If Brian Urlacher was doing what Roquan is doing rn would you still hate on it? [Football Talk ONLY]

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Say Brian was on his rookie contract and 5th year option and he decided he's not going to practice until he gets an extension, and he had his loser brother calling teams about a trade, would you RoqSmitty HATERS be hating on Brian?

I think most of you would support Brian over Jerry Angelo. What say you?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Say Brian was on his rookie contract and 5th year option and he decided he's not going to practice until he gets an extension, and he had his loser brother calling teams about a trade, would you RoqSmitty HATERS be hating on Brian?

He threaten to holdout when JA was gm they gave him a new deal right away. Everyone made excuses for him. I wonder why

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Honestly, Urlacher should have stood up for himself more when Phil Emery pushed him out the door. Dude let Emery walk all over him and basically had an abrupt retirement because of it. He deserved better. Especially considering the next season the defense was a joke under Mel Tucker

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Honestly, Urlacher should have stood up for himself more when Phil Emery pushed him out the door. Dude let Emery walk all over him and basically had an abrupt retirement because of it. He deserved better. Especially considering the next season the defense was a joke under Mel Tucker
Kinda like how he stood up to Bas Rutten?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Highly doubt an old Urlacher would have solved that.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
He got a take it or leave it offer and left it. Also he couldn't run anymore. He did what he should have done and walked away. What do you suppose he should have done? Pulled a Jay Ratliff?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
See exhibit A. Should have gave urlacher a new deal with his damaged knee. Guy couldn’t get a contract anywhere else in the league but he was wronged by the bears. Fucking L O L. But smith holding out to be compensated he gets put on the BLACK list. What a joke

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The double standard is clear as day. Two threads by @HeHateMe that deals with smith situation and the usual suspects ignore it. You guys out yourselves without even posting
in all fairness the usual suspects probably have me on ignore and can't see the thread. 100% guarantee they put me on ignore for exposing their bias. Heads in the sand.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Highly doubt an old Urlacher would have solved that.
No, but at least he could've helped. We actually had a decent offense under Trestman at times. Or at least a dominant skill players with Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Marshall, Martellius Bennet, and Matt Forte. All we needed was a serviceable defense.

But even then he deserved a better exit than he received. I think he should have gotten a farewell tour pr something of the sort..Basically was slapped in the face with a near minimum vet offer and told to walk. And then he basically distanced himself from the Bears until he got into the HOF.

discplayer

Liked Posts:

I would absolutely be unhappy with Urlacher, and this even though he had a much bigger impact on the game than Roquan has.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
See exhibit A. Should have gave urlacher a new deal with his damaged knee. Guy couldn’t get a contract anywhere else in the league but he was wronged by the bears. Fucking L O L. But smith holding out to be compensated he gets put on the BLACK list. What a joke
Urlacher was nearing his end and wasn't as valuable to other teams as he was to the Bears. The franchise did him wrong.

As far as Roquan is concerned, Ive been on board that the Bears should overpay him. We have tons of cap space the next 2 seasons and are going to end up overriding for mediocre free agents come next offseason anyways..

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
in all fairness the usual suspects probably have me on ignore and can't see the thread. 100% guarantee they put me on ignore for exposing their bias. Heads in the sand.
I value your original content. If I want to read a tweet I’m not allowed to respond to I can just check my Twitter feed.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Except that Urlacher was a joke by that time, too. He needed to be pushed out the door. He was a shell of his former self and had become a surly, discontented, self-absorbed and sanctimonious dick. The Bears org needed to move on.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Urlacher was nearing his end and wasn't as valuable to other teams as he was to the Bears. The franchise did him wrong.

As far as Roquan is concerned, Ive been on board that the Bears should overpay him. We have tons of cap space the next 2 seasons and are going to end up overriding for mediocre free agents come next offseason anyways..
If he was valued by another team he would have been paid by another team. Literally no team was interested in his knee issue. He also wanted to be highest paid on the team if anything they dodged a bullet. Could of went down as bad as pace fuck up keeping trevethan