I'd like to thank Matt Nagy...

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
...for vindicating my long standing opinion that he's in over his head and sucks at his job.

Between his inability to hold anyone accountable (Leno), the lack of identity 3 years into his tenure, the head-scratching personnel decisions, and the remedial play calling it's hard to justify his continued employment in the NFL but I'm sure the Bears will find a way to do it.

But by far, his literally crazy obsession with making Patterson a thing on offense is probably my favorite part. I'm curious to see how more many times he has to watch his Patterson package result in negative plays before he finally accepts it's fucking Special person and to stop wasting plays on it.... Seriously, how stubborn can one man be?!?

I'll throw him a bone in that Pace dealt him a shit hand with the lack of talent along the OL but I'd argue it'd be adequate with a rational adult calling the plays and creating the game plans. Unfortunately Nagy is anything but rational. This team should be dominating with this defense but instead we get to watch Nagy piss away another season with his limp dick offense that can barely put up points on the shit teams and gets completely exposed whenever it plays a competent team.

But don't worry guys, I'm sure Nagy will figure it all out soon. Maybe by week 14 he'll have figured out our identity for the season....

Obviously the answer is: MORE PATTERSON! ?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Its always been the BHVWGHC

He never had a flow or rhythm
His play calls are designed to work on paper but not on the field
He's NEVER called plays to his players strengths always to accommodate his random play designs
His players rarely improve
He's horrible at clock/game mgmt
His halftime adjustments are literally almost nothing (think we've scored once in the 3q this year)

He fires asst coaches all the time but the worst one on his staff for 3 years has been the play caller.....by far.....yet that guy STILL keeps calling plays

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He's fine as a head coach. He's bad as an offensive coordinator and playcaller. They got like 9 guys on the staff that have called offensive plays, one of them needs to do it.

Comments like "we need to get Kmet in there more" means he has too much on his plate. He's coaching the team, working the refs, communicating on the headset to upstairs and the QB, calling plays, funneling in personnel, has to worry about challenging calls, clock management, pay attention to down and distance, etc. Sounds like too much for anyone, especially someone who has only done most of these things for 2 1/2 years and has done most of them poorly.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question now, is does anything change?

Don't hold your breath. Nagy is far too stubborn to admit his scheme is trash and his playcalling sucks dick.

Like I said, no rational adult would look at this roster and come to the conclusion to make Patterson the focal point of their offense but here we are, week after week watching play after play get wasted on this ridiculous gimmick Patterson package that fools literally no one and has yet to produce a single big play.

4th and 1... lets toss left to Patterson behind our 2 worst lineman. They'll never expect it!

The best part about that play is I legit "called it" before it happened to one of my buddies I was texting with during the game. Classic Nagy. Only thing worse than that was his decision to go for it at his own 20 or whatever it was. Bailed out by a penalty. And speaking of penalties, this might be the most undisciplined team I can remember watching. All of which falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

Nagy seems like a cool dude to have in the building as some sort of assistant level coach or something but this guy has absolutely no business running a team as a HC. His game management is fucking laughable. How do you not even call a timeout at the end of the half. Literally inexcusable.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Don't hold your breath. Nagy is far too stubborn to admit his scheme is trash and his playcalling sucks dick.

Like I said, no rational adult would look at this roster and come to the conclusion to make Patterson the focal point of their offense but here we are, week after week watching play after play get wasted on this ridiculous gimmick Patterson package that fools literally no one and has yet to produce a single big play.

4th and 1... lets toss left to Patterson behind our 2 worst lineman. They'll never expect it!

The best part about that play is I legit "called it" before it happened to one of my buddies I was texting with during the game. Classic Nagy. Only thing worse than that was his decision to go for it at his own 20 or whatever it was. Bailed out by a penalty. And speaking of penalties, this might be the most undisciplined team I can remember watching. All of which falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

Nagy seems like a cool dude to have in the building as some sort of assistant level coach or something but this guy has absolutely no business running a team as a HC. His game management is fucking laughable. How do you not even call a timeout at the end of the half. Literally inexcusable.

I'm sorry but I hate this narrative that "COACH/GM is too stubborn to admit......" It's nonsense. You don't know these dudes. And Pace has proven he's not stubborn by getting rid of guys you guys said he never would (Shaheen for one). The day Nagy or any coach ever admits his scheme is trash will literally be the first time that any coach in the history of any sport has ever said anything like that. And his scheme is at least derived from the scheme that just won the Superbowl, despite it looking nothing like it. So it would be a stupid thing to "admit" for several reasons.

And no, Patterson is not anywhere near the focal point of the offense. It was 1 damn play. 1 terrible play, but Patterson has 36 touches (5 per game) and that's obviously boosted by Cohen being injured. 5 touches does not equal focal point in any realm.

Lastly, like him or not, Nagy is 25-15 as a head coach. He's clearly a good leader of men. He needs to take his hands out of some of the things on offense, but he's fine as a head coach (not fine enough that I would shed a tear over him leaving).

As for the timeout before the half. What exactly was Ted Ginn going to do with a punt? He literally didn't even catch one last night. I had a better chance of housing a punt return there than Ginn had.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Same. As soon as I saw Patterson in the huddle, I knew what was happening. My buddy and I both knew what was coming.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Don’t forget trying to make Harris a thing. Or hanging the OL out to dry. Cute Nagy has turned to Narcissist Idiot Nagy.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
This is what we needed.

We needed to know whether it was Mitch or not and now we know that Nagy is a bad play caller as he cannot hide behind Mitch.

Probably get to 9 wins. First Round playoff exit, Trubisky starting because Foles is in a full body cast.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The defense likely has 2 years left after this one. Then pretty much everyone is over 30.

Can we really invest those 2 years in Nagy and Pace and this level of offense.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
And here comes the excuses!! ?

I'm sorry but I hate this narrative that "COACH/GM is too stubborn to admit......" It's nonsense. You don't know these dudes. And Pace has proven he's not stubborn by getting rid of guys you guys said he never would (Shaheen for one).

Not sure why you think Pace deserves praise for taking 3 years to cut a guy he never should of drafted in the first place or how that's supposed to vindicate Nagy. Pass the bong please...

The day Nagy or any coach ever admits his scheme is trash will literally be the first time that any coach in the history of any sport has ever said anything like that. And his scheme is at least derived from the scheme that just won the Superbowl, despite it looking nothing like it. So it would be a stupid thing to "admit" for several reasons.

Not sure how KC winning the SB running a variation of this scheme is supposed to vindicate Nagy here. We obviously don't have the trigger man or surrounding pieces required to run that scheme so take that weak ass excuse and shove it back up your ass. Perhaps you're unaware but it's the HC's job to realize he doesn't have the pieces to run that scheme and make the necessary adjustments. Instead we get Nagy stubbornly smashing square pegs into round holes for 3 years while you retards continue to make excuses for him. Good stuff... ?

And no, Patterson is not anywhere near the focal point of the offense. It was 1 damn play. 1 terrible play, but Patterson has 36 touches (5 per game) and that's obviously boosted by Cohen being injured. 5 touches does not equal focal point in any realm.

Spare me the excuses. The point is Patterson should be getting ZERO touches. The entire Patterson package should be torn out of the playbook, tossed in the garbage, and lit on fire. I don't care if he's only getting 5 touches a game, that's 5 plays a game that are completely wasted. Stop defending this shit. Seriously. WTF is wrong with you?!?

Lastly, like him or not, Nagy is 25-15 as a head coach. He's clearly a good leader of men. He needs to take his hands out of some of the things on offense, but he's fine as a head coach (not fine enough that I would shed a tear over him leaving).

? As if he deserves credit for the defense carrying his incompetent ass to wins.... good one. And even if he completely took his hands off everything and just acted as the HC he'd still suck at it. His game time decision making is fucking abysmal. What fucking team have you been watching these past 3 years? It clearly hasn't been the Bears.

As for the timeout before the half. What exactly was Ted Ginn going to do with a punt? He literally didn't even catch one last night. I had a better chance of housing a punt return there than Ginn had.

It's football dumbass. Literally anything could happen. A bad snap. Punt block. The point is you at least make a fucking attempt. You don't just give up like a loser. But clearly that's who Nagy is... a fucking loser. But hey keep making excuses for him.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
How do some of you justify at all that Nagy is a fine head coach? What in the heck in 3 years has he done to justify it? If he cannot let go of the play calling, guess what, that's what a "fine" head coach would do. Nagy is not a fine head coach, he is a terrible head coach. There is nothing in 3 years that shows he is a fine head coach.

So what about "his record". That record is entirely based of the Defense. Nagy was brought in to be an offensive guru and the word is out, he is NOT. That winning record is entirely smoke in mirrors and is not the way to judge Nagy. Hell, the Raptors fired their head coach the year he won coach of the year and took them deep in the playoffs (yes I know its NBA but so what, team sports are team sports).

Nagy is 100% replaceable

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We could not leave this season without answers at QB and HC.

We now know that they are both bad.

I think we can win games and put up plenty of points with Foles if we had a good play caller. He's gonna make some dumb mistakes and throw INT's like he did last night but i think he can definitely do more good then bad with a legit play caller.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He's fine as a head coach. He's bad as an offensive coordinator and playcaller. They got like 9 guys on the staff that have called offensive plays, one of them needs to do it.

Comments like "we need to get Kmet in there more" means he has too much on his plate. He's coaching the team, working the refs, communicating on the headset to upstairs and the QB, calling plays, funneling in personnel, has to worry about challenging calls, clock management, pay attention to down and distance, etc. Sounds like too much for anyone, especially someone who has only done most of these things for 2 1/2 years and has done most of them poorly
What makes you think he’s fine as a head coach? What supports that belief?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think we can win games and put up plenty of points with Foles if we had a good play caller. He's gonna make some dumb mistakes and throw INT's like he did last night but i think he can definitely do more good then bad with a legit play caller.
Except it can’t be that simple of a problem to fix.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
This is what we needed.

We needed to know whether it was Mitch or not and now we know that Nagy is a bad play caller as he cannot hide behind Mitch.

I don't think it's a binary....Nagy has not been great, but that does not mean we should assume Trubisky would have been if only he had a better HC.

I think they both could leave at any time and not be missed.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Except it can’t be that simple of a problem to fix.

No it can't. A new play caller would have to keep a lot of the schemes that Nagy already runs cause we're too far into the season to put a whole new play book in obviously but it's about knowing what to run against the defense you're playing and knowing what will work and what won't on certain possessions. Nagy is as bad at reading a defense as Mitch is. I think DeFillipo would be the guy that should call plays and maybe even use some of the stuff they used in Philly when Foles was there with DeFilippo.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
And here comes the excuses!! ?

Not sure why you think Pace deserves praise for taking 3 years to cut a guy he never should of drafted in the first place or how that's supposed to vindicate Nagy. Pass the bong please...

Not sure how KC winning the SB running a variation of this scheme is supposed to vindicate Nagy here. We obviously don't have the trigger man or surrounding pieces required to run that scheme so take that weak ass excuse and shove it back up your ass. Perhaps you're unaware but it's the HC's job to realize he doesn't have the pieces to run that scheme and make the necessary adjustments. Instead we get Nagy stubbornly smashing square pegs into round holes for 3 years while you retards continue to make excuses for him. Good stuff... ?

Spare me the excuses. The point is Patterson should be getting ZERO touches. The entire Patterson package should be torn out of the playbook, tossed in the garbage, and lit on fire. I don't care if he's only getting 5 touches a game, that's 5 plays a game that are completely wasted. Stop defending this shit. Seriously. WTF is wrong with you?!?

? As if he deserves credit for the defense carrying his incompetent ass to wins.... good one. And even if he completely took his hands off everything and just acted as the HC he'd still suck at it. His game time decision making is fucking abysmal. What fucking team have you been watching these past 3 years? It clearly hasn't been the Bears.

It's football dumbass. Literally anything could happen. A bad snap. Punt block. The point is you at least make a fucking attempt. You don't just give up like a loser. But clearly that's who Nagy is... a fucking loser. But hey keep making excuses for him.

You need reading comprehension. I never said Pace should be praised for cutting Shaheen. I said the narrative that these guys are too stubborn or proud to admit mistakes is fucking stupid.

And I never once praised Nagy. He's trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, but he barely knows how to turn on a stove. I acknowledged that he sucks as a playcaller and has too much on his plate.

The Patterson stuff is just stupid. 5 touches a game is nothing. He's on the roster, he's the #2 RB with Cohen out. You want to give Montgomery 5 more slow ass touches? If you want to argue he shouldn't be on the roster that's an entirely different argument.....which I'm sure you want to make as you can't stay on task. I was simply arguing you saying he's the focal point of the offense, which everyone can agree is complete bullshit.

I've been watching the team that has won 25 of 40 games. Led by Nagy. Whether it's the defense or not, he's won the games. You MFers loved Lovie and he literally put the same team on the field. Hell, Ditka's a legend in Chicago and he put out this same damn team with a defense that carried an offense with 1 good player. If Nagy doesn't deserve credit, only Halas deserves credit in all of Bears history.

Sure anything could happen. But what is likely to happen is something completely different. It was much more likely for Ted Ginn (who has caught like 2 punts in 4 weeks) to fumble the catch leaving a second on the clock for the Rams to get a FG. It was much more likely for Ginn to not catch the punt that rolls to the 1, with 1 second left making the Bears run a play where they can't take a knee and risk a safety if actually running a play. When you're playing that poorly in a half, I'm not going to complain about ending it over some 1 in a million chance something positive happens for literally the first time all game.