I were the Pack, I would just sit back and pivot to getting a legit TE or target to another player but that’s not the hypothetical that I am proposing.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
The question is regarding Gute. If he is in a scenario in which he has to have to JSN and he knows the Pats are trying to move up, what does he do?

If I were the Pack, I would just sit back and pivot to getting a legit TE or target to another player but that’s not the hypothetical that I am proposing.
I don't know that Gute is all that high on Njigba. Gute believes he can get quality WRs in 2nd and after. If Njigba is there at 13 he would be hard to pass up, but I don't think he trades up for him.

I also think 13 is too high for Kincaid, but I wouldn't hate the pick.

Gute mentioned yesterday that he likes the OLBs/Edges in this draft. Would not shock me if he goes defense in first.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't know that Gute is all that high on Njigba. Gute believes he can get quality WRs in 2nd and after. If Njigba is there at 13 he would be hard to pass up, but I don't think he trades up for him.

I also think 13 is too high for Kincaid, but I wouldn't hate the pick.

Gute mentioned yesterday that he likes the OLBs/Edges in this draft. Would not shock me if he goes defense in first.

Yes an EDGE would help GB a lot. Problem is, there are about 10 EDGE players that are graded similarly and one could be had at #43.
The question is—who’s a better fit for the offense? Kincaid—who offers little blocking—or Mayer who might fit the scheme better. Admittedly I’m not 100% familiar with GB’s offensive system as I am just used to watching Aaron Rodgers buttfuck Chicago’s defenses the last 15years.