If Bears take Carter at #1….

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Anderson can play in a 4-3 or 3-4. Saying he's "better" for a 3-4 is overblown. He played right on the LOS at Bama his entire career. Who cares if he did it standing up or with a hand in the dirt. He was on the LOS, not off ball.
I’m team Anderson i get it. I’m just saying if Carter is selected he isn’t tommie Harris who would be relevant in just one defense

Montucky

Liked Posts:
That trade will look like a fucking disaster if they can’t move out of the #1 spot.

A team that was 3-14 and with very very limited talent on the roster to only have 1 pick in the top 50 is laughable and pathetic.
It already is a disaster. Poles gave up thirty-second overall for a wide receiver and it did absolutely nothing to make the Bears needs at wide receiver less pressing, A complete waste.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Will Anderson... mehh... he's good, but he doesn't flash special or elite to me. Good, not great size... good, not great athlete... good technique, but stands straight up, average with his hands. Pretty average getting off the ball.

I expect he didn't play for Alabama he would be seen as a 2nd round prospect.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
what edge rusher in FA would move them off Anderson? just asking
YannickNgakoue
Marcus Davenport
Samson Ebukam
Arden Key

This is a few names that are still on the right side of 30 because i don't think Poles goes for many on the wrong side of 30 unless he thinks they can win and he can get that player on a 1 or 2 year deal.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Will Anderson... mehh... he's good, but he doesn't flash special or elite to me. Good, not great size... good, not great athlete... good technique, but stands straight up, average with his hands. Pretty average getting off the ball.

statistically he was on duh espn highlights moar the season prior. 57 solo tackles and 17.5 sacks. #woah

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Bears picking Carter at #1 would be gross negligence and a fireable offense. If we stay at 1, draft Bryce Young. That's it. There is no other acceptable answer. Poles has all the leverage and has months to work out a deal. Any scenario where we don't end up with an extra first rd pick next year is a massive failure.

If Indy or Houston don't want to pony up, then you let some other bum team jump them or take a QB yourself. You dont just let those teams get what they want and not enter the bidding war.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This is contrary to every mock draft and analysis I have read. Interesting…..

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
YannickNgakoue
Marcus Davenport
Samson Ebukam
Arden Key

This is a few names that are still on the right side of 30
because i don't think Poles goes for many on the wrong side of 30 unless he thinks they can win and he can get that player on a 1 or 2 year deal.
cool, thanks

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Marcus Davenport is always injured and had 0.5 sack this year. If Poles identifies him as the guy to fix the pass rush then the Bears have hired a moron. He is extremely inconsistent and always banged up. Hardest of passes

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
This is contrary to every mock draft and analysis I have read. Interesting…..
That's really cool but my own opinion differs. I think he's a good football player, but he won't be elite at the next level and definitely not as a pass rusher.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Marcus Davenport is always injured and had 0.5 sack this year. If Poles identifies him as the guy to fix the pass rush then the Bears have hired a moron. He is extremely inconsistent and always banged up. Hardest of passes
Marcus Davenport would be a huge upgrade talent wise at DE over what is currently there both as a pass rusher and a run defender.

My hope is they create a dominant interior that will make the job easier for the guys on the edge regardless of who they target.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Marcus Davenport would be a huge upgrade talent wise at DE over what is currently there both as a pass rusher and a run defender.

My hope is they create a dominant interior that will make the job easier for the guys on the edge regardless of who they target.

Considering the Bears current DEs, most guys are an upgrade in talent. Davenport is going to be looking to get paid, and he’s inconsistent and banged up a lot. Would rather focus on someone who has consistent production and is not as banged up.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Will you be pissed?

When’s the last time an interior DLinemen went #1 in the draft?

Would he have to be Aaron Donald (or better) to justify taking at 1?

I ask because the “NFL experts” all seem to think bears pick Carter instead of trading out. And most people here are expecting bears to trade out (and still maybe get Carter).

Just curious to see who’d be OK with Carter at 1 if the experts are right, and what your expectations would be of him if he was taken at 1.
Well what i think is, its January sooooo yeah.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Considering the Bears current DEs, most guys are an upgrade in talent. Davenport is going to be looking to get paid, and he’s inconsistent and banged up a lot. Would rather focus on someone who has consistent production and is not as banged up.
You're right. Bears might get bargains on Davenport (because of down year and injuries) and omenihu (legal issues). Time for some bargain hunting to upgrade the roster around payne who can't tackle or stop the run

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I don’t think Anderson is a generational talent. He works hard and it shows. But he’s not a parsons. But I’d love to take him and sign Payne. Now if we don’t get Payne, I don’t care if it’s Anderson or Carter. But I think Anderson will end up with the better career.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only way I’d be okay with it is if the bears for some reason don’t get any respectable offers for the #1 pick

If forced to HAVE to make the pick at #1 it’s Carter or Anderson. So if that’s the scenario somehow then okay, it sucks but okay

Have to imagine they can pick up some draft capital to move back a handful of spots, though
how will you feel if the Bears trade back and lose out on Carter and Anderson?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think the elephant in the room with Carter is the lack of production. I understand you scout the traits and not the boxscores. And frankly, Carter has a ton of traits. But he just hasn't put up the numbers yet, and I think it's hard to project him to do so. The NFL's top pass rushing DTs are getting double digit sacks these days. Chris Jones 15.5. JJ Watt (plays inside and out) has 12.5 on his last legs. Quinnen Williams 12. Hargrave, Heyward, Payne all with 11 or more sacks. I don't know if I can see Carter projecting to double digits when he's only had 3 each of the last 2 years.
I've read comparisons to Warren Sapp, which is a joke. Sapp was about 25lbs lighter, much quicker and had double digit sacks at Miami. Quinnen is a solid comp, but even he had an 8 sack final season at Bama. I do love Carter, and I think with some counter moves when his bullrush doesn't work, he can be a solid 8 sack guy with great run defense.....but is that worth the #1 pick? Is that even worth the #4 pick? Quinnen went 3rd.

I would take Carter in a heartbeat if Anderson is off the board. He's still a top 3 prospect in this draft, so he's probably worth the 4th pick in this draft, even if not worth it in better draft classes. But I'd like him a lot more at the 1T than the 3T. Like if you can get DeForest Buckner in a trade from the Colts or can sign Dre'Mont Jones in free agency, adding Carter inside with one of those guys would be deadly. But I do worry about his ability to anchor the DL on his own.