Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I would rather root for the player on my team than be pissed that he is on my team in almost every situation. Draft picks are lottery tickets, and if he is excited to be a Bear and plays hard, then I'll be excited he is on the team.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The "experts" as of right now (most of them) are not doing any trading in their mocks. Because we're still pre combine and FA.

I'll all but guarantee you whoever's expert option you're currently reading will change no less than 287 times between now and the draft. And that same expert that has them taking Carter will also have them taking Anderson, and then several trade down scenarios that are already played out.

This shit is not that hard to follow. It happens every off-season.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
You need two teams to make a trade and if teams don't see a certain QB as the #1 guy and are truly enamored with him then why make the trade up to 1 when Arizona might also be willing to trade down for much less then it'll be to trade up to #1. We also have QB needy teams that are win ready and will go after one of the multiple veteran QB's that are out there. Things can happen in the offseason before draft time that takes multiple teams out of drafting one of the top 3 QB's.

We still need things to fall our way with certain things for us to have that chance to get a good trade down offer from not just one team but multiple teams. We've had some luck with Houston winning that last game and claiming that top spot so lets just hope luck is still on our side. If we can't trade down then it has to be one of carter or Anderson at #1 and hope to hell whoever we take is a legit star.

Maybe a thread asking what's the least you would take in a trade down to certain spots if those big offers aren't there for us?
There is always someone wanting and willing to move up to No. 1. There is absolutely no reason we can't get a haul. A haul is needed, and will speed up the rebuild by years.

PS. If he keeps this pick and the pick flames out = He done playing GM.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
It would be so on brand Bears all you could do is laugh. It would cement this as a failed regime in a few years when they finally decide to reset… again.

Most would see it as a failure. The usual homers will come in to defend Poles saying that he didn’t get an offer good enough. All of those guys will scurry away once he’s fired in like 2025

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
sorry but fans are idiots

we will never know the offers if that were to happen but i'm sure some idiots will make scenarios up in their own head

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The Bears don't have to make this decision now. See how free agency and especially the player workout/interviews go. If Will Anderson Jr., Jalen Carter or someone else prove to be worth first overall then it might wind up being the right move.

It's a shame about the Chase Claypool trade because it would be much easier to stand pat at first overall with that thirty-second overall.
That trade will look like a fucking disaster if they can’t move out of the #1 spot.

A team that was 3-14 and with very very limited talent on the roster to only have 1 pick in the top 50 is laughable and pathetic.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
There is always someone wanting and willing to move up to No. 1. There is absolutely no reason we can't get a haul. A haul is needed, and will speed up the rebuild by years.

If he doesn’t get offered a haul, then sell it at a discount. It’s better to get something then nothing when they don’t have a lot of draft capital at the top end of the draft.

They could get Houston’s or Colts 2nd rd pick and still may get the same player they wanted at #1

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not pissed, but certainly bewildered.

It would be exactly like when Ryan Pace traded up above himself to draft Trubisky. If the player taken becomes an All Pro in the NFL, no one will care how you got him. If the player taken never gets a second contract and bounces around the league for peanut contracts until they just disappear...it's the kind of move that you will be endlessly mocked for and probably be first on the list of reasons you find yourself unemployed.
More this. It takes 2 to tango so nothing is a given but you'd certainly expect there to be viable offers.

That said. It's good if teams that want to move up think Poles prefers to keep the pick.
:snoop"
I just don't think that's the case.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only way I’d be okay with it is if the bears for some reason don’t get any respectable offers for the #1 pick

If forced to HAVE to make the pick at #1 it’s Carter or Anderson. So if that’s the scenario somehow then okay, it sucks but okay

Have to imagine they can pick up some draft capital to move back a handful of spots, though
the hell with this 3 tech bullshit, if Poles has to make a pick at #1 it better be Anderson

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That trade will look like a fucking disaster if they can’t move out of the #1 spot.

A team that was 3-14 and with very very limited talent on the roster to only have 1 pick in the top 50 is laughable and pathetic.
Mathematically speaking, at the time of the trade, Chicago had exactly a 1% chance of landing the number overall pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

There is not always someone wanting to move up and trade multiple draft picks unless there's a player that's a generational type talent and Anderson and Carter, while both the clear top 2 non QB's in this draft, both have plenty of people questioning if they'll actually be generational type players, or they absolutely fall in love with one of these top 3 QB's. Each of these QB's also have question marks about them.

Now i still think we will make at least one trade down, all i'm saying is that it isn't a guarantee that Poles will get the kind of offer that will make that trade down. Free agency will be big to see where T.Brady, A.Rodgers, D.Carr, L.Jackson and Jimmy G end up.

If he keeps the pick we won't know if that player flames out until at the very least the next 2 seasons and maybe 3. A lot of other stuff can happen that his job will depend on in 2-3 years especially with him having a ton of money to spend in free agency, all our draft picks plus who knows how many extra picks and seeing what happens with J.Fields and his growth in the passing game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
sorry but fans are idiots

we will never know the offers if that were to happen but i'm sure some idiots will make scenarios up in their own head
1000%

They'll run with whatever rumor sounds best to them even though that rumor will be nothing more than a rumor no matter who it comes from unless it's from the Bears front office themselves and that will never happen.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If he doesn’t get offered a haul, then sell it at a discount. It’s better to get something then nothing when they don’t have a lot of draft capital at the top end of the draft.

They could get Houston’s or Colts 2nd rd pick and still may get the same player they wanted at #1
I've been thinking about how little people on here would take in a trade down just so we can get something if no big offers are coming in. Of course it would depend on how far down we would be going. If i can stay in the top 4 to get one of the big two then i'm willing to take something as little as a 1st and 2nd and if i could get anything in 2024 then i'm obviously taking it and might even take a 1st and a 3rd.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If the bears sign Payne or trade for someone like Buckner and still draft Carter I would call it what it is a clown show. But if they sign someone like Hargraves since he’s older it still make sense to consider Carter. but I’m team Anderson if they stick to one

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think I'd prefer Anderson over Carter if we're unable to trade down. I think he's a consistently better player that won't take plays off.

I also think the free agent DT market is better than the free agent EDGE market so EDGE will be a larger draft need.

I'd prefer to trade down if possible. We have too many needs to not generate more picks by selling our first.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
the hell with this 3 tech bullshit, if Poles has to make a pick at #1 it better be Anderson
At least Carter is relevant in multiple defenses. If they go all in on classic cover who players that could be a mess in a few years when eberflus is fired

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
At least Carter is relevant in multiple defenses. If they go all in on classic cover who players that could be a mess in a few years when eberflus is fired
Anderson can play in a 4-3 or 3-4. Saying he's "better" for a 3-4 is overblown. He played right on the LOS at Bama his entire career. Who cares if he did it standing up or with a hand in the dirt. He was on the LOS, not off ball.