If Bears take Carter at #1….

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well what i think is, its January sooooo yeah.
So we shouldn’t be talking about the upcoming draft where the bears hold the #1 pick (and are no longer playing football) in January?

Can you please let us all know when we’re allowed to talk about the upcoming draft where the bears hold the #1 pick?

Thx

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think the biggest mistake the Front office could make is to completely ignore the top two QBs...hear me out

If NO team believes that the Bears are willing to take a QB at #1, then the only thing that other team need to worry about are OTHER teams taking a QB.

That leaves the Bears with essentially no play in the game.

Let say that Indy is interested in Two QBs, why would they even bother to offer the Bears a trade, just stay put and let Chicago and Arizona take Anderson/Carter, Houston takes 1 of the 2 QBs, and they get the other.......

If however the front office plays the game and shows up to ALL the events for Young, Stroud and Levis, and then all the sudden the Media starts up rumors that the Bears are considering moving on from Fields....then the leverage goes back to Chicago.

Let be honest, teams want a franchise QB, and none of the top QBs in this draft are a looking like there is a consensus #1....so why would a team mortgage the future to move all the way to #1?

If no one offers the Bears an Package, take the position that has the most value, and that is Pass rusher....Anderson is my pick if i am GM.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think the biggest mistake the Front office could make is to completely ignore the top two QBs...hear me out

If NO team believes that the Bears are willing to take a QB at #1, then the only thing that other team need to worry about are OTHER teams taking a QB.

Let say that Indy is interested in Two QBs, why would they even bother to offer the Bears a trade, just stay put and let Chicago and Arizona take Anderson/Carter, Houston takes 1 of the 2 QBs, and they get the other.......

If however the front office plays the game and shows up to ALL the events for Young, Stroud and Levis, and then all the sudden the Media starts up rumors that the Bears are considering moving on from Fields....then the leverage goes back to Chicago.

Let be honest, teams want a franchise QB, and none of the top QBs in this draft are a looking like there is a consensus #1....so why would a team mortgage the future to move all the way to #1?

If no one offers the Bears an Package, take the position that has the most value, and that is Pass rusher....Anderson is my pick if i am GM.
How does the leverage go to the bears by acting interested in the qbs? Suddenly the teams negotiating a trade up with the bears won't be aware the bears are negotiating trading the #1 pick to them and will throw more picks at them?

The leverage will be created after FA and trades of other qbs have settled and teams are aware who is in the market to move up. Colts can't just sit tight if there are 5 other teams looking to move up. AZ could easily trade out of their pick as well.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You're right. Bears might get bargains on Davenport (because of down year and injuries) and omenihu (legal issues). Time for some bargain hunting to upgrade the roster around payne who can't tackle or stop the run
Super lame post. Didn’t mention bargain at all. See “consistent players” and “not always banged up”

I’d like to go after a guy with more than half a sack last year who’s production isnt up and down. Try to keep up. If you disagree that Davenport isn’t inconsistent and not banged up a lot, please provide a counter argument.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Super lame post. Didn’t mention bargain at all. See “consistent players” and “not always banged up”

I’d like to go after a guy with more than half a sack last year who’s production isnt up and down. Try to keep up. If you disagree that Davenport isn’t inconsistent and not banged up a lot, please provide a counter argument.
It just sounded like a guy who'd be a bargain. Inconsistent production and injuries coming from a bad team. Sounds like a guy who could take off in the right situation.

Payne could be a bargain too if he ever figures out tackling and run defense.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It just sounded like a guy who'd be a bargain. Inconsistent production and injuries coming from a bad team. Sounds like a guy who could take off in the right situation.

Payne could be a bargain too if he ever figures out tackling and run defense.

Payne will certainly not be a bargain. He may live up to the contract he gets, but there’s quite a lot of risk there. Bargain though? No.

Pretty sure we were talking about Davenport though. I have trouble staying on topic too

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
How does the leverage go to the bears by acting interested in the qbs? Suddenly the teams negotiating a trade up with the bears won't be aware the bears are negotiating trading the #1 pick to them and will throw more picks at them?

The leverage will be created after FA and trades of other qbs have settled and teams are aware who is in the market to move up. Colts can't just sit tight if there are 5 other teams looking to move up. AZ could easily trade out of their pick as well.
Good point about Free Agency, I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more movement than people are expecting, but the Bears need to play the lying game, other wise like you said teams that want a QB, could simply negotiate with Arizona....

I know we are in a good position, but I just feel like the Bears might get under cut if they do not play the game.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It’s hard to stop the run when you got people like @Enasic obsessed with you, demanding your jersey before you even suit up for the bears

its wild he put up the numbers and performance he did this season!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It’s hard to stop the run when you got people like @Enasic obsessed with you, demanding your jersey before you even suit up for the bears

its wild he put up the numbers and performance he did this season!
Imagine his numbers if he could stop the run and didn't miss so many tackles. His INT numbers are pretty low too

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Imagine his numbers if he could stop the run and didn't miss so many tackles. His INT numbers are pretty low too
Ya know, I was just looking at his punt return numbers…and I gotta say, I’m concerned

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Who’s obsessed with who now? The guy tagging me randomly who offered me a Payne jersey and is now twisting it around like I give a shit? or the guy who brought up Payne during a conversation regarding Marcus Davenport? ?

You guys are weird

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Who’s obsessed with who now? The guy tagging me randomly who offered me a Payne jersey and is now twisting it around like I give a shit? or the guy who brought up Payne during a conversation regarding Marcus Davenport? ?

You guys are weird
Kick his ass, bro.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Carter and Jedeveon Clowney immediately upgrades the D line to upper tier status

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
So we shouldn’t be talking about the upcoming draft where the bears hold the #1 pick (and are no longer playing football) in January?

Can you please let us all know when we’re allowed to talk about the upcoming draft where the bears hold the #1 pick?

Thx
Not at all what i meant. But i think you know that.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Some rumors have been circulating that Jalen Carter has some off the field issues and takes plays off.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carter might be the best scheme fit defender in the draft, so no I'm not distressed if they don't want to risk losing him with a move.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm not sold on Young or Levi's being top ten picks at all.

I wouldn't touch Young in the third. I'd take Hall or dude from TCU before him after what I saw in his bowl game against pressure.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Soooo who would you be comfortable taking #1 overall? Lol

Everyone acts like the talent value exists outside of the current draft.

“Not gonna take so and so because 3 years ago there was a better defensive end…”

I just answered that - Will Anderson.

Nothing is a sure thing, but he's the closest thing to a sure thing in the draft.

Although even though it is a bit of an over-draft, I would not hate it if they drafted Paris Johnson either.