If anyone wants to know why so many hate Cam Newton....

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
It's not because of his race. It's because of his ego.

Cam Newton owns the most ridiculous combination of size, speed and agility in the NFL.

During Super Bowl Opening Night media festivities on Monday, Cam was asked if he was the LeBron James of the NFL.

"Why can't LeBron be the Cam Newton of power forwards?" the Panthers quarterback retorted with a smile

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The man has incredible confidence and swagger. He has carried himself with integrity off the field since coming into the NFL. He brings joy to little kids no matter which stadium he goes to. He is a leader who has the respect of all his teammates, leads by example and brings a tremendous amount of energy to his team. He has a tremendous love for the game and he has fun every time he goes out there. Plays the game with a smile on his face.

Nobody should hate Cam Newton. He is the epitome of a great QB, a great leader, a great football player and from what I have seen, a great person.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have to remember that Cam grew up watching all the show-boating of the 90s and early 00s. His role model wasn't a stoic qb of the 70s/80s. His ego is too strong for my personal taste, but he's good for Carolina, that fanbase and the NFL.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The man has incredible confidence and swagger. He has carried himself with integrity off the field since coming into the NFL. He brings joy to little kids no matter which stadium he goes to. He is a leader who has the respect of all his teammates, leads by example and brings a tremendous amount of energy to his team. He has a tremendous love for the game and he has fun every time he goes out there. Plays the game with a smile on his face.

Nobody should hate Cam Newton. He is the epitome of a great QB, a great leader, a great football player and from what I have seen, a great person.

Your post has nothing to do with what I posted. Congrats.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
but he's good for Carolina, that fanbase and the NFL.

He's good for Carolina and their fanbase. Not sure I agree with you about the NFL unless you're talking from a purely business POV in that fans of every other team are cheering for a DL to come and rip Newton's head off.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Your post has nothing to do with what I posted. Congrats.

You were talking about why people hate Cam Newton. I just gave you every reason why nobody should hate Cam Newton. You can talk about his "ego" all you want. What he is doing has nothing to do with him being arrogant or having an ego. The man is going out there getting the job done every week and having fun doing it.

If you are seriously going to judge him on that comment (that was obviously tongue in cheek) you must be one of these old timers who takes things too seriously.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Living in the Green Bay media market sometimes I torture myself and tune into local sports talk and it was great listening to all the butt hurt after their loss to Carolina. Also tons of thinly veiled racism.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
YIf you are seriously going to judge him on that comment (that was obviously tongue in cheek) you must be one of these old timers who takes things too seriously.

Compare the 2 QB's playing for a moment beyond the racial component. Manning is universally beloved while Newton is almost the complete opposite. It has nothing to do with their skin color but rather how they behave and present themselves. Manning is genuine, honest, and doesn't act like an ass. Newton the exact opposite. Every positive attribute you listed about Newton could also be said about Manning. But Manning still carries himself like a professional in front of the media.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It's because he's black and has an ego. He was told he wasn't good enough at Florida (wouldn't have been kicked out otherwise). Told he wasn't good enough to win a Heisman and championship at Auburn. Told he wasnt an nfl qb, got drafted #1. Told he was a running qb, threw for a record 4000 yards as a rookie. Told he wasn't a leader, takes an offense of misfits to the Superbowl.

I think at this point he's cocky because people keep hating on him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i agree. people wanting to make it about race are fools. sure there are some racists pieces of shit out there but the majority of football fans that dislike cam, dislike him because hes annoyingly full of himself.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I've not seen him doing anything, ANYTHING, to be so vilified by a vocal minority. Every time I see someone criticise him, they always say: "it's not because of his race, it's because..." Just like the OP has done here. All I see him do is kick ass on the field, have fun doing it and actually have a personality and a sense of humour in the way he interact with fans and the media. Also, I can guarantee you not one of the kids he throws balls to in the end zone think he's a dick.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not because of his race. It's because of his ego.

Cam Newton owns the most ridiculous combination of size, speed and agility in the NFL.

During Super Bowl Opening Night media festivities on Monday, Cam was asked if he was the LeBron James of the NFL.

"Why can't LeBron be the Cam Newton of power forwards?" the Panthers quarterback retorted with a smile

So?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I don't like Cam because he not only stole while at FL he also was investigated for cheating. Then he took 80k from auburn to play for them.

I could care less about the color of his skin but he betrayed my FL Gators so I will never be a fan. Peyton was a Tennessee vol and has always been on my shit list too.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Like I said, this has absolutely nothing to do with skin color.

I agree everything is not about race but I was talking specifically about the reaction in Green Bay. And yes there was thinly veiled racism and lots of butt hurt.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

This x100. Answer me this: if he was white, do you think he'd be getting as much shit from people? Absolutely no way he'd be this vilified. No way. People willing to completely disregard the racial element here are living in a dream world.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've not seen him doing anything, ANYTHING, to be so vilified by a vocal minority. Every time I see someone criticise him, they always say: "it's not because of his race, it's because..." Just like the OP has done here. All I see him do is kick ass on the field, have fun doing it and actually have a personality and a sense of humour in the way he interact with fans and the media. Also, I can guarantee you not one of the kids he throws balls to in the end zone think he's a dick.

Some won't forget his college issues and think he hasn't grown up. I look at him now and think, why can LeBron be the next Cam Newton.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's because he's black and has an ego. He was told he wasn't good enough at Florida (wouldn't have been kicked out otherwise). Told he wasn't good enough to win a Heisman and championship at Auburn. Told he wasnt an nfl qb, got drafted #1. Told he was a running qb, threw for a record 4000 yards as a rookie. Told he wasn't a leader, takes an offense of misfits to the Superbowl.

I think at this point he's cocky because people keep hating on him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well people could tell him he's not hated and he won't be then anymore.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Compare the 2 QB's playing for a moment beyond the racial component. Manning is universally beloved while Newton is almost the complete opposite. It has nothing to do with their skin color but rather how they behave and present themselves. Manning is genuine, honest, and doesn't act like an ass. Newton the exact opposite. Every positive attribute you listed about Newton could also be said about Manning. But Manning still carries himself like a professional in front of the media.

Cam to me, doesn't do anything to warrant all this hate though. None of his on-field antics are unsportsmanlike as nothing he does is directed towards the opposing team. He is simply having fun out there. As a coach, that's what you want to see out there especially when the rest of your players are feeding off him and his energy.

Newton is genuine and honest, probably more so than anybody else because he isn't afraid to be himself out there on the field. Do you think his teammates would follow an arrogant or disingenuous player? You can see that as "acting like an ass" if you want but that's his personality, his confidence and his style.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Some won't forget his college issues and think he hasn't grown up. I look at him now and think, why can LeBron be the next Cam Newton.

Like none of us ever did anything dumb in college! Shit, if you judged me as a human based on what I did at the first year of university alone, I'd be in jail or sectioned under the mental health act.