If Brian Urlacher was doing what Roquan is doing rn would you still hate on it? [Football Talk ONLY]

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Ok, let's put it another way (kind of what @HeHateMe is asking, I think).

Imagine if Urlacher were a generational talent who happened to be black, would he have gotten all the support that people seem to think he would have gotten in that situation as a white player?
I think @HeHateMe point in this riveting thought exercise is, everyone is racist ?

That’s what he’s getting at. He’s just using this thought exercise with a lot of different variables and unknowns to make this point.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Imagine if Urlacher were a generational talent who happened to be black, would he have gotten all the support that people seem to think he would have gotten in that situation as a white player?

I think @HeHateMe point in this riveting thought exercise is, everyone is racist ?

That’s what he’s getting at. He’s just using this thought exercise with a lot of different variables and unknowns to make this point.

Not everyone, not at all. @BEARZOMBIE called it though. Plenty of people not posting in this thread who've had all sorts of things to say about how "dumb" Roquan is, how much of a "distraction" Roquan is, how Roquan isn't that great, how Roquan should shut up and stick to the terms of his 5th year option. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I generally dont have a problem with Players trying to get new contracts, but to try and compare a hall of fame LB vs a good LB is dumb.

and there is a reason that players hire agents.. so the agent can fight for contracts and the player can look better in the publics eye.. even when they are holding out the player can always take the public response that "my agent is handling it and I cant wait to get back on the field"

Bottom line is Smith is a moron for not having an agent..
Well, let's do something dumb because it is interesting to see how much better a Hall-of-Famer is better than a good LB (out of curiosity).

Urlacher (in his first 4 years) had 6 Int, 4 forced fumbles and 5 fumble recoveries, 505 tackles and 392 solo tackles.

Smith has had 5 Int, 1 forced fumble and 1 fumble recover, 524 tackles and 348 solo tackles.

Yes, Urlacher has better numbers in turnovers and solo tackles but Smith has better numbers in tackles.

I would have to say that the ratings are Urlacher is Hall-of-Fame numbers but Smith is a Great LB, not a good LB.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Who’s giving a pass to Urlacher for that?

Either way, 2 different situations. Do I fault Roquan for trying to max his value and try to get the most money possible? Of course not.

Do I think it’s a good idea to rep himself and get the Saint Omni’s of the world involved in trade requests? Lol…of course not. There’s a reason most players hire agents and the saint omni situation…well…that was dumb
You have to remember that there were a lot of people here who were against Roquan BEFORE the Saint Omnipants thing happened.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Not everyone, not at all. @BEARZOMBIE called it though. Plenty of people not posting in this thread who've had all sorts of things to say about how "dumb" Roquan is, how much of a "distraction" Roquan is, how Roquan isn't that great, how Roquan should shut up and stick to the terms of his 5th year option. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
I’ll play along…does that imply the absence of those posters are racist? Perhaps they are busy and haven’t read the thread. Perhaps the thread is clearly baiting and they don’t find it interesting.

You’re also ignoring variables like personality/enjoyment factor from watching the player on the field. For example, there are likely things say, Akiem Hicks can do that people will look past that they might not readily look past for say, Alshon Jeffery. Why? People love Akiem Hicks on the field and his overall personality…more than Alshon. Both are black but people might react differently to the same set of circumstances because of the individual. There are more factors than skin color at play here.

In the end, if you’re looking for racism at every corner all the time, you’re going to find it…always and forever. Even if it doesn’t exist where you’re looking.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

So he's asking what if Ray Lewis did what Roquan is doing...?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’ll play along…does that imply the absence of those posters are racist? Perhaps they are busy and haven’t read the thread. Perhaps the thread is clearly baiting and they don’t find it interesting.

You’re also ignoring variables like personality/enjoyment factor from watching the player on the field. For example, there are likely things say, Akiem Hicks can do that people will look past that they might not readily look past for say, Alshon Jeffery. Why? People love Akiem Hicks on the field and his overall personality…more than Alshon. Both are black but people might react differently to the same set of circumstances because of the individual. There are more factors than skin color at play here.

In the end, if you’re looking for racism at every corner all the time, you’re going to find it…always and forever. Even if it doesn’t exist where you’re looking.

Bro you're reading into things more than you think I'm reading into things.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If I heard that Urlacher was at the J6 insurrection, I'd be like, "Yeah, I see that."

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Forgive him. He doesn't know you're illiterate and fake just like Urlacher didn't know who Bas was.
Reported. Personal Attack. Not football talk. @Penny Traitor please remove this man's posting privileges for this thread.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reported. Personal Attack. Not football talk. @Penny Traitor please remove this man's posting privileges for this thread.
You could have just had that sissy, VickAshleyunverified, do that when he/she was disliking that post.

And Urlacher was a football player. reread the post.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Well, let's do something dumb because it is interesting to see how much better a Hall-of-Famer is better than a good LB (out of curiosity).

Urlacher (in his first 4 years) had 6 Int, 4 forced fumbles and 5 fumble recoveries, 505 tackles and 392 solo tackles.

Smith has had 5 Int, 1 forced fumble and 1 fumble recover, 524 tackles and 348 solo tackles.

Yes, Urlacher has better numbers in turnovers and solo tackles but Smith has better numbers in tackles.

I would have to say that the ratings are Urlacher is Hall-of-Fame numbers but Smith is a Great LB, not a good LB.

You left out a few for comparison

Sacks
BU - 21
RS - 14

TFL
BU - 53
RS - 43

Pass Defended
BU - 24
RS - 17

But if you want to call smith a great LB VS just a good LB thats fine but it really doesn't change anything, when Urlacher was literally better at everything, this is Smiths 2nd hold out in 4 years and has already demanded off the team so its dumb to try and compare them.. unless I'm not remembering with Urlacher but did he also hold out 2 times and demand a trade in his first 4 years?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You could have just had that sissy, VickAshleyunverified, do that when he/she was disliking that post.

Sorry bud but it literally absolutely says that Vick is verified fully verified it’s all up in his name. Point your anger elsewhere

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Not only that, Who had the better supporting cast?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sorry bud but it literally absolutely says that Vick is verified fully verified it’s all up in his name. Point your anger elsewhere
Back to football talk bud, don't let that guy have any success derailing this thread about FOOTBALL BRIAN AND ROQUAN before he's banned!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

You seem completely angry and off the hinges lately when you talk about Bears football. Are you ok? When talking Bears football of course!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You seem completely angry and off the hinges lately when you talk about Bears football. Are you ok? When talking Bears football of course!
I'm never angry. It's just one of those things soppy pussies always like to make believe.