Ideal Outcome / PFN

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
An elite WR at 35 in this draft is a bit wishful. There will be some solid contributors if you choose well but this draft is short on projected elite WRs. I'd love that trade.
I think you might find guys like Downs at #35, maybe not. Six went last year, he may be in that six. So, elite, yeah, maybe not. But very good? Sure. Rashee, Flowers, Hyatt, Mims.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you might find guys like Downs at #35, maybe not. Six went last year, he may be in that six. So, elite, yeah, maybe not. But very good? Sure. Rashee, Flowers, Hyatt, Mims.
Downs is 5'10" and 175 LBs. He may be great in the slot etc but we already have Mooney. Team needs a 1 on 1 go up and get it guy. Maybe Claypool becomes that but the Bear don't need another small quick guy. This year probably sees 3 WRs go in one. There's a remote possibility Smith-Njigba falls but I doubt it.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Downs is 5'10" and 175 LBs. He may be great in the slot etc but we already have Mooney. Team needs a 1 on 1 go up and get it guy. Maybe Claypool becomes that but the Bear don't need another small quick guy. This year probably sees 3 WRs go in one. There's a remote possibility Smith-Njigba falls but I doubt it.
We need a guy with good hands. Downs has a 2% drop rate—lowest in the top 10 WR. Only Addison at 3% is close. Love JSN, drop rate of 5%. But they'll all be gone by 35. Flowers, Rice, Hyatt, Mims are all good options, too. Boutte is a red flag. Some nice sleeper WR later, that are bigger:

• Xavier Hutchinson, Iowa State 6’3”
  • Cedric Tillman, Tennessee 6’3”
  • JARED WAYNE, Pitt 6’3”

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We need a guy with good hands. Downs has a 2% drop rate—lowest in the top 10 WR. Only Addison at 3% is close. Love JSN, drop rate of 5%. But they'll all be gone by 35. Flowers, Rice, Hyatt, Mims are all good options, too. Boutte is a red flag. Some nice sleeper WR later, that are bigger:

• Xavier Hutchinson, Iowa State 6’3”
  • Cedric Tillman, Tennessee 6’3”
  • JARED WAYNE, Pitt 6’3”
We need a a guy that has the size and speed to catches contested balls. Fields needs a guy he can bail to. Too bad that there won't be a bad hands Christian Watson in 2 this year:rolleyes:.

Sleepers are sleepers, drop for a reason and are irrelevant to a projected elite draft choice discussion. My argument was that there won't be any expected 'elite' WRs in 2 which is what your 1st post projected. How is that now your talking point? You have come full circle and agreed with my initial statement that you originally objected to and what started this exchange.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing is certain, with the potential unknown of the trade down possibilities, this board will either see 4 times as many mocks or 1/2 as many (well, one could hope).

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need a a guy that has the size and speed to catches contested balls. Fields needs a guy he can bail to. Too bad that there won't be a bad hands Christian Watson in 2 this year:rolleyes:.

Sleepers are sleepers, drop for a reason and are irrelevant to a projected elite draft choice discussion. My argument was that there won't be any expected 'elite' WRs in 2 which is what your 1st post projected. How is that now your talking point? You have come full circle and agreed with my initial statement that you originally objected to and what started this exchange.
I said both, actually. In the past there have been typically about six WRs that go in the 1st. We'll see how it goes this year. I could see a Tier One WR falling to the 2nd. Though it would have been better if we had the 2.01, of course. Elite, good, sleeper—we'll see how they shake out. Typically the true WR1s will go early in the 1st, you are correct. But based on statistics, college, combine—there could be some very good WRs in the 2nd. I saw a stat that said the 2nd round WRs had a hit rate of about the same as the overall 1st round. It's going to be a very interesting draft. If you mean the top three WRs? No, none will be there in the 2nd. If you mean elite/great/special? IDK. We might get lucky in the 2nd. We'll see. Calling some of those guys on my list sleepers isn't really accurate. I meant sleeper vs elite, as in a guy that goes in the 2nd that could be as good as those that go in the first.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess what I'm saying is that we should come back in a year or three and see how this actually shook out. I would not be surprised if some of the elite 1st round WRs were busts or less than expected, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some 2nd round WRs that ended up becoming very good, maybe even elite. Happens all the time. Will the Bears find gold in the 2nd, with a WR? IDK. But it HAS happened before.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I said both, actually. In the past there have been typically about six WRs that go in the 1st. We'll see how it goes this year. I could see a Tier One WR falling to the 2nd. Though it would have been better if we had the 2.01, of course. Elite, good, sleeper—we'll see how they shake out. Typically the true WR1s will go early in the 1st, you are correct. But based on statistics, college, combine—there could be some very good WRs in the 2nd. I saw a stat that said the 2nd round WRs had a hit rate of about the same as the overall 1st round. It's going to be a very interesting draft. If you mean the top three WRs? No, none will be there in the 2nd. If you mean elite/great/special? IDK. We might get lucky in the 2nd. We'll see. Calling some of those guys on my list sleepers isn't really accurate. I meant sleeper vs elite, as in a guy that goes in the 2nd that could be as good as those that go in the first.
1st off, there are 3 WR projected for round 1 and that's likely to happen. 2nd, hit rate and elite are 2 completely different bars, especially when you're lacking the typical elite WR measurables in round 2. Yes, 1 may emerge. It's a draft with all the unknowns that entails but this draft doesn't PROJECT elite WRs into the 2nd round.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1st off, there are 3 WR projected for round 1 and that's likely to happen. 2nd, hit rate and elite are 2 completely different bars, especially when you're lacking the typical elite WR measurables in round 2. Yes, 1 may emerge. It's a draft with all the unknowns that entails but this draft doesn't PROJECT elite WRs into the 2nd round.
1. I'm willing to bet that more than three WR will be taken in the first round. Avatar bet? I think DEFINITELY more than three, if not six.
2. If a WR in the 2nd round "hits" and is elite, does it matter what round they were in? It just means they were good, right?
3. Guess it depends on what you mean by elite. Right now I personally see 3 elite WR. I suspect there are more.
4. Let's revisit this in a few years to see if any 2nd round WR end up becoming elite (whatever that means).

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Jizz worthy, which is why it won’t happen
I don't think things could go any better than this:

• Trade down to #4
  • Chicago receives Picks 4, 35, 79, 2024 first-round pick, and 2024 second-round pick
  • Get Anderson at #4
I would LOVE to see this happen.

At #35 we could still get an elite WR and then address OL with 79. Ammunition for Harrison in 2024.

Thoughts?
I don’t think we will get the 2024 second round pick and I see the cardinals drafting Anderson before us. I’m ok not getting that second round pick in 2024 but I really want Anderson.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t think we will get the 2024 second round pick and I see the cardinals drafting Anderson before us. I’m ok not getting that second round pick in 2024 but I really want Anderson.
Agree on Anderson. He's the guy I want most early on, in the top 1-4 picks.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Agree on Anderson. He's the guy I want most early on, in the top 1-4 picks.
But I won’t be upset if we end up with Carter. Just to put that out there. But I’d like to start this rebuild with a DE (Anderson) as our first pick. I also know it doesn’t go your way at times, even if you have the #1 pick in the draft…. That’s also with me thinking we get Payne in FA.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Best Case Scenario involved the Texans panicking and trading their 2 #1s this year and next to move up one spot, and then the Bears being able to take the #2 pick and trade that for another 2 firsts this year and at least one next year.

That isn't best case. That is incredibly impossible case.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I almost feel bad for Houston, so trade them and not mail them for their first pick and second rounder bc let’s face it, that was a gift- with a caveat that they don’t forget this in the future if we need soemthing.

Then trade with Indy for 4th etc and hope 3 takes another qb and we get Anderson with four!

If poles trades with Houston, he will trade down again. One can only hope!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1. I'm willing to bet that more than three WR will be taken in the first round. Avatar bet? I think DEFINITELY more than three, if not six.
2. If a WR in the 2nd round "hits" and is elite, does it matter what round they were in? It just means they were good, right?
3. Guess it depends on what you mean by elite. Right now I personally see 3 elite WR. I suspect there are more.
4. Let's revisit this in a few years to see if any 2nd round WR end up becoming elite (whatever that means).

Looking at the players, 3 go for sure and I think 4 may go in one. If you want to make 5 a wash, 6 a win for you and 4 a win for me, I'm in.
Of course their may be an elite player in round 2 but you need to pick him. You don't get 'the field' in this discussion. Could be round 4 too but it's besides the point.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at the players, 3 go for sure and I think 4 may go in one. If you want to make 5 a wash, 6 a win for you and 4 a win for me, I'm in.
Of course their may be an elite player in round 2 but you need to pick him. You don't get 'the field' in this discussion. Could be round 4 too but it's besides the point.
I'm down for that. One month avatar bet. 4 or below you win. 5 a wash. 6 I win. In the first. Hard to say who the guy in the second round is, I don't really see a wager there, but I assume there will be some. What's more difficult is seeing if there will be an elite/good WR at our pick of #55. If it was #33? YES, for sure. 55? IDK. I track all of this for my fantasy football drafts, so we can see in a few years if any WRs came out fo the 2nd round.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that I'd go after the best play-making tight end in the draft with their 3rd over-all selection rather than a wide receiver.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm down for that. One month avatar bet. 4 or below you win. 5 a wash. 6 I win. In the first. Hard to say who the guy in the second round is, I don't really see a wager there, but I assume there will be some. What's more difficult is seeing if there will be an elite/good WR at our pick of #55. If it was #33? YES, for sure. 55? IDK. I track all of this for my fantasy football drafts, so we can see in a few years if any WRs came out fo the 2nd round.
You're on. :)

Reminds me that I offered BR a ban bet for draft position and he disappeared instead of accepting. I would have lost that one by 7, LOL.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're on. :)

Reminds me that I offered BR a ban bet for draft position and he disappeared instead of accepting. I would have lost that one by 7, LOL.
LOL. Just a little friendly off-season wager. I really do feel like there are some great WRs in this draft. At #55 I'm a bit worried.